Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 10, 2008, 1:27 PM   #1151

WEll can someone post a link to the correct one WE SHOULD be using with the 700? I dont want to buy the wrong one and have issues that other people are having....

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:03 PM   #1152

Please post a photo of the correct Phoenix lens, and a description of the instructions that come in the box. The Chinese knock-offs come with a 4 x 5 inch piece of paper, printed on one side labeled "Instructions" which doesn't look at all like what I expect with a Japanese product...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:06 PM   #1153

there are no instructions to the Pheonix. it came in a plastic and cardboard backing. that was it with mine. Something I learn, save all boxs to resel later LOL sorry this item is not for sale..

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:00 PM   #1154

http://blip.tv/file/816474/

figure it belongs here as well this is a clip comparing aiptek and sanyo edited down and edited , etc.. even though it is no longer Hd quality it holds a good amount of info to still show out what the cams can do. best of all you'll see how low light will capture, and howsmearing on the other, I am sure if I did film the same scenerio in opposites a black blotch, and the same smear. this is why I preferre the aiptek over the sanyo for lighting
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:37 PM   #1155

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://blip.tv/file/816474/

figure it belongs here as well this is a clip comparing aiptek and sanyo edited down and edited , etc.. even though it is no longer Hd quality it holds a good amount of info to still show out what the cams can do. best of all you'll see how low light will capture, and howsmearing on the other, I am sure if I did film the same scenerio in opposites a black blotch, and the same smear. this is why I preferre the aiptek over the sanyo for lighting
how did you create the fast motion??

Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:04 PM   #1156

OK, here is a lens that works. This is a Sunpak CAM-2110 MagMount Optics lens, 0.45x 17-27mm diameter (large). This one really seems to be of Japanese manufacture. See the serial number stamped into the magnet ring? You won't find that on the Chinese rip-off which is pictured in my post above. I bought the Sunpak from a nearby Frys store for $34.95 - It was the last one they had in stock.

The Chinese rip-off had color-matched the little drawstring bag which comes with the lens, color-matched the two plastic lenscaps, and had similar-looking stick-on rings. The one thing the Chinese didn't copy correctly was the lens itself, which is much larger than the Sunpak, heavier, and absolutely unusable, because it would not focus properly. It was also blurred.

By contrast, this Sunpak was essentially perfect (for a sub-$100 lens). I took two photos, with and without, so you could see focus differences at the edge of the screen. There were none, so I haven't bothered to post them here:G The HD700 will focus through the lens properly, at all levels of zoom. Everything just works.

What a piece of junk is the Chinese rip-off...

Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:29 PM   #1157

I am confused.. you say the chinese ripoff T had color-matched the little drawstring bag which comes with the lens, color-matched the two plastic lenscaps, and had similar-looking stick-on rings.

However, take a look at this http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sunpa...oductDetail.do

this is the model # you are talking about but it has eerything you say the ripoff has.. whats the deal?

Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:35 PM   #1158

If you saw the Japanese Circuit City product, and then were sold the Chinese product, you probably would not notice the difference, as the both have little bags and endcaps, and the bags/caps are even the same color. One tends not to remember the lens shape as easily This is one of the hallmarks of copied prodiucts - the easy stuff is copied well - the hard stuff (lens) is copied poorly, or, in this case, hardly at all.

The Sunpak comes in a plastic "bubble" container almost exactly the same as the Phoenix pictured above. I suspect they come from the same factory. The Chinese comes is a standard small box, common for Chinese products.

Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:31 PM   #1159

so is the circuit city one the correct model or the one we SHOULD NOT get?

Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:49 PM   #1160

The Sunpak works fine. Buy it while you can. I don't have a Phoenix, so I can't directly compare the two, but as far as I can see they are the identical, high-quality, Japanese product.