Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 11, 2008, 4:36 AM   #1161

Here is a lens that works as well, it`s the fox brand one, made in Japan, with serial number.
You can find it on ebay-europe.

Attached Images

*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:14 AM   #1162
C-P

It seems that most of those M-Power type lens are the same and branded under several different makes. The pic of the one you had bad results with appears to be a different design altogether as it includes an extra 'macro' bit at its base. I've seen those being sold in ebay, clearly stating they have an extra macro ring. Since the appearance didn't match the one in the pics posted in previous pages of this thread (also not remembering any macro rings involved whatsoever), I steered clear off them and got me something that looked like the 'Phoenix' lens; albeit a different make (mine says 'Digital M-Power Wide Lens 0.45X LW on ring).

As for the low quality chinese rip-off term you tend to repeat so many times, it sounds as if we're talking about some pro-quality product and the chinese releasing a cheap knock off, which is not the case. Both of them are cheap and gimmicky products; the difference is that the one you got with the macro ring attached to the base seems to be of inferior design compared to the ones we tried that didn't have it. I personally would not go near any of those products altogether if I had the option to put something decent in front of my HD700 without the fuss of a lot of modding and increasing the total volume of the camera by far. It is just a cheap workaround solution that works more or less fine considering the cost and the minimal extra volume it adds to the system.
C-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 1:04 PM   #1163

Indeed, CP.
I note that the Fox lens picture (which is posted above) looks very similar indeed to the lens I was sent. Assuming the Fox is a genuine quality lens, I may have been hasty in drawing my conclusions. I will write to my lens supplier, and see what they have to say. Luckily, they have a 60 day satisfaction guarantee

I do note that the cardboard box for my non-working lens does sasy "with Macro" on a sticker on the outside of the box. So maybe it is a special purpose lens that was sent in error. I will check out the facts.

In any case, the Sunpak works well, and is lighter weight than the Fox, very similar to the Phoenix, in fact.

Thanks for everybody's help.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 1:40 PM   #1164

As I mentione Sony vegas 8 control key, andshorten the end of video you'll see a scrible line

that is how

As for a lens wide angle, go to the store and ask them if you want me to purchase ,let me try. or just order the pheonix online this Xmax

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://blip.tv/file/816474/

figure it belongs here as well this is a clip comparing aiptek and sanyo edited down and edited , etc.. even though it is no longer Hd quality it holds a good amount of info to still show out what the cams can do. best of all you'll see how low light will capture, and howsmearing on the other, I am sure if I did film the same scenerio in opposites a black blotch, and the same smear. this is why I preferre the aiptek over the sanyo for lighting
how did you create the fast motion??

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:32 AM   #1165

Wide angle:

Used my cameras the sanyo, the aiptek,a nice day, it rained and humid afterwards. As I recorded, and edited, I noticed again the moisture on the lens. what I can figure out now, the wide angle is fine, and the sanyo generates enough warmth to cause the blurring or deformation, while the Aipteks does not

the sanyo is realy compacted, while the aiptek is not, with the lenses.

My observation
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:24 AM   #1166

THis just started to happen but can someone tell me why in PREMIERE Elements 4, when I am editing my HD footage from the sanyp camera in an SD project, then I render it out to SD DV (720x480), between scenes after the transition I put in and when it is a new sanyo camera file, the video is frozen until the transition is finished and THEN it starts? if I dont put any transition in between the clips, its fine. It doesnt do this with regular DVG footage captured from a mini-dv camera.

Thanks...

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:28 PM   #1167

Looks like this topic died??
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:52 PM   #1168

Could you try the same "exercice" after a encodage from original MP4 --> to .avi
done with the excellent freeware Mp4Cam2AVI ?
(NO QUALITY LOSE AND VERY SPEED)

I remarked that after that, Adobe premiere seems to work better and much faster !!!

anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 3:16 PM   #1169

Can the HD700 be charged without the docking station? I know I could get an external charger, but that's not my question. I'm under the impression I can plug AC directly into my HD700 using the supplied cable, but will that actually charge the battery inside the cam, or does that only power the cam for recording? I'm going on a long trip to Europe and I'd rather not have to bring the docking station (viewing is not an issue).
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 4:27 PM   #1170

When you plug the power adapter into the camera the first 1 amp (or so) of current is used to run the camcorder. If there is more current available then the internal battery will charge.

You can also plug in an auxiliary battery, I have modified a little battery pack with 4xAA that was designed to recharge Ipod batteries. With 4xNiMH cells this powers the HD700 for about 2-3 hours.

The HD1000 behaves identically.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote