Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19, 2008, 12:57 PM   #1171
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Default

I recently purchased the HD700. Read some of your reviews. Love the size and the outdoor pictures. I'm concerned about the indoor/flash pictures under low-light conditions (restaurants ect.). It seems you have to get within3-4 ft. of your subject in order to get decent color pictures. Otherwise, skin-tones are muddy. Forget group shots when you have to stand back about 8 ft. I know the flash range is about 8.5 ft. in specs. Doesn't matter if I'm in simple or normal mode. Every setting is on auto.

Does it matter if "face detection" is on?

Is there any way to make adjustments to get better color saturation for still pictures or is this the camera?

Please help. I have two weeks left to return camera if this can't be fixed.



Thank you.
affiatati7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 3:29 PM   #1172
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25
Default

Hi, on my HD700 I've put a cookie composite wide angle 0.29x and it works just fine. But this lens is not magnetic, so you have to tape or glue it on.

Mike




*derxxsfilmer* a écrit:
Quote:
Here is a lens that works as well, it`s the fox brand one, made in Japan, with serial number.
You can find it on ebay-europe.
fastmike524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 4:54 PM   #1173
Member
 
anjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 87
Default

Could you please show us the result with photo and video ?

IS IT THIS LENS ? (Liquid 3 x 0.29 Wide angle lens by Cookie Composites)
http://www.chutingstargear.com/index...roducts_id=185




DOES SOMEBODY TRY THIS ONE?
(Liquid 5 x0.45 Wide angle lens by Cookie Composites)
http://www.chutingstargear.com/index...roducts_id=186


Thank you...
anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 3:05 PM   #1174
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25
Default

yes thats the lens. You have to set it on manuel focus (5cm) but you have full range of zoom with it. I use is even in HD mode and the image is real sweat.

I'll try and downsize some thing to put the on.
fastmike524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2008, 1:58 AM   #1175
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Default

I have the Xacti HD 700 for a couple months now.

Can someone explain the steps to convert the footage to a regular DVD (DVD-5, 4.x GB size) so that I can have the best possible video quality on DVDs ?
k000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 6:52 AM   #1176
Junior Member
 
Silik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13
Default

I found this link on another forum. Superb quality! Can't wait until I get my HD700.


Silik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 6:57 PM   #1177
Member
 
*derxxsfilmer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 62
Default

k000 wrote:
Quote:
I have the Xacti HD 700 for a couple months now.

Can someone explain the steps to convert the footage to a regular DVD (DVD-5, 4.x GB size) so that I can have the best possible video quality on DVDs ?
Convert the mp4 to avi with the free tools mpeg_streamclip or media coder and burn it with the free tool dvd-flick.
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 9:48 PM   #1178
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Default

*derxxsfilmer* wrote:
Quote:
k000 wrote:
Quote:
I have the Xacti HD 700 for a couple months now.

Can someone explain the steps to convert the footage to a regular DVD (DVD-5, 4.x GB size) so that I can have the best possible video quality on DVDs ?
Convert the mp4 to avi with the free tools mpeg_streamclip or media coder and burn it with the free tool dvd-flick.
Thanks a ton.. !

Any settings to not loose the HD quality ? or would defaults work...
k000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:17 AM   #1179
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Default

Can someone please help. I have been to the end of the internet and back, and this is apparently the only place where anyone has this camera.

My problem is I'm running Vista 64, and I can't get the camera to be detected. The reason I think is because I may have lost the installation CD, or at least the CD with the drivers.

Does anyone have a driver for this camera? I can't find one anywhere, and Sanyo's website doesn't seem to carry it either.

Please help. Email me at [email protected] if you could help me and I'll pay pal you $5.00!

I'm dieing here..:?
bozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 5:37 PM   #1180
Junior Member
 
Silik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13
Default

bozer wrote:
Quote:
Can someone please help. I have been to the end of the internet and back, and this is apparently the only place where anyone has this camera.

My problem is I'm running Vista 64, and I can't get the camera to be detected. The reason I think is because I may have lost the installation CD, or at least the CD with the drivers.

Does anyone have a driver for this camera? I can't find one anywhere, and Sanyo's website doesn't seem to carry it either.

Please help. Email me at [email protected] if you could help me and I'll pay pal you $5.00!

I'm dieing here..:?
I would do it for free but my camera is on backorder until august 5th. If you can't find it try to contact Sanyo's support.

Edit: [email protected]
Silik is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.