Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 7, 2008, 8:33 PM   #1181

Emailing them now. To be honest I'm not expecting they will send them to me. If anyone can email me the drivers, I would be incredibly grateful.
bozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 8:39 AM   #1182

Turns out my email bounced back. I guess Sanyo's support sucks =(

Can anyone else send me the driver please? [email protected]
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:42 PM   #1183

You guys are my only hope =(

I don't want to be annoying but if someone can find it in their heart to email me the drivers, I would be able to use my camera again.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:43 AM   #1184

bozer, drivers are not necessary for this camera. It uses standard USB interfaces that should just work withmost modernOSs. Either you are not following the correct steps to connect your camera andselect the USB card reader mode, or your PC's or camera's USB port or USB cable is not working properly.

Regardless, even if you cannot get the USB interface to work, you can simply use any SD / SDHC card reader connected toa PC to retrieve your videos and photos. SD / SDHC card readers are very cheap these days and as well come built-in to many PCs and laptops, and even some printers.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:03 PM   #1185

Hello happy HD700 Owners ;-)))

I have discovered a very interesting TUTORIAL for
"OTPIMISING the exported video" for VIMEO HD PAGE :
It really give you the best possible quality on Vimeo.

and the result is surprising VERY GOOD !!!
The original file (HD700 best quality settings) was 33 Mb
and became after these export presets only 11 Mb !!!
--> http://www.vimeo.com/1157550
(Chek HD option)

Each programm have his own explication !
--> http://vimeo.com/forums/topic:3671

I tryied to follow each details of the tutorial for
Ulead VideoStudio Plus and MediaStudio Pro :
--> eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2007/12/08/exporting-with-ulead-in-720p/

Do somebody have other Xvid export exemple ?

anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:04 PM   #1186

Caelum

Yup. But I went and installed Vista 64 and apparently Vista 64 needs the drivers. Vista 32 bit does not.

So.. if I could only find my disc, or someone would send me the drivers, I could at least make an attempt. If anything I will go back to 32, but it sucks that this is the only device not working for my PC.

Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:06 PM   #1187

But bozer, what I'm telling you is that there are no drivers for this camera, none are required. You won't find any for the camera on a disc or online either.

However, your PC's USB device might require Vista 64-bit compatible drivers to work properly, but you would need toturnto your PC or USB device manufacturer for those.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:13 PM   #1188

Heck. I just ordered another of these little fellas (an HD700 refurb). It's addiction. Nothing more. Plain addiction. I know how many weaknesses it had but everytime I look at the footage which I shot I kept saying "wow, how did it do that..." Sigh...

I need the HD700 this month for a conference. Didn't like the lack of finish (software and hardware) of the DXG and AIPTEK. Can't afford to wait for anything 'better'.

The Kodak V1073, which I will use whenever I am in low light, will only record for 29 minutes at a time. And the Canon HF100 will not fit into my jacket pocket. Sigh... there's the HD700 niche, where there is adequate light and just a standard jacket pocket...

Let's see. The V1073 in my left pocket, the HD700 in my right. No, wait, should the V1073 be in my right? decisions decisions. Oh I hate addiction...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:01 PM   #1189

Ok I went back to Vista 32 and all is well now. Thanks for your help guys.

Question for you:

Is there a light that you guys use for shooting at night? I was thinking of getting a maglight and just taping it to it.

What about a tripod of some sort? I wish I could just sit it on a table and let it film but the way the camera is designed that doesn't seem to work.

Lastly, do you shoot in SHD or the one below? There are two HD settings I noticed.. super high quality or just regular HD. I went for the super
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:15 AM   #1190

My new HD700 just arrived and I am really dissapointed.
I have a 2 year old Sanyo HD1 and was expecting the quality to improve.
Both the video and still quality (which is supposed to be 7mp vs 5mp) are WORSE.

I took the same video shots inside AND outside with BOTH and compared them side by side.

How could this be?

- Did Sanyo switch that much?
- Is someone else building these?
- Could it be an improper setting?
- Could it be a defect?

Also, the 'electric hum' sound reported in this review is definitely the zoom motor. You only hear it when zooming in and out. It's extremely poor form for Sanyo to let this ship witht this terrible error.

Any thoughts before I return it?
chuckstar is offline   Reply With Quote