Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:06 AM   #1211

nt421 wrote:
Quote:
I have been trying to edit the video (MPEG4 format)taken with my HD700 with the Adobe Premiere software bundled, however it was unable to evenrecognise any video files except for WMV format files.

Pls help to advise how do I go about edit the video taken with my HD700.
First off, I dont know how people on here have a focus issue... see my web site www.unlimitedsounds.com under videos and also http://vimeo.com/qwikcut ... you will see some amazing video and I use it is very low light.

Also, I dont know what the issue is with editing.. I use premiere elements... I do this by opening up the program and then importing the video clips into the program. I copy them off my memory card onto a hard drive where I store everything.. edit and make a non-hd widescreen DVD... Since I dont have a way to burn hd yet...

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 9:48 AM   #1212

Hi djquik -

A quick glance at you sites has most video shot over distances longer than I or ssss25 are talking about, so perhaps that is the difference.

What settings are you using and I'll give them a shot (center focus vs 9 zone, etc).

Thanks for taking the time to reply...
climbthrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:25 AM   #1213

1. Red and White / Silver Eyes problem at night time room environment for HD700- anyone has this problem?

2. Video take cannot edit with Adobe Premiere - I've attached the file that will show that there are 8 files in My Video folder but when I used Premiere to "add media" under Files/Folders, you will only see 1 file which is the only .WMV format. The other 7 files are MPEG4 format taken with my HD700. I've even ensure that file types as MPEG4, but still Premiere cannot recognise those files taken from HD700.

How do I attach one of the MPEG file for you to try if your Premiere can recognise it?
Pls help to advise what can I do to fix the 2 problems above.

Attached Images

nt421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 6:54 PM   #1214

I can't help you with your video problem but if you go to this site http://www.4shared.com you can get 5 gig of free space to upload your video to, for other people to download and try help you with your problem.

Cheers

Robert
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 2:08 PM   #1215

I want to buy the vpc-hd700kit(docking station and remote control) new or used.
can anyone help me please;thanks.
eranakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:20 PM   #1216

nt421 wrote:
Quote:
1. Red and White / Silver Eyes problem at night time room environment for HD700- anyone has this problem?

2. Video take cannot edit with Adobe Premiere - I've attached the file that will show that there are 8 files in My Video folder but when I used Premiere to "add media" under Files/Folders, you will only see 1 file which is the only .WMV format. The other 7 files are MPEG4 format taken with my HD700. I've even ensure that file types as MPEG4, but still Premiere cannot recognise those files taken from HD700.

How do I attach one of the MPEG file for you to try if your Premiere can recognise it?
Pls help to advise what can I do to fix the 2 problems above.
I dont udnerstand your video editing issue.. My videos show up in adobe premiere elements.. HOWEVER, I do have something on my vista machine installed called MORGAN MULTIMEDIA CODEC which allows the files to play properly in windwos media classic..

Upload one of your videos and I will try to see what I can do.., Just remember, it must be a video that came out of the camera and was not rouched by any program before going into elements...

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:06 AM   #1217
arp

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
nt421 wrote:
Quote:
I have been trying to edit the video (MPEG4 format)taken with my HD700 with the Adobe Premiere software bundled, however it was unable to evenrecognise any video files except for WMV format files.

Pls help to advise how do I go about edit the video taken with my HD700.
First off, I dont know how people on here have a focus issue... see my web site http://www.unlimitedsounds.com under videos and also http://vimeo.com/qwikcut ... you will see some amazing video and I use it is very low light.

Also, I dont know what the issue is with editing.. I use premiere elements... I do this by opening up the program and then importing the video clips into the program. I copy them off my memory card onto a hard drive where I store everything.. edit and make a non-hd widescreen DVD... Since I dont have a way to burn hd yet...

I saw your videos at vimeo... and are great!
What settings you use in low light environments like candle birthdays?
Thanks
arp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 4:10 PM   #1218

I got this camera a couple of days ago and I have noticed some vertical lines in my recordings.

They appear to be 'noise'. I uploaded a sample to here:Removed - problem solved

Is anyone else getting this (occasionally)? It is not in all the videos. I'm wondering if it could be the angle of the sun and an anomoly that is frequent with digital camcorders.

I really love most things that this camera does. Amazing considering the size!

The Adobe Premier software seems to be a waste though:

It doesn't retain the quality when I have finished the editing and saving as an HD clip.

File sizes are still huge.

And it takes forever to render.

In-camera editing is waaay better.

Is there a trick to Premier editing I'm missing?
Peskypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 6:16 PM   #1219

I had a look at your video and it could be a case of lens flare, although it was so fast it was hard to tell. I would keep an eye on it as it could also be a fault in the sensor.

If you start getting it without a strong light source around I would send it back under warranty with an example video for the technicians to have a look at it.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:12 PM   #1220

Thanks for the input.

If I move the cam slightly when filming, I can make it disappear - is that normal?

P
Peskypete is offline   Reply With Quote