Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:13 PM   #151

Sorry, double post.
Ominx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:26 PM   #152

Would someone please kind enough to post some sample video clips; indoor, normal fluorescent lighting, 10 seconds long would be good enough. If there is anyone really have time to entertain my request, please post one sample in the above-mentioned condition in FULL AUTO mode; and one sample in manual mode which he/she thinks fit the best. A BIG BIG BIG BIG thanks!!!
syk2c11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:33 PM   #153

syk2c11 wrote:
Quote:
Would someone please kind enough to post some sample video clips; indoor, normal fluorescent lighting, 10 seconds long would be good enough.* If there is anyone really have time to entertain my request, please post one sample in the above-mentioned condition in FULL AUTO mode; and one sample in manual mode which he/she thinks fit the best.* A BIG BIG BIG BIG thanks!!!
I'll try to do this for you in the next day or two.
Ominx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:35 PM   #154

Thank You!
syk2c11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:13 PM   #155

Schafeman - I agree with you. I also thought the HD700's output wasn't worth the money and returned it, while the HD 1000's, which I ended up keeping, was - despite it costing more and being undeniably bulkier.

One surprise to me is that folks keep saying in these forums that if you're an absolute stickler for image quality, the Sanyos are not the place to go. I find it a touch absurd when someone says that a $ 600 or $ 800 camera somehow should be absolved of having to have great image quality. It's a bit embarassing for a Sanyo owner to have post after post on owner forums where people are told over and over again not to expect much in the form of video quality. What does that say about Sanyo? Or those of us who buy them?

At that price point, image quality had betterbe there; if it isn't, Sanyo will remain a perpetual bit player. And that would be a pity, seeing the amount of innovation they have put forth and the abolutely gorgeous design factors that make every other camera look and feel like a kitchen appliance by comparison.

IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:33 PM   #156

IcelandFan wrote:
Quote:
Schafeman - I agree with you. I also thought the HD700's output wasn't worth the money and returned it, while the HD 1000's, which I ended up keeping, was - despite it costing more and being undeniably bulkier.

One surprise to me is that folks keep saying in these forums that if you're an absolute stickler for image quality, the Sanyos are not the place to go. I find it a touch absurd when someone says that a $ 600 or $ 800 camera somehow should be absolved of having to have great image quality. It's a bit embarassing for a Sanyo owner to have post after post on owner forums where people are told over and over again not to expect much in the form of video quality. What does that say about Sanyo? Or those of us who buy them?

At that price point, image quality had betterbe there; if it isn't, Sanyo will remain a perpetual bit player. And that would be a pity, seeing the amount of innovation they have put forth and the abolutely gorgeous design factors that make every other camera look and feel like a kitchen appliance by comparison.

You're missing an important part of this though, and that's what are the comparables? Point-n-shoots? Aiptek? Others? Sanyo blows those away. The problem is when people compare a tiny portable video camera with larger more powerful cams. It's all relative. Sanyo's got nothing to hide quality-wise b/c their cams are as good or better than any other camera that's as portable.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:11 AM   #157

Hhhhhmmmmm...... Is the video quality difference between the HD700 and the HD1000 that noticable? Thats interesting! I know they are different models with different optics and the rest but I would have imagined that the quality may have been slightly different but not quite asdifferent as people are reporting in the forum.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 5:47 AM   #158

Thanks for a great review. I bought the HD700 after reading all the comments everyone provided. Thanks. My experience has not been good. I am talking about the Ebay purchasing experience and I am learning the hard way. Any one considering buying and interested should read my post on this page.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...jump_to=822372

I have not used the camera yet because I was thinking I could return it but it does not seem worthwile. So, I may be able to add my comments about this camera very soon.
Grandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:28 AM   #159

Hey Grandmelody, I read your post. I understand your frustration with ebay, it is a risk buying. I can say I have had bad experiences too but I bought my HD1000 cam from HK and even with import duty etc it is still half the price of what I would pay here in Ireland in a retail outlet. Its a risk but in my case well worth it.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:36 AM   #160

Question for Caelum and everybody who has the HD700:

Mine is made in Indonesia (printed on the box). Where is your HD700 made in?
Grandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote