Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:57 PM   #181

you may well be correct, but i cant imagine sanyo making different models for different markets.from their aspect, it would be costly to tool up for this.

i am guessing that if you download footage to a PC for editing, the FPS afterwards will be irrelevent, and the pics. will be just as good.

this is only an assumtion on my part, has anyone have other ideas?
271144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:03 PM   #182

This has nothing to do with photos, and probably isn't that relevant for playback on a computer, but if it's true, it'd be very relevant for playback on a PAL TV.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:06 AM   #183

Berniep, the ebay ad you posted is the exactone that I saw and based on that I bought my brown Sanyo HD700, from the same seller X1387.

Mine was shipped from Hong Kong, but it is not IMO a grey Japanese import. It was not even made in Japan. The box I received the camera in had this printed on it "Made in Indonesia".
Grandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 7:26 AM   #184

@Grandmelody: lucky guy, because I'm still waiting for mine (ordered in europe last week).
Unfortunately heavy snowfalls here in austria delay my shipment.

Again aweekend without my new toy...
berniep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:15 AM   #185

Grandmelody wrote:
Quote:
[...]Mine was shipped from Hong Kong, but it is not IMO a grey Japanese import. It was not even made in Japan. The box I received the camera in had this printed on it "Made in Indonesia".
Sanyomost likely manufactures all of the HD700sat the same plantinIndonesia. Japanese modelsare labelled"DMX-", international modelsare labelled"VPC-". Even if you have a Hong Kong VPC- import model, it's still considered grey market by Sanyo and will not be covered by a warranty inyour country. If you are wondering why electronics cost more in Europe, it's primarily because of strict European consumer protection laws, and explains why the Xactis have a 3 year guarantee in Europe and not in other countries.

Along the lines of my previous reply to you: if you purchase something off eBayat a significantly lower price, wouldn't that be a clue that you shouldn't expect so much?
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:49 PM   #186

Caelum, In my case, the camera is not available at all in my country and I had to from overseas. I have to say it was a good price compared to some other sellers from Europe.

berniep, If you ordered from the same Ebay seller, it would be most interesting to me if your camera comes with a broken seal. Please let me know when it arrives, and, sorry if I started you worrying. :roll::?

I would like to get some[glow=blue]advice on film for this camera[/glow]. What do you use, Caelum and others who own one and do you notice any issues? Is a Class 4 or slower card fine for this camera? I am thinking of buying a Kingston 8GB Class 6 SDHC card for it. I am ready to buy a good card as it can be re-used inother devices too and a goodfaster card can continue to be useful. I grew up using chemical film, which was so expensive over time, so no problem for me to buy a good card.

Should I buy Class 6 SDHC? I was only able to find a couple of brief reviews on 8GB cards. One is for the A-DATA and it was found very good by the reviewer. The other article summarises various comments on cardsmade by many Canon TX1 users and it appears there are many issues, but the Kingston card was fine.
Grandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:09 PM   #187

So, I have had the HD700 for a couple of weeks now. Overall, I am very happy with the camera. However I am very disappointed with the indoor capabilities of the camera. My house is decently well lit, yet the recorder image is weak at best.

The weird part is that when I turn on the camera and and view the screen, the image quality is great. However, as soon as I start recording the image gets very dark. The imagelooks as if the lights were all of sudden turned off in the room. ..which they were not.

When recording outside, the image quality is very much as expected. So, my questions are: does a) anyone else have this problem? and b) can anyone make any recommendations? Most of the settings are still set at the factory default.

Thanks in advance,

Adam
adagoldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:37 PM   #188

adagoldb wrote:
Quote:
...The weird part is that when I turn on the camera and and view the screen, the image quality is great. However, as soon as I start recording the image gets very dark. The imagelooks as if the lights were all of sudden turned off in the room. ..which they were not.
I think you may have accidentally left a manual exposure mode on... like shutter or apature priority.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 7:21 PM   #189

Hello all, a couple of things.

Since getting my SanyoXacti HD700 i just need a few pointers.

Question 1. I have a 32" and a 50" Samsung TV, i presume by the posts i can view them just by connecting my HDMI cable.

Also, to tape from the camera to the DVD is just the same????

Question 2. I have these programs:

(1) VCD Easy v 3.1.0 VideoCD Authoring Suite software. www.vcdeasy.org
(2) Memories onTV I use earlier version http://www.codejam.com/index.htm only does photos.
(3) Photoplus 6. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/
(4) AVI to DVD converter. http://www.billionsoft.com/
(5) Faststone Photoresizer, image viewer, maxview. http://www.faststone.org/
(6) FFdshow http://cutka.szm.sk/ffdshow
(7) Photostory 3 for windows
(8) Photosuite ver 4 (still use it for photos)
(9) Irvanview 4.10
(10) Avidemux x 2.4 www.avidemux.org
(11) Photovista Panarama 2.02 http://www.downloadpipe.com/Photovis...hot-80063.html
(12) Picaso 2
(13) Mp4Cam2AVI Told by others to download this for turning MP4 to AVI files, can anyone explain how to get this from AVI to work on TV/Dvd???
(14) Quicktime player.
(15) Media Player.

(16)Nero 6

By reading a post here, i Import my video into Mp4Cam2AVI?? Correct Y?N

Then from the list above, what do i need to use in order.

I want to use them on my computer.

Also, to create DVD's to watch, and to give away.

I presume i have to turn them into AVI files, then ???

Not to clever, trying to learn, just want it simple as possible.

If anyone can break down the programs as to which ones to use together, that will be great, and in the order to use.

Like, Mp4CamAVI, FFdshow, AVI to DVD, just taking a guess as to what programs in order to use so that i can produce a DVD for my TV/DVD to play.

I am using Windows XP Sp2. 1GB ram 2 x 400GB hard drives.
Can someone give me full instructions.

Thanks, GEP
gepuk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2007, 8:27 PM   #190

Ray -- Thank you. It was a manual exposure issue. The camera is working great indoors now.

So, afterowning the camera for over 2 weeks now I am thrilled with it. The combination or size, media format (SD) and ease of use have made it a great investment. Are their higher quality cameras? ..sure, but for me it comes down to it, I want a camera that I want to take with me. That makes the HD700 a winner.

Adam
adagoldb is offline   Reply With Quote