Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 20, 2007, 5:52 PM   #211

I went to the Case Logic site and could not find the model that I have (??).

I searched some more on the Net and found this one which looks like it, but it may not be. Careful.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2303...d-case-in.html

Then I found this one, which should be it. The one at the very bottom of the page. Make sure ithas a black front, butcharcoal coloured sides. Smaller at top and wider at thebottom. It has a pocket inside for battery, and inside it a separate elastic pull-out little net for SD cards.

http://www.musicway.com.au/catalogue...&curpage=4

Also from these places:

http://shopper.cnet.com/digital-came...-31469208.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CASELOGIC-Ul.../dp/B00093OLKS

The Case Logic part number should be QPB1, but I am not sure. Check the specs and make sure it is wider at the bottom.

Good luck.

Grandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:33 PM   #212

Hi Grandmelody, thank you for taking the time to look them up. The first link you have to pixmania is a different model to the others - the QBP11 but all others are for the QPB1 case. The one I was looking at when you said make sure it is narrow at top and wider at bottom was QPB3 so I must have been mistaken:

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~CSL-QPB3~dept~camcorders~subdept~CAMCORDACC~brand~case %20logic.htm

This is probably too large although it doesn't give dimensions!
CYMRAES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:06 PM   #213

Cymraes,

There are apparently different models with very similar look and definitely different sizes. It pays to check carefully the sizes and shape. It's best to go to the shop with your camera and try it.

I just found out there is a QBP1 and also a QBP2. I now think QPB2 is the right one. I have thrown away the packing and cannot be sure. The QPB2 is the larger, longer one.
Grandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:48 PM   #214

just wanted to let everyone know that jr.com is selling the silver sanyo xacti hd700 for 536 shipped. Its a really great price from a reputable company, happy holidays!
dasalnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 7:39 AM   #215

Forget that! Amazon is selling the HD700 for $399 shipped, and no tax!! I finally pulled the trigger at that price.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 9:10 AM   #216

dcpmark wrote:
Quote:
Forget that! Amazon is selling the HD700 for $399 shipped, and no tax!! I finally pulled the trigger at that price.
That's amazing, I've been lurking trying to decide on the HD700 vs 1000 and watching the prices come down this week. J&R, B&H and Amazon have all dropped prices on a product that was just released!
3ccdmbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:54 PM   #217

dcpmark wrote:
Quote:
It's a temporary "Black Friday" week promotion. It is not a permanent price change and supplies are very limited at that phenomenal price!

p.s., glad you pulled the trigger and got one. The HD700 and the E1 were my cameras of choice for my recent family trip (and I have access to all of the cameras!!!)
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 1:20 PM   #218

It will replace my beloved C6, the best camcorder I've ever used for capturing fond family memories.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 2:36 PM   #219

I too happened to see the HD700 for $399 today and figured it was a Black Friday promotion. I checked in this forum to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me and ordered a silver one straight away as I didn't want to make the mistake I did with my Sanyo C40 where I saw it go down to $199 temporarily and was too indecisive which meant it went back up to $299 the next day. I decided to wait again and managed to get it for $236 eventually but still not as good as the $199 I could've got it for. Of course in this case, as Sanyo said, it's a one off so I just couldn't afford to be indecisive this time :lol:

I had been oohing and ahhing between getting a CG65 and HD700 as well since the 3 reviews for the HD700 on the amazon.com were not that postive compared to the CG65 but then it was only 3 reviews so this seems par for the course for these types of cameras I noticed. As the Black Friday special put it almost the same price as the CG65 I would be stupid not to take advantage!

Anyway Caelum's samples were what finally convinced me. The CG65 wasn't really a big enough upgrade to drop the best part of $400 on, but the HD700 certainly is. Also the problem with my Sanyo C40 is the recording time is a bit shorter than I'd like whereas the larger size of the HD700 (and hence battery) should help solve that to a reasonable extent.

I can only just play the HD700 files on my laptop but that's something I'll worry about in the future.

Hmm now I need to think about getting my first SDHC card (I have a regular 2GB kingston which will serve to test it for now)
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:43 PM   #220

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Anyway Caelum's samples were what finally convinced me.
Same here! I couldn'tbelieve my eyes when I saw the Amazon Black Friday deal just a few minutes ago (which is supposed to last until Monday or sooner if their supplies run out). I first began researching the HD700 just this past Monday. Last night I even made up my mind to purchase it once the price dropped to $499. Talk about an early Christmas present! Went ahead and got it at Amazon (it was even cheaper than the fraudulent price from 86photovideo.com).

Thanks again to Caelum and the others who posted their samples of the HD700. Their contribution made the difference for me!

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote