Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:08 AM   #221

399? That is a great price, too bad us Canadians can't order electronics from Amazon.com.
Voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:29 PM   #222

Would anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase the HD700 in Norway? The only store I have found so far is Pixmania, but I'd rather have some alternatives to choose from...

Ordering from outside Norway is not an option for me.

Regards,
Evert
evert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:51 AM   #223

evert wrote:
Quote:
Would anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase the HD700 in Norway? [...]
A quick google search came up with Scandinavian Photo, don't know anything about them (I'm not from around there) but it looks like they carry the entire Xacti line including the HD700 and HD1000 (try "Xacti" in their search box). JapanPhoto carries the HD1000, maybe they'll get the HD700 later? There must be others, but if you don't want to deal with a general European e-tailer like Pixmania perhaps you can contact your favorite local dealerto see if they can get it for you.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:00 AM   #224

Looks like Scandinavian Photo is quite a bit cheaper than Pixmania! Thanks! :-)

UPDATE: No wonder I missed them... Even though they've been active in Sweden for many years, their Norwegian branch just opened, on november 13th
Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:12 AM   #225

Hi folks,

Amazon.com beat me up!
I've purchased my HD700 there for $399!

Thank you all for your help!

FZKAP
FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:18 PM   #226

Hello,

this is my first post.

I am from Italy and I am really embarassed dediding if to buy a xacti hd 700 or hd 1000.

I read your very interesting posts and took notes but I am still in trouble.

I want a pocketable camera but in the same time good quality video and still images.

I have already a video camera (JVC Gr DVL 200) bought 8 years ago but it is always in the closer because of the size...

I have also two big doubts:

1) both the hd 700 and hd 1000 will work well on italian Pal system ?

2) I saw this offer on ebay from Hong Kong it looks great:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:IT&ih=009

Do you know if it is safe to buy here ?

Thank you very much,

I look forward to have your advise to buy my camera.

Roberto

muteki65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:16 PM   #227

funtasticguy wrote:
Quote:
I was originally considering Kodak V1235 and Kodak Z1275 but after viewing their sample videos, I wasn't too impressed (especially when the camera was panning).
I, too, looked at the Kodak V1253. Went into a store with a SD card and ran my own tests of still and video modes and checked out on my system. Wasn't bad, a bit over exposed but correctable. At full size the images have that small chip look to them (colors looked like they were painted on with a wide paint brush), the were over-sharpened (fixable), and a bit too much noise reduction (maybe fixable). Video wasn't bad, a few setting tweaks and I could have lived with it though for my purpose -- always having a camera with me in my pocket.

I started looking at the Sanyos (never considered a Sanyo before) and liked what I saw. One guy's video of an HD1000 intro shot with a HD2 looked pretty good (http://techvideoblog.com/ifa/sanyo-hd1000/), then so did the HD1000 with the f1.8 10x lens. I jumped all over the place even thinking that for a bit more than a HD1000 I could get a Canon HV20... Then I remembered my main purpose, pocket camera. Ordered the HD700 last night from Amazon while the sale is still on. Found some aftermarket batteries and charger for it on ebay -- I have good luck with both ebay and aftermarket batteries.

Anyone rig up a wide angle piece for it? Maybe getting a second lens cap and some epoxy or something?

What about the LED lights I saw for the Xaci's, anyone try them? Granted, a LED flashlight might be as good. http://www.camerabright.com/x1-er-plus-Xacti.htm

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:36 PM   #228

Those LEDs look nice! Would they also function as a way to make the HD700 stand on its own?

Old Nov 25, 2007, 4:54 PM   #229

Always about same argument, to decide between hd700 and hd 1000:

I have not a HD television so do you think that to buy a hd 1000 insteda of 700 is too much for my use ?

Thanks,

Roberto
muteki65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 5:13 PM   #230

evert wrote:
Quote:
Those LEDs look nice! Would they also function as a way to make the HD700 stand on its own?
I would think so. Then, since the HD700 has a tripod mount, there's lots of ways to make it stand on it's own. You could take a small piece of wood, metal, plastic or whatever and stick a 1/4 x20 threaded screw in it and make a standable base.

I was just looking at a flexible tabletop style tripod at an office supply (OfficeMax -- just missed a sale on a 4GB SD card there). It's identical to the Joby Gorillapod for about half price ($25) - Case Logic Large Flexible Tripod. The small one ($10) might be all I need for the HD700:

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote