Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:51 PM   #291

Today I got a chance to play with the HD700 (still full auto) in a manufacturing facility. I shot in a variety of light levels and I have to say I'm really liking this thing.

http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007#gallery
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:26 PM   #292

Can the optical zoom on the HD700 be slowed down? When you use the zoom on a C6 it goes very fast while not recording, but when you start to record it goes much slower and much smoother. I can't seem to make my HD700 zoom slower.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:57 PM   #293

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
Today I got a chance to play with the HD700 (still full auto) in a manufacturing facility.[...]
you've made someart there, really like the different angles andlighting.

dcpmark, I could be wrong, butit seems that despite the travel of the zoomslider it's single speed, not variable.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:03 AM   #294

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
Today I got a chance to play with the HD700 (still full auto) in a manufacturing facility. I shot in a variety of light levels and I have to say I'm really liking this thing.

http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007#gallery
great stuff! thanks.
michaeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:04 AM   #295

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
dcpmark, I could be wrong, but*it seems that despite the travel of the zoom*slider it's single speed, not variable.
Am I the only one who thinks it's way too fast to be smooth??
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:22 AM   #296

The zoom seems to be on or off, one speed. I usually zoom to set up the shot and edit it out if I did it while shooting, the stuff I'm posting is pretty much unedited -- I shot too much yesterday not to edit it down, the previous stuff shows the clips from beginning to end. Haven't tried the remote which may offer more options.

Some of the stuff I shot yesterday was in pretty low light to be hand holding a camera but I was pleased with the video and stills, the EXIF shows 1/5th sec. exposure on some stills and they look nice.

The stabilizer actually works well. I used it a few times to test it and was impressed with the improvement. Took a few flash shots and it worked quite well, too. The shortcuts are really nice.

AWB is impressive. I usually prefer to set the white balance myself but since I'm trying to stay in auto mode right now I left it in AWB and have been happy every time. Nice.

The internal mic works well. While I was shooting a guy working and nicely picking up the sounds his air powered sealant gun was making another guy, to my left, decided it was a great time to talk to me and the guy I was shooting; "What is that? Is that a camera? Wow, it's small. Bob, here is really a pro, aren't you Bob? He..." Mic picked him up quite clearly. Then, to make it even nicer, he walked right into the shot and patted the guy on the back. That's how I found out that the clip delete works, try that with tape. :lol:

What can I say, the more I use the HD700 the more things I discover that I like about it. I'm thinking less about a HD2 now, 5x seems to be about enough for my needs and the wide end is pretty decent, too -- especially for 4:3 stills, which surprised me.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:21 PM   #297

New user here. After all the reviews decided to buy the Brown HD700. Today Amazon is offering this for only $299. I don't think for this price you can get a better HD camcorder.

PS. Great site. thanks to all who contribute.
naushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:37 PM   #298

naushik wrote:
Quote:
New user here. After all the reviews decided to buy the Brown HD700. Today Amazon is offering this for only $299. I don't think for this price you can get a better HD camcorder.

wow! they are really wanting to get rid of these.
now i need to figure out how to get re-imbursed $100.
i'll be keeping my hd700 now!
michaeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:07 PM   #299

naushik wrote:
Quote:
[...]Today Amazon is offering this for only $299.[...]
:shock::O...
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:08 PM   #300

michaeleven wrote:
Quote:
naushik wrote:
Quote:

wow! they are really wanting to get rid of these.
now i need to figure out how to get re-imbursed $100.
i'll be keeping my hd700 now!
It turns out that all 3 colors are priced for $299.99. It took me a while to find the link for their"Customer Service" and get my refund. Here's how to do it:

1. On the front page, click on "Visit our Help Department"
2. On the right hand side, you'll see "Contact Us"and click alittle button with the words "Customer Service"
3. Find your order
4. Click on the "Phone" Tab
5. Enter your telephone number
6. Tell them about Amazon's "price guarantee"
7. They'll issue you a refund of $100.03

Thanks to the previous poster who mentioned this "price guarantee"

funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote