Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:09 PM   #301

refund complete.
thanks for the heads up on the price change.
michaeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:12 PM   #302

Just looked on uk amazon website and they are selling for £319.98 (uk sterling) I bought mine from qvc (uk) for £320.76. I know it may be more expensive over here but with qvc, included was HDMI lead and 2GB SD card with all other leads - are these included with amazon?
CYMRAES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:20 PM   #303

funtasticguy wrote:
Quote:
michaeleven wrote:
Quote:
naushik wrote:
Quote:
New user here. After all the reviews decided to buy the Brown HD700. Today Amazon is offering this for only $299. I don't think for this price you can get a better HD camcorder.

PS. Great site. thanks to all who contribute.
wow! they are really wanting to get rid of these.
now i need to figure out how to get re-imbursed $100.
i'll be keeping my hd700 now!
It turns out that all 3 colors are priced for $299.99. It took me a while to find the link for their"Customer Service" and get my refund. Here's how to do it:

1. On the front page, click on "Visit our Help Department"
2. On the right hand side, you'll see "Contact Us"and click alittle button with the words "Customer Service"
3. Find your order
4. Click on the "Phone" Tab
5. Enter your telephone number
6. Tell them about Amazon's "price guarantee"
7. They'll issue you a refund of $100.03

Thanks to the previous poster who mentioned this "price guarantee"

This is concerning as to WHY are they dropping the price on these so soon even if for only a short period.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:27 PM   #304

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:

This is concerning as to WHY are they dropping the price on these so soon even if for only a short period.
I was thinking theEXACT same thing. Mine's going back, regardless of the fantastic price. I prefer my C6, and in my humble opinionthe HD700 isnot ready for prime time. I will wait for a couple more generations before moving up to HD.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:37 PM   #305

Well I called and got the $100 refund just in case I do decide to keep it and they change the price back upwards.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:16 PM   #306

michaeleven wrote:
Quote:
naushik wrote:
Quote:
New user here. After all the reviews decided to buy the Brown HD700. Today Amazon is offering this for only $299. I don't think for this price you can get a better HD camcorder.

PS. Great site. thanks to all who contribute.
wow! they are really wanting to get rid of these.
now i need to figure out how to get re-imbursed $100.
i'll be keeping my hd700 now!
I don't know about getting rid of them. Amazon can be weird and have other motives. For instance, they could be trying to drastically increase the sales volume of Sanyo products for some special favors from Sanyo. Who knows? ONLY Amazon is doing this. Everyone else is selling them for $550-599. The sky is not falling. :lol:

I called Amazon and they're crediting me the $100. And, like you, this price removes any doubts whether the camera is staying.

Used it again this morning, mostly for stills. Excellent results, I realy like it! Hmm. I could buy a second... :G
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:28 PM   #307

member fishy Here? WOW, The 700 went as low as 399.99 around Black friday, now at a all time low of 299.99, Do we know for how long the price is good for?

Will it be to late for me to read Cal's whole thread from beginning to end?:G

Cal, Luv'd the Vid clip, and the member who collected them .

again thank you for the Link, hope those who are serious, not pass a good deal bye.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:40 PM   #308

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
member fishy Here? WOW, The 700 went as low as 399.99 around Black friday, now at a all time low of 299.99, Do we know for how long the price is good for?

Will it be to late for me to read Cal's whole thread from beginning to end?:G

Cal, Luv'd the Vid clip, and the member who collected them .

again thank you for the Link, hope those who are serious, not pass a good deal bye.
Well I have to admit that despite its shortcomings, it does have these specs over the GO-HD for just $100 more at the $299 price. 5x Optical zoom as against the Go-HD's 3x, Good Stereo Sound, and the bitrate is TWICE that of the GO-HD video! Both use h264 so a good valid comparison in this case. Only problem is the bad barrel distortion in still photos and narrow field of view. The low light isn't great but it's still usable at least. If only they had kept the lens of the CG6/CG65.

Also it has a wealth of controls that are lacking on the Aiptek and you can go full auto or manual.

Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:19 PM   #309

I have to say the situation of the HD700 and HD1000 is by far the strangest I have ever seen in buying an electronic "gadget"!! The ever moving price tag of the two models and especially the HD700 is driving me crazy.

The difference between the two is so far apart that they are in a completely different classes now. The "aiptek" class of virtual impulse buy, and the full blown "Sony/Panasonic/ACHDV". And I think this is the consumer market voting with what I have to assume is an overwhelming number of returns of HD700s. Contrast that with the overwhelming positive reviews of the HD1000, which is ranked #8 on Amazon HD camcorder sales. The price of the HD1000 has actually been going up if any of you guys have been watching.

Like many, I decided to order the HD1000 for comparison and will try to see if the difference between the models is great enough to warrant the *** $400+ *** difference....WOW!!! Just yesterday I was willing to pay a $200-250 premium for the HD1000, now I am pretty sure that it can't be THAT MUCH better.... but I'll have to play with them more.

A few thoughts:
- You have to wonder how much this will cannibalize the HD1000 sales?
- Will Sanyo introduce a mid-range model or could the HD700 already be on its way out?
- How much do both these things actually costs to be able to keep chopping price tags like this? I agree with an earlier post that Sanyo must have misread the market and was trying get as much profit margin as possible.
- I noticed that Samsclub and Buy.com started offering the HD700 this week at the $500ish price tag. Will they be dropping prices too?

Decisions.. decisions!!! There was a user named SANYO on these boards around Thanksgiving and he/she seemed to be from the company. I'd love to hear some thoughts from that person and you all. This board is great with lots of informative posts!!!!
bobbyvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 8:52 PM   #310
FLG

$ 100 refund complete.
Thanks for the heads up on the price change.
Cheaper than Xacti VPC-CG6 at Walmart which is $323 with sales tax.
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote