Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 11, 2007, 3:51 PM   #371

All three colors after the am hour is down to 299.99 again click me

I would not worry bout Amazon or the return of sales, I would bevery happy with value....

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 3:57 PM   #372

Does anyone else hear a creaking sound in their HD700 videos? I thought maybe that it was the microphone picking up my hand rubbing against the plastic, but then I hear it when I am perfectly still (albeit less so). It is not zoom motor sound as I am not using it. The rustling sounds can be heard even more clearly with headphones on, but it still is pretty evident on the computer. Do I have a bad unit or is there some setting that I missing (I have Wind Noise Reduction as off since I am testing indoors)??? Thanks!
bobbyvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 4:12 PM   #373

bobbyvee wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone else hear a creaking sound in their HD700 videos? I thought maybe that it was the microphone picking up my hand rubbing against the plastic, but then I hear it when I am perfectly still (albeit less so). It is not zoom motor sound as I am not using it. The rustling sounds can be heard even more clearly with headphones on, but it still is pretty evident on the computer. Do I have a bad unit or is there some setting that I missing (I have Wind Noise Reduction as off since I am testing indoors)??? Thanks!
Not as far as I'm aware. In fact the zoom is fairly quiet on mine as well. Maybe post a video sample online so we can hear it?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 4:13 PM   #374

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

I would not worry bout Amazon or the return of sales, I would bevery happy with value....

If you bought one of these within the last 30 days and paid more than$299 contact Amazon now and get the adjustment. Took me two times with customer service but finally they caved in. Plus I'm gettinga $15 coupon on my next purchase for the hassle factor. I complain well.

b

blegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 4:14 PM   #375

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Although unlikely, if they drop lower than $299, I wonder if amazon.com will give me a second refund under their price guarantee? :G
Old Dec 11, 2007, 4:16 PM   #376

blegate wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

If you bought one of these within the last 30 days and paid more than$299 contact Amazon now and get the adjustment. Took me two times with customer service but finally they caved in. Plus I'm gettinga $15 coupon on my next purchase for the hassle factor. I complain well.

b
I wonder why they gave you hassle? When I called in and asked for it, they gave it with no questions asked. After all they risk you sending it back...
Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:52 PM   #377

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
blegate wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

b
I wonder why they gave you hassle? When I called in and asked for it, they gave it with no questions asked. After all they risk you sending it back...
I'm not sure. This was all done through email and essentially they told me no adjustments on items already shipped. I responded and recommended they read their own pricing guarantee policy.They responded again but this time much nicer letting me know they made a mistake. I suppose that's why I got the $15 coupon???? What's sucks is that I may end up returning this camera if it doesn't pass my tests. At least I'll have a $15 coupon to use I suppose. I shouldn't complain.

The brown camera shows up tomorrow.

brian

blegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:27 AM   #378

Ugh, my C6 is starting to give me some grief with the "little floaties", some dead pixels that have developed lately in the CCD. :?
Actually they are really interesting to watch, because they show how the digital image stabilization algorithm works.

Anyway, I finally looked into the whole digicam issue once more and I have to think, man that Xacti line is a really good line. I was originally interested in the Sony M1 except for the high price and poor low light image quality, and same with the M2 (and the M3 for that matter since it does not even exist yet!).

But now there is a plethora of options from Sanyo: CG6, CA65, CG65, HD1/a, HD700, HD1000, HD2. I think that's it?

$299 is a wicked deal for the HD700 and I wonder what is driving that, I suspect it is an insurmountable manufacturing problem with zoom noise, and perhaps a complaint about narrow view angle in 16:9 (I read in one Amazon review, not more than 25 degrees horizontal and about 48 degrees vertical). Woof, that's tight for supposed wide angle.

Are there any other complaints? My C6 is slowly dying and I need an alternative, I can't bear to go to the extreme low end and I can't bear to pay for the extreme high end. The HD700 seems like a real bargain, it being even cheaper than the CG65!

I don't care about the lens cap or the charger dock or lack of lens connection capability, I already deal with those limitations on the C6. The flimsy doors and wiggly screen when closed are somewhat troublesome, my C6 suffers from no such problem.

Thanks much.. :|
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:58 AM   #379

Hi, finally I got my HD700 after 2 days forum reading!!

I choose this because of the size and price. UnfortunatelyI paid£300 on Ebay but think it worth it.:-)

Here's movie a sample I hope could contribute to take decisions.:idea:

http://www.vimeo.com/429082

PD: I see some pixelation after uploading process on vimeo, but the original file is almost perfect.

Sorry for the hand shaking, this is my first video camera and my first "professional video" (not for me, just because looks professional thanks to HD)
fexnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:04 AM   #380

fexnok wrote:
Quote:
Here's movie a sample I hope could contribute to take decisions.:idea:

http://www.vimeo.com/429082

PD: I see some pixelation after uploading process on vimeo, but the original file is almost perfect.
Congrats! Looks good.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote