Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:11 PM   #381
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

fexnok wrote:
Quote:
Hi, finally I got my HD700 after 2 days forum reading!!

I choose this because of the size and price. UnfortunatelyI paid£300 on Ebay but think it worth it.:-)



Here's movie a sample I hope could contribute to take decisions.:idea:

http://www.vimeo.com/429082

PD: I see some pixelation after uploading process on vimeo, but the original file is almost perfect.

Sorry for the hand shaking, this is my first video camera and my first "professional video" (not for me, just because looks professional thanks to HD)
That is some fat squerril. Excellent view thi sshows a smear of placing towards the sun, very crips, and vivid if you ask me?



The Cam is back to the 500-579 level? great job again
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:39 PM   #382
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

fexnok wrote:
Quote:
Hi, finally I got my HD700 after 2 days forum reading!!

I choose this because of the size and price. UnfortunatelyI paid£300 on Ebay but think it worth it.:-)



Here's movie a sample I hope could contribute to take decisions.:idea:

http://www.vimeo.com/429082

PD: I see some pixelation after uploading process on vimeo, but the original file is almost perfect.

Sorry for the hand shaking, this is my first video camera and my first "professional video" (not for me, just because looks professional thanks to HD)
I downloaded your original file (all 114MB of it but worth it!) to view and I guess it makes you realise that this camera isn't so terrible really when all said and done!

The great thing about a HD camera like this, is that the video has just enough resolution to make a good 6x4 print! So if you didn't make use of the ability to capture stills while videoing (or just plain don't like causing too many pauses in a video shoot) then at least you now have a second option.

For example, the part where you zoom in on the Squirrel's face would make a great print! The resolution and image quality is not too far off my old Olympus D340R which wasn't considered a bad camera in it's day either. I used to get great prints of that camera despite only being 1280x960.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:04 PM   #383
Senior Member
 
visorblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 243
Default

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
The great thing about a HD camera like this, is that the video has just enough resolution to make a good 6x4 print! So if you didn't make use of the ability to capture stills while videoing (or just plain don't like causing too many pauses in a video shoot) then at least you now have a second option.
This is becoming a new trend in press photography, shoot HD video and grab the frames -- no more missed expressions, etc. Read an article on it not look ago and some cool way of up-rez'ing the 2mp captures to 16mp. I've take a 2mp image off an old Olympus 2000 I had and up-rez'd it to a very printable 16x20-inch size. Here's the article:

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue07...otography.html

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:51 PM   #384
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
The great thing about a HD camera like this, is that the video has just enough resolution to make a good 6x4 print! So if you didn't make use of the ability to capture stills while videoing (or just plain don't like causing too many pauses in a video shoot) then at least you now have a second option.
This is becoming a new trend in press photography, shoot HD video and grab the frames -- no more missed expressions, etc. Read an article on it not look ago and some cool way of up-rez'ing the 2mp captures to 16mp. I've take a 2mp image off an old Olympus 2000 I had and up-rez'd it to a very printable 16x20-inch size. Here's the article:

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue07...otography.html
Yes it makes sense to use video now rather than still images once you are are using full HD. A 2mp image is enough for mosts purposes especially for news. After all we were used to newspapers for years with much poorer resolution than even a very basic digital camera. With video you don't have to worry about snapping the shutter at the right moment.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:52 PM   #385
Senior Member
 
visorblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 243
Default

How to get smooth steady shots with your Xacti HD700:

1. XactiRig:



2. XactiShoulder:



3. XactiMount:



:lol:
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:30 AM   #386
Senior Member
 
Grunchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 153
Default

Hmmmm looks like amazon's amazin' price has ended, list is back up to $540!
:blah:
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:46 AM   #387
Senior Member
 
TheTurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 259
Default

Can anybody comment on how the HD700 compares to the CG65 in low light? better, same , worse????
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:41 AM   #388
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Default

As you see, the original file looks much better than the uploaded. Is there any way to get the same quality in vimeo's site? Should I have to deinterlace? The uploaded sound sounds like 96Khz MP3 and that's not the real sound like

I tried the suggested steps here

http://www.vimeo.com/help/imovie

but in Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 bundled with the cam, and the file was bigger than 500MB is that correct?


Thanks


fexnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:42 AM   #389
Senior Member
 
visorblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 243
Default

Grunchy wrote:
Quote:
Hmmmm looks like amazon's amazin' price has ended, list is back up to $540!
:blah:
I kept telling a friend to check it out but he wasn't interested when it was $299. He finally looked at my HD700 gallery and suddenly he wants one and is very bummed with the new price.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:16 AM   #390
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 145
Default

fexnok wrote:
Quote:
As you see, the original file looks much better than the uploaded. Is there any way to get the same quality in vimeo's site? Should I have to deinterlace? The uploaded sound sounds like 96Khz MP3 and that's not the real sound like

I tried the suggested steps here

http://www.vimeo.com/help/imovie

but in Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 bundled with the cam, and the file was bigger than 500MB is that correct?


Thanks

That's what I was complaining about before when people said the audio bit rate was plenty good. Hell no it isn't, not when you're going to have to recompress it twice more if you want to edit and upload to the web. Xacti records to 128kbs, then you edit and render out a source (one new transcode to audio), and then you upload to vimeo or wherever and you get another transcode. Audio just isn't going to hold up under those conditions in my opinion, which is why I was saying I'd trade some video bit rate for some more audio bit rate any day.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:39 AM.