Phoenix M-Power 0.45x magnetic mount wide angle converter
YOu can find it ~$30 on Amazon or eBay.

See the setup and the result here--
http://www.vimeo.com/430946
http://www.vimeo.com/429245
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2SAR2U...cm_cr_rdp_perm
Hi Joz,

Welcome aboard!

At first I thought you had a heck of a nice view to test the lens until you put it on and I saw what you were aiming at.:lol: Oh, that is a nice looking add-on, nice find! Can you zoom with it on?

Perfect size, too, stick it in a pocket and not notice it's there. I was thinking of buying a 0.45x and 2.0x Merkury combo I saw on ebay ($30 delivered) but I like your find better. Did you use the rings that come with it?

Just found a new one on Amazon for $20 delivered so I ordered it. Thanks for posting this.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:58 PM   #402

HD700 wrote:
Quote:
Just got the HD700. Here is a super-close-up shot and a park/bird shot.

http://www.vimeo.com/432007 Super-Close-Up

http://www.vimeo.com/432185 Birds

Very satisfied so far in good lighting conditions. Focus seems to be a little slow. Not so good in bad lighting conditions with lots of action (kids).
Welcome to the club. :-) I like the close up of the friut.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:34 PM   #403

HD700 wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics, what are your settings for the camera in a low light condition?I was not able to record any video that good in such lighting conditions.
So used to the hybrid scetion seeing quotes edt repy delete LOL

Hd700'

Not touching anything at all , right out of the box for the hd700.

for the A-Hd , the same no touching anything. Just glancing in here members want comparison.

the two vids would sell me.

no editing, problem when shown the sanny I had to render with sony vegas.

and created 66 meg to 2 gig plus lol

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:39 PM   #404

"it's now the cheapest Stereo HD camera on the market with twice the bitrate of the Aiptek A-HD/GO-HD"

Could someone explain ineasy to understand terms the significance of bitrate? :?

Thanks!

willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:00 PM   #405

my review video enjoyclick me

this is my vid review, it is all fun just enjoy and have fun
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:14 PM   #406

Very disappointed so far in the HD700!!! I purchased this camera last week at Amazon when it was $299 and was very excited to get it. I recently had purchased the waterproof Sanyo VPC-E1 and have been using that camera the last two weeks. My thoughts so far-- I am still trying to see the "high-def" in the HD700!!! I was looking for a portable camcorder to shoot videos "on the fly" of my 3 year old daughter indoors ( usually in the family room/kitchen area under about 12 can-lights in the ceiling) and figured the Xacti camcorders would do the trick. I like the video quality of the VPC-E1 so far and was really hoping to see an even greater difference with the HD700. Unfortunately the HD700 doesn't shoot a better quality video than the VPC-E1. The HD700 shoots avery grainy, jittery, color-washed out picture with the focus not always on target. Sure, I am shooting indoors and not outdoors. I am sure that natural lighting would make all the difference in video quality for the HD700. I have played around with some of the settings after reading through the manual and reading through this forum. I know others have complained about indoor shooting with the HD700. I am really reluctlant to send this camera back since I love the style, size, features, sd card, etc, but I can't even justify spending $300 for something that really falls short of expectations. Maybe I have a defective camera??? Any thoughtsor suggestions???
tampagolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:19 PM   #407

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics,

I like the comparison videos.

So if I am correct then, the HD700 seems to have better low light ability than the A-HD assuming lighting was identical and nothing got changed in conversion to wmv?

You can also see that the HD700 has superior sound.

I am surprised you were unable to upload the mp4 file? I had no such trouble. Perhaps they have a glitch at the moment in their HD upload. Have you tried shooting a standard defintion video and uploading it?

Hd700 shows brighter on the screen in person looking through, hands down it wins.

the Sound is like a night and day WOW. I am having loads of challenges right now lol

Did you recieve a mic cable with your unit?
No mic cable. It's a mistake in the manual unfortunately.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:24 PM   #408

tampagolf wrote:
Quote:
Very disappointed so far in the HD700!!! I purchased this camera last week at Amazon when it was $299 and was very excited to get it. I recently had purchased the waterproof Sanyo VPC-E1 and have been using that camera the last two weeks. My thoughts so far-- I am still trying to see the "high-def" in the HD700!!! I was looking for a portable camcorder to shoot videos "on the fly" of my 3 year old daughter indoors ( usually in the family room/kitchen area under about 12 can-lights in the ceiling) and figured the Xacti camcorders would do the trick. I like the video quality of the VPC-E1 so far and was really hoping to see an even greater difference with the HD700. Unfortunately the HD700 doesn't shoot a better quality video than the VPC-E1. The HD700 shoots avery grainy, jittery, color-washed out picture with the focus not always on target. Sure, I am shooting indoors and not outdoors. I am sure that natural lighting would make all the difference in video quality for the HD700. I have played around with some of the settings after reading through the manual and reading through this forum. I know others have complained about indoor shooting with the HD700. I am really reluctlant to send this camera back since I love the style, size, features, sd card, etc, but I can't even justify spending $300 for something that really falls short of expectations. Maybe I have a defective camera??? Any thoughtsor suggestions???
To be honest if you already have one of the standard definition h264 codec cameras, then the HD700 probably doesn't add a lot of value. Compared to my C40, the video is definitely better but then the C40 uses regular MPEG4.

I myself was looking originally to upgrade to the CG65 because the h264 does seem to produce smoother nicer video than the regular mpeg4 in my C40 but couldn't justify the $400 price for what to me seemed a minimal upgrade.

Initially I tried the HD700 because of the price, and since I don't have a CG65 or E1, I am reluctant to return it for one of those models being that to me, it does produce better video than the C40 and widescreen too.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:39 PM   #409

Thanks for the reply... I actually am still in the testing mode with both of these cameras. I actually purchsed the VPC-E1 from Apple.com the day after Thanksgiving and have until early January to return (same with the HD700 from Amazon) and was really hoping that one of these two cameras would really stand out. I wanted something that was portable and recorded onto the SD card for convenience. Again, I was really impressed with the fact that the HD700 is one of the newest portable hybrid high-def cameras, but have yet to see the "high-def" quality. I guess the high-def is meant only for out-door shooting with the HD700.
tampagolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 1:10 AM   #410
joz

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
joz wrote:
Quote:
Got a working solution for HD700's narrow view problem, not pricy either--
Phoenix M-Power 0.45x magnetic mount wide angle converter
YOu can find it ~$30 on Amazon or eBay.

See the setup and the result here--
http://www.vimeo.com/430946
http://www.vimeo.com/429245
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2SAR2U...cm_cr_rdp_perm
Hi Joz,

Welcome aboard!

At first I thought you had a heck of a nice view to test the lens until you put it on and I saw what you were aiming at.:lol: Oh, that is a nice looking add-on, nice find! Can you zoom with it on?

Perfect size, too, stick it in a pocket and not notice it's there. I was thinking of buying a 0.45x and 2.0x Merkury combo I saw on ebay ($30 delivered) but I like your find better. Did you use the rings that come with it?

Just found a new one on Amazon for $20 delivered so I ordered it. Thanks for posting this.

I changed the thumbnail view to give it a little suspense
Yes, you can zoom with it, and the autofocus is as responsive (or unresponsive )
Haven't put on the ring yet. Need some planning to cut the pieces right and place them well.
Good job on your gallery. I quoted you on Amazon.
joz is offline   Reply With Quote