Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 14, 2007, 2:37 PM   #431

joz wrote:
Quote:
Check out this one--
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8834

Under $10, no tax, no shipping. That site has a variety of LEDs with good reviews.
Hey, thanks Joz. Sixty-seven LEDs? Wow! Will have to check those out. Looks pretty good in the video.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:08 PM   #432

These LED flashlights and devices are taking off in leaps and bounds now. Won't be long before you won't be able to buy a regular bulb flashlight! I already converted an old maglite to LED and the new one I bought was already an LED one.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:19 PM   #433

joz wrote:
Quote:
Got a working solution for HD700's narrow view problem, not pricy either--
Phoenix M-Power 0.45x magnetic mount wide angle converter
YOu can find it ~$30 on Amazon or eBay.

See the setup and the result here--
http://www.vimeo.com/430946
http://www.vimeo.com/429245

There's no modification at all but it's not super stable. I'm thinking about cutting the mount ring into pieces and paste two on the lens housing, up and down, to stabilize the converter. Hopefully it wouldn't affect the lens cap fit. If you don't expect to use wide angle often, direct hookup is probably good enough.

Also have a review on Amazon that may be helpful--
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2SAR2U...cm_cr_rdp_perm
Which one the M-Power large or the M-Power small ?

Thank you,

Roberto
muteki65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:29 PM   #434

muteki65 wrote:
Quote:
joz wrote:
Quote:
Got a working solution for HD700's narrow view problem, not pricy either--
Phoenix M-Power 0.45x magnetic mount wide angle converter
YOu can find it ~$30 on Amazon or eBay.

See the setup and the result here--
http://www.vimeo.com/430946
http://www.vimeo.com/429245

There's no modification at all but it's not super stable. I'm thinking about cutting the mount ring into pieces and paste two on the lens housing, up and down, to stabilize the converter. Hopefully it wouldn't affect the lens cap fit. If you don't expect to use wide angle often, direct hookup is probably good enough.

Also have a review on Amazon that may be helpful--
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2SAR2U...cm_cr_rdp_perm
Which one the M-Power large or the M-Power small ?

Thank you,

Roberto
what is the englis measurements for that wide angle Joz. it sure looks like it is part of the camcorder, I found one but not sure earlier. for m puposes I may need a snap on. and i am very happy.

now ifyou did not add the wide iwas stunned till that was a picture lol great job:|
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:58 PM   #435

I contacted M$ and they told me I had to contact the PC manufacture (HP) so I did and they turned around and said I have to contact Sanyo so I did and Sanyo just flat out said there is no patch. The tech -support there said if your system does not support SDHC than you are out of luck.

For God's sake, everyone here has Vista and that is why it is not an issue?

Anyone have XP and know of a patch?
Prince Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:11 PM   #436

SDHC is a usb2.0 when you purchase a sd card you should have recieved a usb 2.0 adapter that will allow you to load itto thepc no headaches

they are free when you p[urchase the sd card

I also have usb 1.0 I cannot loadusb 2.0 hope that helps
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:23 PM   #437

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
SDHC is a usb2.0 when you purchase a sd card you should have recieved a usb 2.0 adapter that will allow you to load itto thepc no headaches

they are free when you p[urchase the sd card

I also have usb 1.0 I cannot loadusb 2.0 hope that helps
Thank you. I did buy the card with the reader and that has failed as well. I even did a reimage on the desktop just in case and nada zippo nothing. What I have is the Media Edition XP SP2. Tried the built in SD card reader, tried the USB reader that came the card and tried with the Sanyo HD700 Docking Station.

With the docking station it goes as far as geting photos menue but that it just nevercompletes the transfer.

I borrowed my brothers 256k SD card and no problem, but when it comes to the SDHC forget about it. At least I know it's not the system that is damaged or anything.

I read on here that there is a patch for such a thing but can not find it.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:25 PM   #438

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
These LED flashlights and devices are taking off in leaps and bounds now. Won't be long before you won't be able to buy a regular bulb flashlight! I already converted an old maglite to LED and the new one I bought was already an LED one.
They're bright and cheap, too. Some of the pro video LEDs are a bit pricey still so rigging something up with something like these seems like a good cheap alternative.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:28 PM   #439

Prince Lynx wrote:
Quote:
I contacted M$ and they told me I had to contact the PC manufacture (HP) so I did and they turned around and said I have to contact Sanyo so I did and Sanyo just flat out said there is no patch. The tech -support there said if your system does not support SDHC than you are out of luck.

For God's sake, everyone here has Vista and that is why it is not an issue?

Anyone have XP and know of a patch?
When I bought a microSD card it came with a SDHC compatable reader. Maybe you just need a new card reader? I use my camera in the dock and haven't had a problem.

Just for you, I took a few snaps and recorded a minute or so of video. Then, for the first time, opened the new card reader and the stuck it into the USB port on my notebook (Windows Media Center). It mounted and I was able to see the stills and video just fine. Then I went over to my old desktop (Windows XP) and did the same. Worked there, too, no problem.

Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:31 PM   #440

You can now buy very powerfull LED flashlights from the likes of REI.com for $20 and I'm sure cheaper at other places.