Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:38 PM   #441
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15
Default

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
Prince Lynx wrote:
Quote:
I contacted M$ and they told me I had to contact the PC manufacture (HP) so I did and they turned around and said I have to contact Sanyo so I did and Sanyo just flat out said there is no patch. The tech -support there said if your system does not support SDHC than you are out of luck.

For God's sake, everyone here has Vista and that is why it is not an issue?

Anyone have XP and know of a patch?
When I bought a microSD card it came with a SDHC compatable reader. Maybe you just need a new card reader? I use my camera in the dock and haven't had a problem.
Good idea, I just tried it with a new reader and card being that I bought 2 of them. Same exact result. I'm using the SanDisk Ultra II 4.0GB SDHC with their MicroMate USB reader.
Prince Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:41 PM   #442
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Prince Lynx wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you. I did buy the card with the reader and that has failed as well. I even did a reimage on the desktop just in case and nada zippo nothing. What I have is the Media Edition XP SP2. Tried the built in SD card reader, tried the USB reader that came the card and tried with the Sanyo HD700 Docking Station.

With the docking station it goes as far as geting photos menue but that it just nevercompletes the transfer.

I borrowed my brothers 256k SD card and no problem, but when it comes to the SDHC forget about it. At least I know it's not the system that is damaged or anything.

I read on here that there is a patch for such a thing but can not find it.

Have you tried a usb port, with the sdhc card reader, I also have a hp 1070 home edition mulimedia system. no headaches

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:45 PM   #443
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15
Default

Yup just did multiple times with 2 readers and 2 cards just in case one was damaged. The transfer just never completes. Think what I'll do is un-install all the softwares quicktime, adobe and reinstall again from scratch.
Prince Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:48 PM   #444
Senior Member
 
visorblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 243
Default

Prince Lynx wrote:
Quote:
Good idea, I just tried it with a new reader and card being that I bought 2 of them. Same exact result. I'm using the SanDisk Ultra II 4.0GB SDHC with their MicroMate USB reader.
I was editing my original reply while you were typing this, so in case you don't go back, this is what I said:

Just for you, I took a few snaps and recorded a minute or so of video. Then, for the first time, opened the new card reader and the stuck it into the USB port on my notebook (Windows Media Center). It mounted and I was able to see the stills and video just fine. Then I went over to my old desktop (Windows XP) and did the same. Worked there, too, no problem.

Could be a Vista thing but I don't know. Before I put myself through a lot of halles with installations I'd take the reader and a card to a store with Vista machines and try it in their system and see if it works there.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:23 PM   #445
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default



oftopic

I am plugged into one of the usb ports, the I am into thisdecide andsdhc reader is there i understand we know what they are.

agreed with Vb...


fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:37 PM   #446
Senior Member
 
visorblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 243
Default

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
oftopic

I am plugged into one of the usb ports, the I am into thisdecide andsdhc reader is there i understand we know what they are.

agreed with Vb...
Yep, I have the same one. Mine says SanDisk MicroMate.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:23 PM   #447
joz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8
Default

muteki65 wrote:
Quote:
joz wrote:
Quote:
Got a working solution for HD700's narrow view problem, not pricy either--
Phoenix M-Power 0.45x magnetic mount wide angle converter
YOu can find it ~$30 on Amazon or eBay.

See the setup and the result here--
http://www.vimeo.com/430946
http://www.vimeo.com/429245

There's no modification at all but it's not super stable. I'm thinking about cutting the mount ring into pieces and paste two on the lens housing, up and down, to stabilize the converter. Hopefully it wouldn't affect the lens cap fit. If you don't expect to use wide angle often, direct hookup is probably good enough.

Also have a review on Amazon that may be helpful--
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2SAR2U...cm_cr_rdp_perm
Which one the M-Power large or the M-Power small ?

Thank you,

Roberto
Small. If it were smaller, it might've worked even better.

Have fun!
joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:32 PM   #448
joz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8
Default

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
muteki65 wrote:
Quote:
joz wrote:
Quote:
Got a working solution for HD700's narrow view problem, not pricy either--
Phoenix M-Power 0.45x magnetic mount wide angle converter
YOu can find it ~$30 on Amazon or eBay.

See the setup and the result here--
http://www.vimeo.com/430946
http://www.vimeo.com/429245

There's no modification at all but it's not super stable. I'm thinking about cutting the mount ring into pieces and paste two on the lens housing, up and down, to stabilize the converter. Hopefully it wouldn't affect the lens cap fit. If you don't expect to use wide angle often, direct hookup is probably good enough.
what is the englis measurements for that wide angle Joz. it sure looks like it is part of the camcorder, I found one but not sure earlier. for m puposes I may need a snap on. and i am very happy.

now ifyou did not add the wide iwas stunned till that was a picture lol great job:|
Here's the tech spec on Amazon:


Product Features
  • Wide angle 0.45x magnetic multicoated conversion all glass optics lens with front and rear caps[/*]
  • Size small. Fits cameras with 10-16mm (3/8" - 10/16") diameter of the front lens[/*]
  • Perfect accessories for compact digital cameras, mobile phones, smart phones and PDA'a with built-i[/*]
  • Two mounting rings to share lens between cameras. Comes with lens pouch.[/*]
  • Made in Japan
[/*]


Technical Details
  • all-glass-optical[/*]
joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:34 PM   #449
joz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8
Default

Prince Lynx wrote:
Quote:
I contacted M$ and they told me I had to contact the PC manufacture (HP) so I did and they turned around and said I have to contact Sanyo so I did and Sanyo just flat out said there is no patch. The tech -support there said if your system does not support SDHC than you are out of luck.

For God's sake, everyone here has Vista and that is why it is not an issue?

Anyone have XP and know of a patch?
I'm using the adaptor coming with the SDHC card from Sandisk, and a freebie SD to USB adaptor marked HP, which I got from a conference exhibit, so I doubt it's really made by HP. XP SP2, no problem.
joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:14 AM   #450
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Today I had a couple of times where the autofocus didn't work and I just got a blurry image. Each time I turned it off and it seemed to work but while it wasn't working, it didn't even work in manual focus. This has got me concerned. If it does it again it'll have to go back as I can't see it being a software glitch. Has this happened to anyone else?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:37 AM.