Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:13 AM   #451

Hello,
I noticed that there is on the top of the video a kind of 'disturb' 'noise' (I don't know the technical name for it, may be it is the barrel distotion you spoke about ?). Like 'waves', when I move the camera to play a scene.
Is it normal ?
How can I solve the problem ?
Roberto

muteki65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:43 AM   #452

muteki65 wrote:
Quote:
Hello,
I noticed that there is on the top of the video a kind of 'disturb' 'noise' (I don't know the technical name for it, may be it is the barrel distotion you spoke about ?). Like 'waves', when I move the camera to play a scene.
Is it normal ?
Roberto
I just made a test and noticed that this distortion doesn't appear on television but just on the pc screen...
Roberto
muteki65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 6:07 AM   #453

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Today I had a couple of times where the autofocus didn't work and I just got a blurry image. Each time I turned it off and it seemed to work but while it wasn't working, it didn't even work in manual focus. This has got me concerned. If it does it again it'll have to go back as I can't see it being a software glitch. Has this happened to anyone else?
were you on zoom? or partial zoom ?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:38 AM   #454

muteki65 wrote:
Quote:
muteki65 wrote:
Quote:
Hello,
Is it normal ?
Roberto
I just made a test and noticed that this distortion doesn't appear on television but just on the pc screen...
Roberto
I'm no expert but it sounds like something is interfering with your PC's display. Sometimes flourescent lights can do this or something else on the same circuit (hair dryers, mixers, etc.), could even be the power supply in the PC.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:42 AM   #455

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Today I had a couple of times where the autofocus didn't work and I just got a blurry image. Each time I turned it off and it seemed to work but while it wasn't working, it didn't even work in manual focus. This has got me concerned. If it does it again it'll have to go back as I can't see it being a software glitch. Has this happened to anyone else?
Haven't seen that myself. Was it under low light or was the subject something that's difficult for the camera to focus on? See page 69-70 of the manual to be sure this wasn't the cause.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:49 AM   #456

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Haven't seen that myself. Was it under low light or was the subject something that's difficult for the camera to focus on? See page 69-70 of the manual to be sure this wasn't the cause.
I was thinking it was that at first, but it was on subjects I could focus on before and should've been able to no problem. Also like I said, it seemed to have problems in Manual Focus. It would work part of the way except towards where it should be focused like it was getting stuck yet the zoom worked fine. In autofocus mode, you could see the autofocus work back and forth as usual, just it would set down on an unfocused image which did make me think it was a problem with contrast at first. NOt sure what to make of this. Well I will be taking it out again today. If it does it again, then it's definitely going back.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:58 AM   #457

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
were you on zoom? or partial zoom ?
It may have started on a zoom as I have one video where a house on a farm is out of focus, but I thought that may have been the lighting. But once it got like that it was out of focus whatever the zoom. It seems to be ok now, but like I say, I will be using it again today so will see what happens.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:13 AM   #458

This performance video Kuro Naga posted on Vimeo looks pretty good: http://vimeo.com/424556
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:17 AM   #459

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
was thinking it was that at first, but it was on subjects I could focus on before and should've been able to no problem. Also like I said, it seemed to have problems in Manual Focus. It would work part of the way except towards where it should be focused like it was getting stuck yet the zoom worked fine. In autofocus mode, you could see the autofocus work back and forth as usual, just it would set down on an unfocused image which did make me think it was a problem with contrast at first. NOt sure what to make of this. Well I will be taking it out again today. If it does it again, then it's definitely going back.
Shot in the dark, how's your shortcuts set? I wasn't paying attention and kicked mine into AF Lock by hitting the joystick by accident.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:26 AM   #460

Hi guys

Ok, so following reading the site for a few weeks I got my HD700 yesterday, and overall am very pleased with it! I've upgraded from a C4, so there's a bit of a difference... for my needs it's excellent. However, I do have a question...

When I take a photo with flash in low light, I occasionally get what looks like a circular mark in the photo, that almost looks like a speck of dust. It seems to show as a white circle in the image.However, it happens infrequently & never in the same place on 2 photos! I was concerned, so tried my C4 in the same conditions & got a very similar effect. I've attached an example.

Question is, is this normal? I'm guessing (hoping) it is, as both cameras exhibited the same results. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
dalemiller is offline   Reply With Quote