Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:19 PM   #461

This is normal and has nothing to do with the camera.

Some dust particlesrefelct the light, so when taking a picture with flash, if some of these particules are in the air, they will create these halo/cotton ball effect.

You would get it with any camera on flash.
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 1:04 PM   #462

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
was thinking it was that at first, but it was on subjects I could focus on before and should've been able to no problem. Also like I said, it seemed to have problems in Manual Focus. It would work part of the way except towards where it should be focused like it was getting stuck yet the zoom worked fine. In autofocus mode, you could see the autofocus work back and forth as usual, just it would set down on an unfocused image which did make me think it was a problem with contrast at first. NOt sure what to make of this. Well I will be taking it out again today. If it does it again, then it's definitely going back.
Shot in the dark, how's your shortcuts set? I wasn't paying attention and kicked mine into AF Lock by hitting the joystick by accident.
Unfortunately no because I was using the manual focus setting on a shortcut. Also if the autofocus lock was on, it wouldn't be attempting to focus. Like I said, you see it focus briefly but it just settled on a blurry image. It seems to be working fine now, but we'll see.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:34 PM   #463

dalemiller wrote:
Quote:
When I take a photo with flash in low light, I occasionally get what looks like a circular mark in the photo, that almost looks like a speck of dust. It seems to show as a white circle in the image.However, it happens infrequently & never in the same place on 2 photos! I was concerned, so tried my C4 in the same conditions & got a very similar effect. I've attached an example.
Hi,

Your example didn't show. You should be able to edit your message and attach the sample so we can see what you're getting.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 6:09 PM   #464

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately no because I was using the manual focus setting on a shortcut. Also if the autofocus lock was on, it wouldn't be attempting to focus. Like I said, you see it focus briefly but it just settled on a blurry image. It seems to be working fine now, but we'll see.
Dirty lens? Hey, I'm shooting blind and guessing. :-)

Saw a video someone did with a CA65 and a small drop of water got on the lens and the focus switched to it. Both amazed and impressed me -- that's close focusing.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 6:56 PM   #465

this can be said off but on topic

RGV and others.

As today I found out I can now play any file format , most into my Aiptek MPVr nope, the Aiptek A-HD/Go-HD with thenewest software from Arcsoft. Total Media .

the HD SHQ willnot showw a video but the sound, while the HD HQ shows both a lower quality

has anyone got a vid to play into the camcoer outside of Sayo's files? not trying to gleem or shine just sharing info others might have not shared. Finding out hte hard way . as we're all family here.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:35 PM   #466

Just thought I'd add this to the thread.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

These pics were taken with IS turned off. There is still just as much "zoom" applied that creates a very narrow field of view when recording WS compared to FF.

I don't see why when recoding 4x3 I have more information at ALL SIDES of the frame than when recording 16x9. I would expect this camcorder to record video at 16x9 then crop it to get to 640x480.

splunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:11 AM   #467

splunk wrote:
Quote:
I don't see why when recoding 4x3 I have more information at ALL SIDES of the frame than when recording 16x9. I would expect this camcorder to record video at 16x9 then crop it to get to 640x480.
I hadn't noticed since I haven't been using 640x480 much with the HD700. I'm not sure but this is most likely because when shooting HD theremight not be anypixel mixing (binning) happening;when shooting VGA, there is probably pixel mixing (binning) going on.For example, withthe Cx6x Xactis, 3x3 sensor pixels = 1 VGA pixel. So 640 x 3 = 1920 which is wider than 1280.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:15 AM   #468

Hello,
I just got the camera last week and waiting for my memory card to arrive before using this.

In the meantime, I am trying to come up to speed by reading bits of the manual, and this forum. I had a question:

If my TV can only do 1080i ( and not 720p), can I view this camera when directly connected to the TV?
rajeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:21 AM   #469

Btw, I would really love it if we make a sticky of a tips thread for this, with questions like the following answered:

How to get the best video in low light?
Whats the best way to edit?

Seems like there was an attempt with this thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=27

I too have read most of the posts in this forum, and while there is a lot to be learnt reading the manuals, I also get the sense, the experiments which people are trying and then succeeding or failing is worth capturing in a single thread.
rajeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 7:27 AM   #470

hello,
I made some pictures with flash and I had red eyes that I can correct with software but also white eyes ! How is it possible to avoid this effect (that happen in every picture to people with flash) ?
Thanks,
Roberto
muteki65 is offline   Reply With Quote