Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:57 PM   #521

willk wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for posting the videos and stills.I definately want to get one. I'm still a little confused after reading the posts. For the HD700 do I want the small or large one?
You're most welcome. Either will probably work, but I have the large one and have yet to put the ring on the camera.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:37 AM   #522

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
Outrageous wrote:
Quote:
Taynt3d, you have the HD1000 too, don't you? Does it exibit the same behavior with cropping the 16:9 video relative to the 4:3 stills?
Nope, just checked my HD1000. The 4x3 and 16x9 video modes have the exact same field of view.
Taynt3d, thanks for checking that on your HD1000. I take it you haven't compared the field of view for still photos, or did you mean that the view is the same for video as it is for stills?
Outrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:28 AM   #523

blegate wrote:
Quote:
Darn... I ordered the small one based on the part number provided in this thread. Am I screwed or will it work?
Hmm. You know, I'm thinking that the smaller one might actually be better. I don't have one to play with but here's my theory. The back end of the large one only contacts with part of the top and part of the bottom of the HD700. The small one should have a slightly smaller diameter bottom piece which would give more contact area all the way around.

Note how much space is between the edges and the actual lens:

I was going to add the ring to mine to give more area but in looking at it I don't see the point. The left size of the ring would prohibit using the Xacti lens cap so I was going to cut that off, then I noticed that the right side covers part of the flash. Cutting of the right side, too, leaves just the top and bottom which I already have without the ring.

If the magnetic were recessed and having the ring pieces on the camera centered it, that would be cool, but the magnet is flush. I may add the ring pieces (top and bottom) anyway just to see what they do.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:01 PM   #524

I thought everyone was saying to get the small one? So, which one is it?
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 12:28 PM   #525

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
I thought everyone was saying to get the small one? So, which one is it?
I thought everyone was saying to get the large one.

I screwed up initially and posted Amazon's part number to the small one (P06405) when I meant the large one (P06450). I bought the large one and all my tests have been on that one and I like it.

The message with the pictures is my thoughts from this morning. I wish I had a small one to test to verify my thoughts. Maybe someone that got one will. I think either will work with the small one possibly having more contact with the magnet.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 1:14 PM   #526

http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewprod...;l=ShopCartUSA

331 plusplus tax free shipping from shopcartusa.com directs to a site, which I rather leave to your decision.

As for the lens, it cost 15.00 under 20.00 shipped style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"would a small one be ordered decide and return the large one?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 2:46 PM   #527

I ordered the small one last night as it was still showing at $15 but the large was $29.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 4:51 PM   #528

willk wrote:
Quote:
I ordered the small one last night as it was still showing at $15 but the large was $29.
wow that deal wassweet. sorry bout that maybe you andVb wanna switch :G
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 6:11 PM   #529

willk wrote:
Quote:
I can't believe the prices of these lenses. I paid $15 + $5 shipping for my large one. The one I dropped and broke cost more, was much larger and heavier and wasn't as good.

Would like to see similar pictures to the ones I posted for the small if possible.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 6:16 PM   #530

This is way off topic but if you're looking for a webcam Amazon.com has the Creative USB Optia Model 73VF028000000 for $19.99! Google Shopping is about $80

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O0M5EA?...p;linkCode=asn

BTW: Fishy & Blue, thank you for your help last week and your support for the fix ;-)

Everyday I tell myself to make sure to take the darn HD700 to work so I can put it to use but I always manage to forget to take it but somehow never forget to stop at Starbucks...

Prince Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote