Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:09 PM   #551

jokealot wrote:
Quote:
I just get the small one, turns out to be a little bit too small, if you fully zoom out, and use it to take the still picture, it can actually block four corner of the picture. The video didn't get blocked, but I think it block part of the light, so making the footage a little darker.
That's a bummer. I would have thought it would be just right. Can you take a picture looking into the lens, like the one I did? I'm curious of the size.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:21 PM   #552

jokealot wrote:
Quote:
I just get the small one, turns out to be a little bit too small, if you fully zoom out, and use it to take the still picture, it can actually block four corner of the picture. The video didn't get blocked, but I think it block part of the light, so making the footage a little darker.
Yikes, I have this on order. What do you mean by "zoom out"? Do you mean towards the telephoto end of the zoom. If so is the non-zoomed image ok?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:37 PM   #553

Do you guys have any suggestions on shooting indoors? This camera sucks inside, even with more than enough lighting. Really grainy footage, the isight on my macbook looks better indoors.

Is there some trick I'm missing? I have a good bit of experience with DSLR cameras (D40, Rebel, etc.) so I know what I'm doing.

I checked the sanyo site and all they tell you to do is up the ISO. That does jack.

Here is a comparison indoors between the hd700 and my macbook's built in eye sight. For being 1/4th (and thats when it was $300) the price of my macbook, this quality is really disappointing.

http://www.vimeo.com/445800

The video was taken by pressing "full auto"
jklikesfilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:27 PM   #554

willk wrote:
Quote:
jokealot wrote:
Quote:
Yikes, I have this on order. What do you mean by "zoom out"? Do you mean towards the telephoto end of the zoom. If so is the non-zoomed image ok?
I mean when you try to get the biggest view region on the screen with your lense. When the view region is a little smaller, I mean when things look a little bigger, it is ok.

The product come with some kind of scales, and the HD700 is just about 16mm, I think the small one have better attach, and the view block only happen when taking still picture, and doesn't really bother when shooting video, so overall, I am ok with it.
jokealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:02 AM   #555

jklikesfilm wrote:
Quote:
The video was taken by pressing "full auto"
try manual focus, and using 100 ISO
rajeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 4:24 AM   #556

glad i went with the large. see if you can return it for the large. if you got it from the same place evryone did michael will help you im sure.
bige1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 7:29 AM   #557

Hello All, I am new to this forum and I need some advise on saving the files and also downloading it on Adobe Premier 3.0.

1) After completing shooting into the 4GB card, I download it to my PC and use the Adobe Premier to join the files together and then burn it to the DVD. The 4GB took 18 hours to burn, is this normal or I might have doneit the wrong way. Anyway the DVD came out Superbly clear.

2) Can I save the movie files directly to an external harddisk so that I can delete the files from the SD Card for reuse.

3) If I save the files to the external harddisk, can I reload them on the SD Card should I need them without losing the HD quality?

4) I have a Seagate 250GB 7,200 RPM harddisk that must be plug on to the power.
I follow the Xacti Library instructions but it did not work. Is it because I did not format it to Xacti Library format? I could not use the Xacti Format, as I am sharing the harddisk with other personal files from the PC.

5) Must the Xacti Library use a dedicated external harddisk then?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, appreciate some advise from the forumers here.

Finally, the Exacti HD700 is a great and fantastic digicam.

Thank you and Cheers
Jerry
Singapore

jerrytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 9:14 AM   #558

willk wrote:
Quote:
Vignettes on stills only in wide angle. With the 0.45x you go from 38mm to 17mm in appearance.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 9:25 AM   #559

jokealot wrote:
Quote:
The product come with some kind of scales, and the HD700 is just about 16mm, I think the small one have better attach, and the view block only happen when taking still picture, and doesn't really bother when shooting video, so overall, I am ok with it.
Funny, I never even looked at the scale on the side of my package. I was trying to find a metric ruler. 16mm is about right, too, and, at 16mm the small one should have been fine since the small one is for 10-16mm and the large for 17-30mm. Anyone with the small (or on order) that plans to shoot stills at full wide should look into exchanging it for the large -- tell the seller that you have a 16mm lens which should have worked with the small but doesn't.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:29 AM   #560

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote