Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 24, 2007, 3:22 PM   #581

willk wrote:
Quote:
visorblue wrote:
Quote:
willk wrote:
Quote:
Yikes, I have this on order. What do you mean by "zoom out"? Do you mean towards the telephoto end of the zoom. If so is the non-zoomed image ok?
Vignettes on stills only in wide angle. With the 0.45x you go from 38mm to 17mm in appearance.
I would be happy to go from 28mm to 38 with stills. Is this possible with the small lens without getting the vignettes? Mine should be arriving on Wed. and I'm still not sure whether to return it and get the large one.
Hopefully Jokealot will answer, too. From looking at the still at 17mm I'm thinking you'd be fine at 28 and possibly less. You could even crop or clone in the corners of a 17mm shot since that's rarely the area of interest in a still.

Old press and other print shooters and darkroom printers used to darken the corners of thier prints to force the viewers eyes to focus on the center of the images.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 6:20 PM   #582

I bought the wide angle adapter that visorblue recommended. Here's a quick video I shot demonstrating it:

http://www.vimeo.com/451382
xjeffx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 8:00 PM   #583

xjeffx wrote:
Quote:
I bought the wide angle adapter that visorblue recommended. Here's a quick video I shot demonstrating it:

http://www.vimeo.com/451382
Gotta love it excellent video. no more backing the camera up on reviews now place on and done, best thing is they come with a two ring adapters . wonder if they're replacable or extras can be ordered emailed about a question to the owner no response yet..

14.99 at the tme isand 30 now still a great price. large only
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 9:33 AM   #584

still at a good low price not much left, santa will deilever by a promised date . not a bad price on Amazon.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 2:04 AM   #585

I just got home to find the "small" wide angle adapter in my mailbox. Works nice at the wide to mid zoom but blurs near telephoto end (video). Is this what everyone is noticing with the "large" wide angle adapter ? In taking stills I noticed by using the 16x9 (5MP) setting I only get a barely noticeable vignetting in the corners. I'm still undecided about whether to return and get the large or not. I will call tomorrow and see if they are getting more of the large ones in that I could exchange .

willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:54 AM   #586

willk wrote:
Quote:
Works nice at the wide to mid zoom but blurs near telephoto end (video). Is this what everyone is noticing with the "large" wide angle adapter ?
Haven't zoomed all the way out with it much, other than a quick look. Just ran a test and it does go soft in full zoom. Center doesn't look bad but the edges do go fuzzy.

Not a bad affect though for the right subject, I've had filters that worked like this. Hmm. May have to test this and find a use.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 3:21 PM   #587

Hi folks,

Sorry for changing the stream, but may be somebody can recommend an appropriate neck strap for my HD700.
I use to use one with my old C6 (it is a part of the standard accessories for C6) and now when I've sold my "old" camera I feel I need the replacement.
Unfortunatelly the wrist strap doesn't work for me.

Thank you in advance,
FZKAP
FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 6:39 PM   #588

FZKAP wrote:
Quote:
Sorry for changing the stream, but may be somebody can recommend an appropriate neck strap for my HD700.
Stream varies. Search ebay of "neck strap", there's a lot of them in every size, shape and color. Example, these are 36" long (18" when folded), and are 2 for $4 (delivered), 10 for $9.50 (delivered), 50 for $24 (delivered), 100 for $35 (delivered)...

Seller of the above: http://stores.ebay.com/eki-shop

Hmm. Might be a good way to secure the Phoenix 0.45x lenses, too. Add a #18 O-ring to the lens and one of these and wear it around your neck. I like it.

Old Dec 26, 2007, 6:41 PM   #589

Christmas pressy's thank you:G
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:25 PM   #590

I have a few questions about the software and the different video recording modes...

What video editing software are you windows users using for this? Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 doesn't work with mpeg4 (its freezes up and dose not render) and when convert the files to avi its all choppy within the program (not the file). Windows movie maker doesn't work with mpeg4.... it works when i convert the file to avi but i don't really like windows movie maker in the first place.

Also i have been recording in tv-shq because my laptop cant handle the HD modes.
I dont mind recording in tv-shq but I would like to solve the video editing software problem.

Im running windows xp 2ghz 2gb ram ati mobility radion x700.....
polevault is offline   Reply With Quote