Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:54 PM   #591

I just posted on "HD 700 User Tips Request" regarding Pinnacle Studio Plus 11 which I just started using. It seems to work fine with the mpeg4 files although the preview window doesn't work right (the actual output to dvd is fine though).
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:36 AM   #592

Just another couple of video clips. The first is in standard definition mode.

http://www.vimeo.com/454974
http://www.vimeo.com/454990

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:58 AM   #593

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Just another couple of video clips. The first is in standard definition mode.

http://www.vimeo.com/454974
RGV...speaks in the video, and hmm real goats video camcorder :G

excellent vid there RGV..

I used magix pro editor 12, found not filming in HdSHQ but theHD lower one will edit.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:24 AM   #594

A couple of observations from just the first couple of days of using the HD 700.

I found the indoor videos to be very good. If you set up the shortcuts on the little joy stick, it's very easy to accidentally select something you aren't aware of. I use "Simple" for video outdoors with gloves on so that I can't accidentally select manual focus, ISO etc when I'm trying to video. Ony trouble with that solution is that in simple mode you can't have the wind silencer on.

Things I like are the slider for zoom and the better volume than CG65 on playback. I also like having the simple mode so that my wife can use this camera when I'm not around.

About the fact that it seems to be in 2X or 3X zoom at the widest angle,.....this took a little getting used to but it's no problem now that I've used it a bit.

Next step is to try vivid etc and see which I like best.

Oh, by the way.....I was amazed that my HD clips play on my compter beautifully!

Overall impression is that the camera is fine. If HD is important, it's a winner that you can always have in your pocket. If HD isn't your thing, the CG65 is still a great choice.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:53 AM   #595

Setter. Nicely said. when you say 2x in wider, you feel that the camera is in that stage al the time
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:06 PM   #596

Correct me if I am wrong. The image settings of normal, vivid etc only affect still images right and not video right?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:54 PM   #597

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong. The image settings of normal, vivid etc only affect still images right and not video right?
No, that's not correct. They work in both still and video. Easy enough to check.

Just did a PDQ video here: http://www.vimeo.com/455829

Richer version is here: http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007#100222

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 2:06 PM   #598

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
No, that's not correct. They work in both still and video. Easy enough to check.
Oh ok I am glad to be wrong :-) I guess I need to check that out. To be honest I am finding the video a bit softer than I'd like so I need to try out the normal modes. For some reason I got it into my head it only affected the still image mode.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 4:37 PM   #599

My Second Sanny, I went with a Sliver one, I tell you brown was nice, will Isee Red? hmmm. Got a great price will not rubb it in, still time to get that deal out there.

As VisorBlue and others, and me. I have the Pheonix Large, works wonders for the Poormans Camcorder fits Perfectly. now the chalenge is the Sanny here?

I notice the lens ring will cover the cap, and flash, cutting would be thecure for theflash. but the housing is metal creating a hold anyway that is A PLUS on our side. not the best fit for sure, a loose fit.

We talked about Velcro, or other means, I would probably drill and peg it, as well for the other one, rather not destroy all three. will see what we come up with in the next year. :G

for now I am happy again

Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:41 PM   #600

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
My Second Sanny, I went with a Sliver one, I tell you brown was nice, will Isee Red? hmmm. Got a great price will not rubb it in, still time to get that deal out there.
Welcome back to the "collective". :lol:

I wanted red myself. Had it in my cart and then I saw a rather large image of the brown one. Next thing I know I changed my order. Had there been a blue one...
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote