Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:37 PM   #601

Well, Ive had my brown HD700 for about a week now and I really like it. It seems to really excel at video of people up to 10 feet. I took a video sitting in the back seat of a vehicle sitting between my wife and sister in law by holding the camera out. Really sharp, could even see the grain and sitches in the leather of the seatback. Outdoor stills have been very good. Indoor video ok with good lighting. Indoor stills haven't been too good especially in low light. Flash is really weak too. I'm going to solve this by purchasing a Fuji F40fd from Amazon (179-50 mail in Fuji rebate =$129 shipped). I found a good case for my HD700 (TEK 4309 by Tamrac tamrac.com). It cost 5.99 at Longs Drugs. Even has room for wide angle lens in front web . Camera fits just perfect, not loose or tight.

willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:43 AM   #602

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
Welcome back to the "collective". :lol:

I wanted red myself. Had it in my cart and then I saw a rather large image of the brown one. Next thing I know I changed my order. Had there been a blue one...
Silver is sweet, so I bet red would be nice as well, with the brown I owned. Color of Silver looks to me a three tone screen is lighter and battery side darker while center is black and besides it is the same tone of the battery door.

This is for keeps, andwhile I was lucky it is paidfor by some Poormans camcorders I had. will update my reviews now. and loads of filming enjoy.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:26 AM   #603

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
This is for keeps, andwhile I was lucky it is paidfor by some Poormans camcorders I had. will update my reviews now. and loads of filming enjoy.
Nice when your old stuff pays for the new stuff.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 3:13 PM   #604

I currently own the C6 and loves it, and I am considering the HD700.

Has any C6 owner gotten the HD700, and could compare the low light video capability betwen both.

The C6 was doing quite well with the pixel mixing technology (9 to 1), but I have not read anywhere if the HD700 is doing it (there is enough resolution to do a 4 to 1 pixel average there).

So if anyone knows if the HD700 uses pixel mixing or/and has compared low light video capabilities between the C6 and the HD700, I would greatly apreciate the feedback

Thanks
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:47 PM   #605

Scrambler,

I think it all depends on how particular you are and what "low light" actually means to you.

I have a CG65 with which I've taken some videos inside churches and schools. I considered them good. I haven't done an actual comparison with my HD 700 but I used the 700 Christmas day in the living room and thought the results were good, probably about the same as the CG65, perhaps a tad better. I liked the larger picture and the so called HD on my HD TV. I also made a DVD (not HD) and it was quite good.

You will probably like the HD 700. The only surprise I got was the lack of a wide angle view at it's widest setting. The camera seems to be in 2-3X zoom at it's widest setting. After I got used to this it didn't bother me a bit and I have no plans to buy a wide angle attachment.

Other things I like about the 700 are the slider for zooming. It's much more convenient than the CG65 rocker arm. I also like the improved volume on playback. You can actually hear it without using external headphones.

The HD 700 is slightly larger and heavier than your CG6 but it's still very handy and will fit in the pocket of my shirts.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:57 AM   #606

when we go into stores, we look at a tv set with a home theater,we say wow the sound the pic etc, i want that. We get home hooked up and then We watch it , listen and something is different was not the same .

We can say that The set is the same,and Each room is different, with furniture walls, space, etc. making the sound differ from the store purchase,the tv ,its signal as well.

so we can say the same here with the cam, we'll be able to film , and have video captured in the settings we choose and use certain setups or areas of levels in light, if darker-to-brighter shades. Allow the camera with some light it will work out in the end
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:29 AM   #607

It was dark, I found three old mixed candles and my HD700 was calling...

http://www.vimeo.com/458600
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:52 AM   #608

great job VB.

no light no video , light on the object you have video.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:37 PM   #609

I forgot to try Lamp mode to see what that does. Oh well.

Open candles would have put out more light than the two I had in jars.

Didn't see much of a gain from 800 to 3200. If this was something I wanted I'd lock the ISO at 400 personally.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:54 PM   #610

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
I forgot to try Lamp mode to see what that does. Oh well.

Open candles would have put out more light than the two I had in jars.

Didn't see much of a gain from 800 to 3200. If this was something I wanted I'd lock the ISO at 400 personally.
I noticed this as well when experimenting at night with my own camera. I was hard pressed to see any gain at the higher ranges.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote