Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:04 AM   #621

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Well it looks like it's time to return my HD700 for a replacement. I just noticed after videoing today that the ambient background noise seemed a lot higher than I expected it to be.?p=797865 where someone else seems to have had similar.
http://www.vimeo.com/460198

This is the Hiss you hear it is quite noticable and can be cleaned up, to where you only hear the clicking of the record.

it is very low, and is in the electronics or internal, nott he Mic. It is andwas demo'd that the Aiptek A-Hd was silient in av inut, but not recording Live which is totally Louder by far. As I am Comparing, this is Night and day. As you say RGV.. other problems occurred, and can this be amplified by them?

What I like more about my casio it has a 320x240 web feature not auto load, and films in Windows format WMV on low res , while others are QT quick time, why did not Sanyo add this feature.

I like to see thumbnails on QT is that possable, I'll load Aipteks WMP and see again.

Update finally seen the Low battery life it pops on one green while in recording video. I also seen it turn red, and then BAM it stops the Vid, saves it, and BYE BYE. I have more time on my Aiptek than the sanyo, a reasonwhy I like to see indication. Recieved a good amount oftime wish it was longer . cannot have both worlds

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:35 AM   #622

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Well it looks like it's time to return my HD700 for a replacement. I just noticed after videoing today that the ambient background noise seemed a lot higher than I expected it to be.?p=797865 where someone else seems to have had similar.
http://www.vimeo.com/460198

This is the Hiss you hear it is quite noticable and can be cleaned up, to where you only hear the clicking of the record.

it is very low, and is in the electronics or internal, nott he Mic. It is andwas demo'd that the Aiptek A-Hd was silient in av inut, but not recording Live which is totally Louder by far. As I am Comparing, this is Night and day. As you say RGV.. other problems occurred, and can this be amplified by them?

What I like more about my casio it has a 320x240 web feature not auto load, and films in Windows format WMV on low res , while others are QT quick time, why did not Sanyo add this feature.

I like to see thumbnails on QT is that possable, I'll load Aipteks WMP and see again.
This is not just in a quiet room though. I am noticing it on top of the regular sounds in the video. Now looking back at some videos I can hear it on top of the other sounds. I thought it was normal low level background noise. Now I am still not sure if it was always present or it got worse but it does seem more noticeable now.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:10 AM   #623

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else had this? I know some complained of the zoom noise, but this is continuous background hiss and I have seen one posting here http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=797865 where someone else seems to have had similar.
Well, they're referring to shooting out in nature with dead silence except for animals, wind and the crunching sounds you hear when you hike. With the HD700's auto gain if it doesn't hear anything it cranks up the gain, a lot of gain and you get a hissing sound with almost any equipment.

From what you've said, it's not the same as what they're referring to. Indoors there are a lot of electronic devices that can contribute to the noise; fluorescent lights, refrigerators, fans, motors, etc. I hear some hissing in my quiet ones but I have to crank up the volume to hear it. For all I know, cranking up the volume to hear the hiss could be the cause of the hiss. :O
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:28 AM   #624

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else had this? I know some complained of the zoom noise, but this is continuous background hiss and I have seen one posting here http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=797865 where someone else seems to have had similar.
Well, they're referring to shooting out in nature with dead silence except for animals, wind and the crunching sounds you hear when you hike. With the HD700's auto gain if it doesn't hear anything it cranks up the gain, a lot of gain and you get a hissing sound with almost any equipment.

From what you've said, it's not the same as what they're referring to. Indoors there are a lot of electronic devices that can contribute to the noise; fluorescent lights, refrigerators, fans, motors, etc. I hear some hissing in my quiet ones but I have to crank up the volume to hear it. For all I know, cranking up the volume to hear the hiss could be the cause of the hiss. :O
If it was only during very quiet situations that would be one thing, but it seems the hiss is there regardless and that's it's just not as noticeable if there is constant background noise in what you are shooting. You can hear the hiss on playback on the camera's speaker quite prominently. I haven't noticed this on my other Sanyo, so have to assume this is not normal. I have no choice really but to exchange it within the return period as I don't want to be left with a defective device if I can help it.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:36 AM   #625

that hiss will never go away it is Embedded. inside outside handover mic, only way you are going to tell, is to snap that mic lead off. and that will void a warranty.

Airwaves are all aroundso no matter where you go it will not help sort that situation out you'll need the following to block that signal.

foam pressed wood metal presed wood metal in that order good luck in building your silient room

That is the layout for Rf signal block room
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:47 AM   #626

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
that hiss will never go away it is Embedded. inside outside handover mic, only way you are going to tell, is to snap that mic lead off. and that will void a warranty.

Airwaves are all aroundso no matter where you go it will not help sort that situation out you'll need the following to block that signal.

foam pressed wood metal presed wood metal in that order good luck in building your silient room

That is the layout for Rf signal block room
I don't have a problem with hiss when recording in a silent environment. I do however, when you can still hear it over normal background sounds ie at the level of people talking, TV on etc.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:25 PM   #627

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
If it was only during very quiet situations that would be one thing, but it seems the hiss is there regardless and that's it's just not as noticeable if there is constant background noise in what you are shooting. You can hear the hiss on playback on the camera's speaker quite prominently. I haven't noticed this on my other Sanyo, so have to assume this is not normal. I have no choice really but to exchange it within the return period as I don't want to be left with a defective device if I can help it.
Well, compare yours to my videos to see if it's the same. I typically don't shoot in dead quiet environments though. When I did the PDQ candle test I had to re-do it as I didn't notice the heater fan had kicked on but the camera sure did.

http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007

Also, post a sample in a non-quiet room so we can hear what you're hearing.

If you read that thread on dvinfo you posted the link to you'll read what an associate told me he does with his very high-end pro gear when he's shooting industrial, corporate or commercial movies.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:35 PM   #628

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
I don't have a problem with hiss when recording in a silent environment. I do however, when you can still hear it over normal background sounds ie at the level of people talking, TV on etc.
Aha! You need a filter for the TV and the people. Just kidding.:lol:

Do you get the same hiss when you're shooting those cute critters?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 1:00 PM   #629

I posted earlier about audio/video sync issues with the MP4s. In testing further, it seems most apparent when I use Quicktime (on 2 different computers). Also, it seems to be more with 640x480 compared to HD. Ive posted a few TV-SHQ videos on Vimeo (though one says unknown format for the original for some reason). Can someonedownload the one called "Untitled" and tell me if this plays out of sync for you also? I'm debating whether or not I have a faulty camera.

A link to the video is below. The original file is downloadable.

http://www.vimeo.com/459632

- Thanks!
kimowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 1:25 PM   #630

Hi- No sync errors. I play back through Media Player and not Quicktime. With Quicktime I had all sorts of issues like you are describing.

(Coreduo 2.0 with 2gig ram)

brian
blegate is offline   Reply With Quote