Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:01 PM   #661

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
VB Here is something I found at work, it only required a lil filing to get the lens in, the hard part would be the bend or break. I have a second one. and what I am planning would be for a solid fit to the Hd 700 a second layer would give me the fit on the device slide down , lift up.
Hmm. Interesting, but a lot bigger than the ring. Be interested in seeing how you attach it.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:15 PM   #662

just the first stage, time will tell.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:47 PM   #663

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else care to upload a comparison video of their Sanyo to vimeo for further comparison?
Okay, I did a PDQ one for you. Trashing it in a day or so.

http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007#100247
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:41 AM   #664

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
If yo beilieve you have issues, return If you can live with it keep it, if you are undecided research more.
This is what I am trying to do. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to make a mountain out of molehill but I want to do some more testing to see if it's truly got a problem or not. Like visorblue said, it's difficult to find a truly quiet spot and I am trying to make sure it's not picking up noise from the environment that I just don't normally notice but is noticeable on a video.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:34 AM   #665

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
This is what I am trying to do. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to make a mountain out of molehill but I want to do some more testing to see if it's truly got a problem or not. Like visorblue said, it's difficult to find a truly quiet spot and I am trying to make sure it's not picking up noise from the environment that I just don't normally notice but is noticeable on a video.
Never an argue, and i understand.

1. the white noise we know is perminent you agree in total silience ? YES, NO, MAYBE

2 You have a Other noise on top of this. and in one video it is heard only on that video I seen
Old Jan 3, 2008, 3:00 PM   #666

RGVCAM

http://www.vimeo.com/468301

allow a fewminutes from 3 pm easter time. You complain of a hissing noise, of some sort or unknown noise.

In thisvideo I filmed the radio works fine, road noise etc, not the noise we are lookingfor, we'r listeining to a whine that is the sanyo Xacti Hd 700.

Normal, not on my other video, and car rides, Enjoy.

5 secs it is heard to around 9 secs steady and again at 17 vidis only 18-19 secs long
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:05 PM   #667

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Like visorblue said, it's difficult to find a truly quiet spot and I am trying to make sure it's not picking up noise from the environment that I just don't normally notice but is noticeable on a video.
Did you find mine as noisy, less, or more than yours? Mine doesn't bother me in the least.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:16 PM   #668

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Like visorblue said, it's difficult to find a truly quiet spot and I am trying to make sure it's not picking up noise from the environment that I just don't normally notice but is noticeable on a video.
Did you find mine as noisy, less, or more than yours? Mine doesn't bother me in the least.
VB just listened, X2 the same. the best place would be in a plastic bag and placed Dirt on it if needed to getto the Record Button a straw by the signal:Gplace an -X- so you can remember where left
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:34 PM   #669

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
VB just listened, X2 the same. the best place would be in a plastic bag and placed Dirt on it if needed to getto the Record Button a straw by the signal:Gplace an -X- so you can remember where left
You could stick the camera in a small safe, start recording, close it and then check later as you tried to remember the combination. :G

Problem there is that in absolute silence the mic gain will go to the max and that may cause it to hiss. I think slow normal talking with brief spaces or something would be best as then the mic gain wouldn't be up full and you'd get what is the "normal" about of noise. Then, I've been wrong before. :lol:
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:02 PM   #670

Movie NR we need to try that