Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:01 PM   #671

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Movie NR we need to try that
There's ways of doing that in post, but I'm not having a noise problem.

Audacity is a free cross platform audio editing application known for it's noise removal features, among others:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

General info on Audacity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audacity

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:20 PM   #672

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Movie NR we need to try that
That's just for video image noise not audio noise. You are thinking of the wind reduction.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:21 PM   #673

No I was thinking exactly what I said Video NR.

RGV it seems your Sound issue was resolved? since you bypassed the inquerry. thank you.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:39 PM   #674

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
No I was thinking exactly what I said Video NR.

RGV it seems your Sound issue was resolved? since you bypassed the inquerry. thank you.
Well no it hasn't been resolved. I am still trying to determine if it's something I can live with and that's no easy task. Like I said I still need to do more testing. It does seem as though it's a little louder than your samples but unless I have both cameras side by side and encode the same it's difficult to tell. I don't want to send it back and get one that's worse!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:09 PM   #675

I agree, what happ's is that it becomes psycological (that the spelling) you think hey my cam was better etc, and that new one hmm something not right.

I hope you do decide and if you return keep or give up. remember. having a clip with anything is priceless, noting at all is a killer
Old Jan 5, 2008, 4:40 AM   #676

This camera really suffers when there's no natural light. It was cloudy but still quite bright when I took this footage. ISO was set at 200.

I post-processed the clip a bit to make it "better". You can see the improvement in these videos.

http://vimeo.com/470056

http://www.vimeo.com/471545

I really want to keep this camera but the indoor performance is very limited. Does anyone have any tips on how to make the color more saturated and sharper in Sony Vegas?

jd2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:36 AM   #677

jd2k1 wrote:
Quote:
This camera really suffers when there's no natural light. It was cloudy but still quite bright when I took this footage. ISO was set at 200.

I post-processed the clip a bit to make it "better". You can see the improvement in these videos.

http://vimeo.com/470056

http://www.vimeo.com/471545

I really want to keep this camera but the indoor performance is very limited. Does anyone have any tips on how to make the color more saturated and sharper in Sony Vegas?

first foot looked bad. i cannot put my thumb on it. second one was worse, and the same butthe User.

I can say you did not allow the camcorder to adust at all, you quickly panned , causing the sensor to not work its magic.

I cannot comment if there is a defect, bad filming, bad filmer, or just unhappiness with product.

A pro Photographer take their time adjust and practice with their shots, hand aPro Photographer a camcorder watch them be an Amature and fail. they will not adjust, tehy need to start all new again.

Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:39 AM   #678

I panned slowly in the hotel video and everything was in focus in the LCD. I only time-compressed that footage from 3+min to 1:30min.

The pond with koi and ducks are not time compressed but the colors are just so flat.

Given the size of the lens, I already know that it will have trouble under low light but didn't know it would perform THIS bad in the hotel footage.

jd2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:23 AM   #679

where does this fal lunder as a camcorder for you? a toy a amature a intermediate, a professional model?
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:28 AM   #680

jd2k1 wrote:
Quote:

The HD700 has an assortment of settings to help you get what you want. You can adjust the exposure yourself with the exposure compensation bar if the auto setting you selected results are too dark for your taste, use the manual mode, set the camera to vivid if you want more color saturation, change the focus mode to Spot, and maybe the light metering to Ceneter-weighted (or even Spot light-measuring), etc.

All auto-focus cameras use contrast to focus. The lower the contrast (lower light equals lower contrast) the more hunting and longer it takes to lock focus. Add movement of the camera and the subject and you make it even harder. Learn how the camera works and give it the time it needs to do its thing and you'll be rewarded with nice images. Impatient? Set up and lock the exposure and the focus and rock!

Experiment with all the scene modes and other settings to see what works best for you. Set the white balance yourself or even use the "one push" feature and have the camera adjust to the light of the scene you're in. The camera has some professional features but you have to learn to use them.

Adjusting the footage in Vegas is a last resort as you can blow out the highlights (like in the hotle suite), etc. It's a nice option when all else fails though and can help add contrast to low contrast scenes (like overcast, the ducks) -- the camera settings are not going to do that. Have FUN!

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote