Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:10 AM   #721

siwxxyz wrote:
Quote:
Only down side is the zoom noise is still horrific in comparison with my C6.
I think the zoom and focus hunting is a given considering the closeness of the microphone to the camera. I get it on mine as well. Doesn't bother me as I don't tend to do a lot of zooming that I want to see while shooting and I can edit the noise out if I do want the zooming in the video. It's louder in a quiet environment due to the mic gain being higher then.

I just did a quick test talking at a normal volume (you're rather soft spoken on your video) while zooming in and out over and over and, while I still heard it, I was listening specifically for it and doing very excessive zooming. In a real video I doubt it would bother a viewer as, hopefully, the content on the video will have their attention and a brief rumbling of the zoom won't even be noticed.

So, the cure is to shoot only exciting videos! :lol:
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:27 AM   #722

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
siwxxyz wrote:
Quote:
Only down side is the zoom noise is still horrific in comparison with my C6.
I think the zoom and focus hunting is a given considering the closeness of the microphone to the camera. I get it on mine as well. Doesn't bother me as I don't tend to do a lot of zooming that I want to see while shooting and I can edit the noise out if I do want the zooming in the video. It's louder in a quiet environment due to the mic gain being higher then.

I just did a quick test talking at a normal volume (you're rather soft spoken on your video) while zooming in and out over and over and, while I still heard it, I was listening specifically for it and doing very excessive zooming. In a real video I doubt it would bother a viewer as, hopefully, the content on the video will have their attention and a brief rumbling of the zoom won't even be noticed.

So, the cure is to shoot only exciting videos! :lol:

I'm going to out to film the few people in my tiny village hight street now! :-)
siwxxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:23 PM   #723

Orginal Model name Updated Model name

Sanyo DMX HD 700 VPC-HD 700

Firmware On the Models is what I am after not saying Firmware is released on the market. SAnyo refuses to respond to an email and if others found a way to check.

The Video SEY.... perfection I wonder if AMAZON.COM sent a true product from sanyo warehouse , or some 4th party that had a return, I also would thing it slipped the inspection station and we overlooked the Obvious rest.

The Zoom Noise, is normal and depending on the DB in the room I wonder what level will it take to not hear it? it does not bother me b/c Film andzoom leads to unprofessional video, but one day who knows.

All is Normal, I still see a lil choppiness bu who knows possable airwave, interference
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:14 PM   #724

One of your own tests you can do for Zoom noise is see where the noise is bothersome or heard, and start to increase or add sound in as you go along in increments. you'll find you'll need to be at that level for the Zoom to fade out. the Zoom seems to be in there. and will not cancel out. these are just my observation, and need to have a keen ear for the noise at background music or sound playing whilezooming. Like i may say editing with a sound andvideo cleaner, does not bother my video quality enjoy.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:44 AM   #725

http://www.vimeo.com/605459

glad bagged video
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:00 PM   #726

Beware of the Hong Kong battery chargers. I saw an auction on ebay for a HD700 battery and charger for a nice price, $17 delivered from Hong Kong. Others were selling the same charger for $23-30 without the battery, so I ordered.

Took a while to get here due to Christmas shipping (23 days) but when I got it I noticed they sent a different charger (battery is fine). The one they sent doesn't have the two LEDs or same design. I contacted the seller, and he told me it was a newer model and to use it. Hmm.

I tried using it, it didn't work. Contacted the seller again and he sent me another (only a two week wait this time) and it's exactly the same as the first unit -- I specifically asked for the older model, too.

There's a flaw in the design. If you place the battery in face up the battery pins and the charger pins are on the opposite side. Flip the battery face down and the positioning guide prevents it from being fully inserted. The fix is to break off the guilde and put the battery in face down, polarity is correct when face down.

[align=center](Tape was used to hold the door that doesn't seem to do anything open.)
[/align]

I used a screwdriver to break it off and it seems to work now. Other hassle is the it only has one green LED and it doesn't change colors or even go out after a charge, just glows green when it's plugged in. There's no instructions but the box does say it charges in 2-hours.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:11 PM   #727

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://www.vimeo.com/605459 glad bagged video
They make underwater cases for the Sanyos, $40-60. Search the net or ebay for Dicapak underwater case. They're supposed to have a nice optically clear window for the lens.

Eventually, there will be a HD E1.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:20 PM   #728

yep I seen tehm thought I just have some sunday fun.

See that you gothe charger working and did they ask for the one back?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:15 PM   #729

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
yep I seen tehm thought I just have some sunday fun.
Trying to drown your HD700 is Sunday fun? :lol:

Quote:
See that you gothe charger working and did they ask for the one back?
Nope. Two for the price of one. Would have prefered the other one though. Did come with the car adapters, too. May have to order more batteries to go with the chargers. :-)
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:25 PM   #730

Shopping carts do NOT make good dollies! :lol:

I took my Gorillapod clone and stuck it and my HD700 on a shopping cart and video'd as I wandered around a store. Thought I had some decent and fun footage...until I viewed it on the computer. Whew. You'd swear I'd shot it while driving down stairs!

The floor was pretty smooth tile but the vibrations from the cart to the minipod to the camera were crazy! :shock: