Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:45 AM   #751
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 108
Default

I finally read the manual. I am not going on a cruise until November.. Guess I should have said that.. it will give me plenty of time to learn the camera. Someone on another forum said they set the camera at 1/60 for video panning. I thought shutter speed was only for STILL PHOTOS?

I recorded the high quality HD and also a test at standard HD. I didnt see the difference on my 42" 1080i (I know the camera is playingg 720p on my TV) between the 2 settings? should I have noticed anything?

I had the video noise reduction turned on when I shot both videos. is this feature better to have on or off? I also had the image stabalization OFF as I read it zooms in the camera when it is on...


djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:29 AM   #752
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,622
Default

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I finally read the manual. I am not going on a cruise until November.. Guess I should have said that.. it will give me plenty of time to learn the camera. Someone on another forum said they set the camera at 1/60 for video panning. I thought shutter speed was only for STILL PHOTOS?

I recorded the high quality HD and also a test at standard HD. I didnt see the difference on my 42" 1080i (I know the camera is playingg 720p on my TV) between the 2 settings? should I have noticed anything?

I had the video noise reduction turned on when I shot both videos. is this feature better to have on or off? I also had the image stabalization OFF as I read it zooms in the camera when it is on...

excellent you read or are re-reading. it iseasier by the day as we practice right?

When you go on that cruise. keep in mind the ac plug should not be a problem, but bring an extention cord. I learned the hard way on myfist one. plug was on the tables wall my charger would not fit LOl

Prefrence on res. pocket wallet and extra battery if needed for vacation and future use, keep to a higher res for a priceless moment. lesser res will be a missed momen if asked.

video panning has no setting pann http://www.metacafe.com/watch/641486/panning/

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...es-panning.htm

can you find that link?




fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:18 AM   #753
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,622
Default

: on pg 114 the exposure talks about the camera or cam never says hint 1/60th is video Norm.


also pg 153 flicker changes vid shutter to 1/100th


night mode or shutter speed? is not yet mentioned?

pg 208 explains further detail.


Quote:
djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I finally read the manual. I am not going on a cruise until November.. Guess I should have said that.. it will give me plenty of time to learn the camera. Someone on another forum said they set the camera at 1/60 for video panning. I thought shutter speed was only for STILL PHOTOS?

I recorded the high quality HD and also a test at standard HD. I didnt see the difference on my 42" 1080i (I know the camera is playingg 720p on my TV) between the 2 settings? should I have noticed anything?

I had the video noise reduction turned on when I shot both videos. is this feature better to have on or off? I also had the image stabalization OFF as I read it zooms in the camera when it is on...

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:03 PM   #754
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 108
Default

I have flicker turned OFF but NOISE REDUCTION turned on. As I mentioned, I shot at the highest quality HD and the noraml High quality HD and I didnt see any difference. I know the highest setting is a higher bit rate. The reason I am asking is because when I go on my trips I want to get the most amount of recording time I can on my 8G, 4G and 2G cards I have. But if there really is a difference in the super high quality HD then I will shoot in that mode.

Thanks for the links on paning. I forgot to mention, I went to school for video production and also do some video production for a catering hall I work out where we offer some services.

I'm just trying to figure out this camera to get the best shots possible..

I als say you mentioned manual focus. how about using the auto-focus to focus and then focus lock?


djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:34 PM   #755
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,622
Default

manual will tell you info about these settings of flicker , noise etc....

SHQ or HD is your option your choice if you are going to edit and need to dig into the files then SHQ, if not I go with Hd , i see nothing wrong with Hd setting .

2,4,6,8 doesn't matter you can never have enough memoy? a pocket wallet waswhat i again repeated to look into. play around show somesamples members will help out

manual focus will stop focus Hunting, you at the start told usabout two settings and never furthered detailed into this? why?

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I have flicker turned OFF but NOISE REDUCTION turned on. As I mentioned, I shot at the highest quality HD and the noraml High quality HD and I didnt see any difference. I know the highest setting is a higher bit rate. The reason I am asking is because when I go on my trips I want to get the most amount of recording time I can on my 8G, 4G and 2G cards I have. But if there really is a difference in the super high quality HD then I will shoot in that mode.

Thanks for the links on paning. I forgot to mention, I went to school for video production and also do some video production for a catering hall I work out where we offer some services.

I'm just trying to figure out this camera to get the best shots possible..

I als say you mentioned manual focus. how about using the auto-focus to focus and then focus lock?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:36 PM   #756
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 108
Default

Does the sanyo camera take a 16Gb SDHC card?

I found a really good deal on them if it will work..

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:02 PM   #757
Senior Member
 
visorblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 243
Default

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
Does the sanyo camera take a 16Gb SDHC card?

I found a really good deal on them if it will work..
I seem to remember reading it will accept up to a 32GB card.

You may want to be careful of the card brands. I've had no problems in other camera with off-brands but others have. I saw a A-Data 16GB Class 6 for $60, after rebate and coupon code, at Newegg. Never used a A-Data card so I can't vouch for it.

Helpful HD700 site: http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/pro...ips/index.html
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:15 PM   #758
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,622
Default

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
Does the sanyo camera take a 16Gb SDHC card?

I found a really good deal on them if it will work..
What does the manual say. one comment on here said there is gear noise when Zooming while on page 84 sanyo states the no maulfunction so on pg 216 would be your best answer,if that is not wha you're after it is going to be like VB says be careful. 8 gig is garanteed 3 gig would be overkill due to battery never going to last that long


fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:14 PM   #759
Senior Member
 
visorblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 243
Default

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
f that is not wha you're after it is going to be like VB says be careful. 8 gig is garanteed 3 gig would be overkill due to battery never going to last that long
Card size max. is not in the manual. Biggest card out when Sanyo wrote it and their specs was 8GB, so that's what they listed. Like I mentioned, I read somewhere that it would suport up to an 32GB card but you're right, 16GB or 32GB is a lot of video to trust to one card. If the card should fail you've lost your whole vacation or whatever.

A few brand name 8GB cards might be a better way to go. I'd even want something like a laptop, and/or optical media drive to back things up to so I know that when I got back everything I recorded was safe and ready to be enjoyed. Much nicer to show the videos than tell horror stories.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:04 PM   #760
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,622
Default

True I mentioned a pocket wallet over and over 3x it is now up to themember to decide

library (hint) get a harddrive size of a deck of cards a laptop one that is disk storage transfer the sanyo has this more trust worthy i say





visorblue wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
f that is not wha you're after it is going to be like VB says be careful. 8 gig is garanteed 3 gig would be overkill due to battery never going to last that long
Card size max. is not in the manual. Biggest card out when Sanyo wrote it and their specs was 8GB, so that's what they listed. Like I mentioned, I read somewhere that it would suport up to an 32GB card but you're right, 16GB or 32GB is a lot of video to trust to one card. If the card should fail you've lost your whole vacation or whatever.

A few brand name 8GB cards might be a better way to go. I'd even want something like a laptop, and/or optical media drive to back things up to so I know that when I got back everything I recorded was safe and ready to be enjoyed. Much nicer to show the videos than tell horror stories.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.