Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:45 AM   #751

I finally read the manual. I am not going on a cruise until November.. Guess I should have said that.. it will give me plenty of time to learn the camera. Someone on another forum said they set the camera at 1/60 for video panning. I thought shutter speed was only for STILL PHOTOS?

I recorded the high quality HD and also a test at standard HD. I didnt see the difference on my 42" 1080i (I know the camera is playingg 720p on my TV) between the 2 settings? should I have noticed anything?

I had the video noise reduction turned on when I shot both videos. is this feature better to have on or off? I also had the image stabalization OFF as I read it zooms in the camera when it is on...

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:29 AM   #752

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I finally read the manual. I am not going on a cruise until November.. Guess I should have said that.. it will give me plenty of time to learn the camera. Someone on another forum said they set the camera at 1/60 for video panning. I thought shutter speed was only for STILL PHOTOS?

I recorded the high quality HD and also a test at standard HD. I didnt see the difference on my 42" 1080i (I know the camera is playingg 720p on my TV) between the 2 settings? should I have noticed anything?

I had the video noise reduction turned on when I shot both videos. is this feature better to have on or off? I also had the image stabalization OFF as I read it zooms in the camera when it is on...

excellent you read or are re-reading. it iseasier by the day as we practice right?

When you go on that cruise. keep in mind the ac plug should not be a problem, but bring an extention cord. I learned the hard way on myfist one. plug was on the tables wall my charger would not fit LOl

Prefrence on res. pocket wallet and extra battery if needed for vacation and future use, keep to a higher res for a priceless moment. lesser res will be a missed momen if asked.

video panning has no setting pann http://www.metacafe.com/watch/641486/panning/

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...es-panning.htm

can you find that link?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:18 AM   #753

: on pg 114 the exposure talks about the camera or cam never says hint 1/60th is video Norm.

also pg 153 flicker changes vid shutter to 1/100th

night mode or shutter speed? is not yet mentioned?

pg 208 explains further detail.

Quote:
djqwik wrote:
Quote:

Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:03 PM   #754

I have flicker turned OFF but NOISE REDUCTION turned on. As I mentioned, I shot at the highest quality HD and the noraml High quality HD and I didnt see any difference. I know the highest setting is a higher bit rate. The reason I am asking is because when I go on my trips I want to get the most amount of recording time I can on my 8G, 4G and 2G cards I have. But if there really is a difference in the super high quality HD then I will shoot in that mode.

Thanks for the links on paning. I forgot to mention, I went to school for video production and also do some video production for a catering hall I work out where we offer some services.

I'm just trying to figure out this camera to get the best shots possible..

I als say you mentioned manual focus. how about using the auto-focus to focus and then focus lock?

Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:34 PM   #755

manual will tell you info about these settings of flicker , noise etc....

SHQ or HD is your option your choice if you are going to edit and need to dig into the files then SHQ, if not I go with Hd , i see nothing wrong with Hd setting .

2,4,6,8 doesn't matter you can never have enough memoy? a pocket wallet waswhat i again repeated to look into. play around show somesamples members will help out

manual focus will stop focus Hunting, you at the start told usabout two settings and never furthered detailed into this? why?

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I have flicker turned OFF but NOISE REDUCTION turned on. As I mentioned, I shot at the highest quality HD and the noraml High quality HD and I didnt see any difference. I know the highest setting is a higher bit rate. The reason I am asking is because when I go on my trips I want to get the most amount of recording time I can on my 8G, 4G and 2G cards I have. But if there really is a difference in the super high quality HD then I will shoot in that mode.

Thanks for the links on paning. I forgot to mention, I went to school for video production and also do some video production for a catering hall I work out where we offer some services.

I'm just trying to figure out this camera to get the best shots possible..

I als say you mentioned manual focus. how about using the auto-focus to focus and then focus lock?

Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:36 PM   #756

Does the sanyo camera take a 16Gb SDHC card?

I found a really good deal on them if it will work..

Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:02 PM   #757

djqwik wrote:
Quote:

I seem to remember reading it will accept up to a 32GB card.

You may want to be careful of the card brands. I've had no problems in other camera with off-brands but others have. I saw a A-Data 16GB Class 6 for $60, after rebate and coupon code, at Newegg. Never used a A-Data card so I can't vouch for it.

Helpful HD700 site: http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/pro...ips/index.html
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:15 PM   #758

djqwik wrote:
Quote:

What does the manual say. one comment on here said there is gear noise when Zooming while on page 84 sanyo states the no maulfunction so on pg 216 would be your best answer,if that is not wha you're after it is going to be like VB says be careful. 8 gig is garanteed 3 gig would be overkill due to battery never going to last that long

Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:14 PM   #759

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
f that is not wha you're after it is going to be like VB says be careful. 8 gig is garanteed 3 gig would be overkill due to battery never going to last that long
Card size max. is not in the manual. Biggest card out when Sanyo wrote it and their specs was 8GB, so that's what they listed. Like I mentioned, I read somewhere that it would suport up to an 32GB card but you're right, 16GB or 32GB is a lot of video to trust to one card. If the card should fail you've lost your whole vacation or whatever.

A few brand name 8GB cards might be a better way to go. I'd even want something like a laptop, and/or optical media drive to back things up to so I know that when I got back everything I recorded was safe and ready to be enjoyed. Much nicer to show the videos than tell horror stories.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:04 PM   #760

True I mentioned a pocket wallet over and over 3x it is now up to themember to decide

library (hint) get a harddrive size of a deck of cards a laptop one that is disk storage transfer the sanyo has this more trust worthy i say

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
f that is not wha you're after it is going to be like VB says be careful. 8 gig is garanteed 3 gig would be overkill due to battery never going to last that long
Card size max. is not in the manual. Biggest card out when Sanyo wrote it and their specs was 8GB, so that's what they listed. Like I mentioned, I read somewhere that it would suport up to an 32GB card but you're right, 16GB or 32GB is a lot of video to trust to one card. If the card should fail you've lost your whole vacation or whatever.

A few brand name 8GB cards might be a better way to go. I'd even want something like a laptop, and/or optical media drive to back things up to so I know that when I got back everything I recorded was safe and ready to be enjoyed. Much nicer to show the videos than tell horror stories.