Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:11 PM   #761

I think the rule of thumb should be a card that is large enough to last one battery charge. I see no point in getting anything bigger for general everyday shooting. It's not like having a pocket full of these cards is going to be a handicap like it might be with tapes and you don't put all your eggs in one basket if you have a corrupt card.

Having said that, if you are going to be shooting a lot over a few days of a vacation without access to a PC or external harddrive of some sort, then getting the next size up will keep the card count down to a more manageable level. A 4 or 8GB would be good sizes in my opinion. 32GB would definitely be overkill in my opinion.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 5:31 PM   #762

last year I could have purchased one and should have saved the link for office max. a storage unit also shown here in steves.

digital Sotrae is the way you would deffently go unlimited no but at least you carry a few set of batterys and grab all those moments possable transfer to a HD and restart. add it all up today

10.00 per 1 gig there is even a sd card of 4 gig for about 9.00 and 8 gig around 15.00 but unknown brands ihave about 8 sitting on the side if i did not get them and just saved up i get a portable storage tody yes for my next trip and carry with me likea pack of gum or a deck of cards
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:45 PM   #763

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I have flicker turned OFF but NOISE REDUCTION turned on. As I mentioned, I shot at the highest quality HD and the noraml High quality HD and I didnt see any difference. I know the highest setting is a higher bit rate. The reason I am asking is because when I go on my trips I want to get the most amount of recording time I can on my 8G, 4G and 2G cards I have. But if there really is a difference in the super high quality HD then I will shoot in that mode.

Thanks for the links on paning. I forgot to mention, I went to school for video production and also do some video production for a catering hall I work out where we offer some services.

I'm just trying to figure out this camera to get the best shots possible..

I als say you mentioned manual focus. how about using the auto-focus to focus and then focus lock?

You can't fine tune the shutter speed manually for video. It's either 1/60 for standard operation, 1/15 for high sensitivity, or 1/100 or 1/120 for flicker reduction.

Realize that if you choose high sensitivity, it will let twice the amount of light into the lens but you will end up with only 15fps footage. With flicker reduction on, it will let half the amount of light in producing 100fps or 120fps footage. With either settings, the camera will internally convert the footage to 30fps.

Your footage with HS on won't suddenly become smoother once it's converted to 30fps by the camera. High sensitivity mode should only be used when panning at a very slow pace or the motion being captured is very low.

Manual can only tell you so much. You have to test them out yourself. Go ahead and try to record a short 10sec clip with HS and FR off. Then again with only HS on and another one with just FR on. You'll be surprised on how these settings affect the brightness of your footage.

Cheers!
jd2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:47 PM   #764

What does MOVIE NOISE REDUCTION due to the video? I have flicker turned off and high sensitivity turned off. but MOVIE NOISE REDUCTION turned ON..

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 11:11 PM   #765

subc wrote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the information. I was able to watch all the videos without a problem by using VideoLan player (windows).

I tried playing the sample videos with Both quicktime and VLC. They played but the video was jumpy when in full screen. I have a 19" wide screen monitor. In windows media player it doesnt even play at all. It crashed WMP 11.

My system is as follows:

Pentium 4 3.06G
1Gb Ram
Nvidia Gforce 6200
Windows XP Pro

What I did is get ahold of MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC and is uses COREAVC Video Decoder and they play perfectly... I can see DIRECTVOBSUB says its using the COREAVC Video Decorder but it appears windows media player 11 can not use it? Nor quicktime which is STILL JUMPY. and VLC plays the video strange now that I have a different codec..

I followed the directions at http://www.danielandrade.net/2007/02...nition-videos/ to try to get things working but no luck with WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 or quicktime or VLC.. only MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC..

any help would be appreciated...

Old Jan 20, 2008, 3:59 AM   #766

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
What does MOVIE NOISE REDUCTION due to the video? I have flicker turned off and high sensitivity turned off. but MOVIE NOISE REDUCTION turned ON..
Notice the little color dots all over your video? Those are noise. With noise reduction turned on, the camera will TRY to detect these dots and blur them. You're better off leaving this setting off. With the limited processing power of the camera, it can't really detect them efficiently and will end up blurring the whole video.
jd2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:51 AM   #767

what are the formats for wmp ? what does, or you have a sample video of nr video?so others know what you are referring to?

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
subc wrote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the information. I was able to watch all the videos without a problem by using VideoLan player (windows).

I tried playing the sample videos with Both quicktime and VLC. They played but the video was jumpy when in full screen. I have a 19" wide screen monitor. In windows media player it doesnt even play at all. It crashed WMP 11.

My system is as follows:

Pentium 4 3.06G
1Gb Ram
Nvidia Gforce 6200
Windows XP Pro

What I did is get ahold of MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC and is uses COREAVC Video Decoder and they play perfectly... I can see DIRECTVOBSUB says its using the COREAVC Video Decorder but it appears windows media player 11 can not use it? Nor quicktime which is STILL JUMPY. and VLC plays the video strange now that I have a different codec..

I followed the directions at http://www.danielandrade.net/2007/02...nition-videos/ to try to get things working but no luck with WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 or quicktime or VLC.. only MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC..

any help would be appreciated...

Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:57 AM   #768

20.00 value , thosewho ordered in the month of december will or already recieved a 2008 coupon for a calender? Do you Concider that a savings towards your cam or just a gimmick or publicity?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:29 AM   #769

I am playing the sample videos that are at the beginning of this thread.....

Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:37 AM   #770

when you talk about a question it is best to produce a sample of your own , and place up here so we can understand what you are asking from the camera.