Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 20, 2008, 1:29 PM   #781

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
If you again use flicker it is a control for low level lighting or sun and headlights, street lamps? what does FPS have to do with any of this:? saving file space,
Page 153: "The flicker-reduction setting reduces the flicker that results when filming video clips under fluorescent lights and the like where the background lighting pulsates at the frequency of the power supply."

"HINT
If the flicker-reduction setting is used outdoors on a very bright day, a
halation effect, which produces diffused rings of light around bright light
areas, may occur.

The exposure setting and flicker reduction function cannot both be enabled
at the same time.

When the flicker-reduction function is set to "ON", the shutter speed during
video clip recording becomes 1/100 sec."

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:01 PM   #782

yes I read that ijust was not sure.
[line]

well may go down to the Slip getsomefootage a boat sank they will rasie it up if contacted and there at the right time will have some neat footage
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:10 PM   #783

Thanks for all the answers to my questions.. I have the library working and its great being able to store all my video's and photos on the external HD. THat was an issue when I had the a-hd.. what to do with the HD video. Can I take the external HD that I have everything stored on and use the video on my PC editing? it doesnt change anything whenI put it on the HD?

I took some shots tonight at a catering hall I work at. In bright light the camera is awesome! but when it got darker, the video didnt look as good. I had it on automatic ISO so I dont know what it was shooting in...

As soon as I get my new card reader, I will post some videos. the one I have doesnt like my 8GB SDHC

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:00 PM   #784

light is funny it will work with you or against you. Iso will just raise some light adjustment 400 800 you may also adj the exposure, you can also try the scenic

but light will be just that if it is dark vid will not be light it will bewhat the camera sees not your eyes.

use a bike light
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:00 PM   #785

Is anyone backing up to a passport type Hard Drive? The kind that is powered via USB. Just wondering if it would work.
Jellyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:10 AM   #786

Hi Xacti HD700 experts, I need to record video more than 4GB, is there any way I can make it?

I am using a 16GB SDHC and it runs smooth.
stojakovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:28 AM   #787

I think I read that right?

1 the batery will most likely go to "LOW" 4 gig will be around pg 216 for your filming needs.

What I understand is that you want a External battery, hooked into the DC input section.

DC plugin on the rear of the camera will work. MODIFY one or buy one 6AA batterys will get you 3 hours plus life.

You may make neat case attach itto the tripod so less wire shows or just place in pocket, here is a site that uses rc batterries.

stojakovic wrote:

Quote:
Hi Xacti HD700 experts, I need to record video more than 4GB, is there any way I can make it?

Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:31 AM   #788

above I posted this thre times. this is what you're after, but never explained it to the members, IfI read your post correctly? LOL:G
http://davidweikel.com/E10_samples/power/power.shtml

Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:36 AM   #789

Library manual pg 34

seperated power

Jellyman wrote:
Quote:
Is anyone backing up to a passport type Hard Drive? The kind that is powered via USB. Just wondering if it would work.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:01 PM   #790

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I think I read that right?

1 the batery will most likely go to "LOW" 4 gig will be around pg 216 for your filming needs.

What I understand is that you want a External battery, hooked into the DC input section.

DC plugin on the rear of the camera will work. MODIFY one or buy one 6AA batterys will get you 3 hours plus life.

You may make neat case attach itto the tripod so less wire shows or just place in pocket, here is a site that uses rc batterries.

stojakovic wrote:

Quote:

Actually, I use DC power supply, just dock it there. However, each clip will stop at 4GB. It might be the 4GB file size limit on that file system, but is there any way to continue record video in seperate file automatically?
stojakovic is offline   Reply With Quote