Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:02 PM   #71

Thank you for that Caelum, I think I shall try it a bit more tomorrow and see what happens but it is so disappointing and am thinking that something is wrong with it. At least I have 30 days to try it out before deciding whether or not to keep it although I do hope it gets better.
CYMRAES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:22 PM   #72

Just wondered Caelum if you have recorded in fairly quiet surroundings and found that the use of the zoom in the recording on playback is noticeably very loud - if not then I do have a problem with mine.

I do also notice that however hard I try and steady the camera I do get a lot of shake despite using the 'anti shake' mode. I would very much appreciate your comments.
CYMRAES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:04 PM   #73

CYMRAES wrote:
Quote:
Just wondered Caelum if you have recorded in fairly quiet surroundings[...]
In quiet environments I do hear the zoom, as I wrote in my mini-review, it's like an electric hum; I cannot call it "very loud", it's not worse thanmany other camcorders I've tried.

As for camera shake, well it is asmall light camera with little inertia, so it's certainly possible to "over" shake it (the stabilizer can only correct so much). I do not have problems holding it fairly stillwhile standing or even moving, except perhaps when fully zoomed in, then Imight haveto anchor my arm. Maybe you just need time to adapt. Otherwise I can only recommend to try and anchor your arm or even your handto something steady while shooting or use a tripod. When youconsider "Steadycam" devices, they work by basically adding a lotof weight to cameras, thus more inertia, but this completely defeats lightweight portability.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:24 PM   #74

Hello
I would like to say that with the Xacti CA65, I dont hear any noise of zoom...

I have read somewhere that to film something much moving, it's a bad idea to put on the stabilisation !

I never put it when I film... because it seem's to me that it make the images of the film jerky.

What do you think about please ?

ANY ADVICE TO FILM MUCH (or little too ) MOVING ?

Stabilize or not stabilize, xacti the question !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
anjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:00 AM   #75

Yes, try turning off the stabilizer. The stabilizer is good for holding a steady shot if you are trying to hold a steady shot.If you are moving the camera, then normally the stabilizer should detect this movement and disengage, but if it doesn't detect the movement,it mightsort of jump as it tries to lock-in on a scene. Don't expect miracles from the stabilizer,DIS (or even OIS for that matter)can only do so much,it can'tprevent trueshaking or movement especially when zoomed in. It's only meant to reduce small tremors when holding a steady shot.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:25 PM   #76

My Hd700 has expired (RIP)....turned it on yesterday...no menus...no focus. I tried taking the battery out etc. but Ihave got to send it back to QVC for an exchangedocument.write('[img]/forums/images/emoticons/cry.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/cry.gif[/img]
exteecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:54 PM   #77

exteecha wrote:
Quote:
My Hd700 has expired (RIP)....
You know, everytime I have to fix someone's computer, I usually get the same answer when I ask what happened, and the answer is: "I did NOTHING! the computer broke by itself, I didn't click anything! is possesed!.. etc"

So with that in mind, I would like to ask you: Did your HD700 died by itself under normal operation?
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 5:12 AM   #78

I deleted all the camera files (using the camera) pm on Thursday. When I switched it on Friday morning got the XACTI greeting but no menu etc. I tried taking out the battery for an hour, but still no joy. I like the camera so I'll try another, probably just bad luck!
exteecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 5:18 AM   #79

Now, I don't have a Xacti HD700 myself (I wish, but my pockets are not so deep yet), however I recall reading something about the cam not functioning without an SD card.

So I'm just going to take a wild guess and speculate that maybe the camera does not work at all (as in, no camera display) unless there is a compatible SD card inserted on the slot(?).

Makes me think that no-SD card or corrupted/malformatted-SD card would make the camera act the same way.

With that in mind, have you tried inserting a different SD card? or reformatting to something the cam may understand? :O
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 5:40 AM   #80

if there's no card present you will see the display telling you as such. you will still be able to operate the device regardless.

I did have a little issue at first with the formatting of the card. It kept asking for a card when it was already inserted... i tried full format a few times without progress, until i tried just the quick format option.

But i think in his case there's no access to the menu at all, so its probably something more serious than the user
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote