Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:56 AM   #801

Quote:
I just recently bought this camera but I have a problem. The POWER button on the remote control for me doesn't work. I can not turn the camera on or off remotely. All the other functions on the remote work if i turn the camera on manually, but power does not work.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there some weird setting I do not know about that is preventing the button from working or is my remote defective?

Thanks. :?

K, i was playing around and I noticed something with the remote. When the camera is in the DOCK it actually does something. It will turn the camera on so that the computer recognizes it. So maybe it IS working. But still does nothing when the camera is not in dock. I.E. still cannot turn camera on and off remotely.

Is remote on and off even a function of the remote? Anyone know?
anixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 4:16 AM   #802

yes, we all do, read the manual.

It tells you only the on/off works in the DOCK STATION ONLY, not out of the DOCk station
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:22 AM   #803

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

It tells you only the on/off works in the DOCK STATION ONLY, not out of the DOCk station
Ah yes, thank you for that. I did look at the manual earlier but I guess I didn't look hard enough. :s

Good to know it's not broken. But not turning on and off away from dock really limits the usefulness You gotta go turn it on and leave it on which wastes battery and if you pause recording and it falls asleep you can't wake it up again. booo
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:27 AM   #804

anixon wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Ah yes, thank you for that. I did look at the manual earlier but I guess I didn't look hard enough. :s

Good to know it's not broken. But not turning on and off away from dock really limits the usefulness You gotta go turn it on and leave it on which wastes battery and if you pause recording and it falls asleep you can't wake it up again. booo
If you had it on a tripod and wanted to use the remote to turn it on and off and start/stop you cant. Nice to know as I didnt see that in the manual

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:55 AM   #805

tripod or not, in the manualread it and happy we got it, on/off, and instant on after initial turn up, if it was on for 1 minute or a full day.no depletion of batery with hybirnation mode set or not.

Do you open the screen turn on the camera with the on/off , all the time? or do you open the screen, turn on/off the camera andclose the screen, to reopen later to just open the screen without touching the on/off button?

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
anixon wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

If you had it on a tripod and wanted to use the remote to turn it on and off and start/stop you cant. Nice to know as I didnt see that in the manual

Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:36 PM   #806

I like to use the viewfinder to turn it on and off. I think that's the best. There's no downside as I can see. It just works like a power button after you initially turn it on.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:12 PM   #807

it takes 2 plussecs the very first tun on by the button, then a split second by the flip,so why miss the shot when you have to

1 snap the lens cap off, flip thescreen, press the button for 2 secs oops shot gone
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:41 PM   #808

jan 24th I am sure a few more days those wh oare keeping will keep thosewho return what are you expecting to get?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 5:17 PM   #809

Hello,
I have been using this camera fine for a few months, and all of a sudden today it froze when I was taking pictures. As in: the red light on the top of the unit keeps flashing. The screen has the image frozen and it doesnt respond to any of the keys - even power off. I kept it in the cradle, tried all buttons. Took the SD card out and put it in again.

I am using a 8GB card..I cannot imagine the card is full. but not sure...I dont have an adapter to put it in and try reading from a PC to verify...

Anyone else see this happen?
rajeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 5:37 PM   #810

camera crash, will needbattery removed allow a few secs then reinsert see if that resets it? I am sure there is no reset but thatishow we handel crashs.