Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:37 AM   #811

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
camera crash, will needbattery removed allow a few secs then reinsert see if that resets it? I am sure there is no reset but thatishow we handel crashs.
thanks. that worked
rajeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 1:38 AM   #812

Another question:

I have taken almost 50 indoor photos, and all of them have lot of red-eye. Is there some way to not have it ( I know the camera has a way to edit the photo to get rid of red-eye)...but when I compare this to my Canon S50, the latter wouldnt have as many.

Thanks
rajeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:22 AM   #813

camera on mode, folder 1 find flash and you see forced flash auto and off

where is RED EYE FLASH LMAO

pg 77 talks about flash101 also, 222-224 talks abount hints and only page I found 130 Red eye reduction software built in.

This camera does not have red eye flash my less expensive model says on/off and includes it so possably we ed to learn a new trick on how to take a flash pic

would a bigger distance needed an dzoom work? would flashing an additional light just before the inntial flash help out. or just editing? we'll have to practice using other tecniques.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 8:58 AM   #814

rajeshh wrote:
Quote:
Another question:

I have taken almost 50 indoor photos, and all of them have lot of red-eye. Is there some way to not have it ( I know the camera has a way to edit the photo to get rid of red-eye)...but when I compare this to my Canon S50, the latter wouldnt have as many.

Thanks
The basic problem is the flash position, direction of the light, and it's closeness to the lens. If the flash were off the lens axis you wouldn't see the red eye (or see it as often). However, that's not possible with the HD700's internal flash.

Some regular cameras will pre-flash and then flash again, causeing the subjet's pupils to contract which reduces the amount of light traveling to the retina in the back of the eye and back through the blood vessels (that's why it's red), this can lessen and even eliminate it. However, I don't think the HD700 does.

There are aftermaket flashes that will trigger from the HD700's flash and using one of those and partially covering the HD700's flash so it was just enough to trigger the other flash would work. Otherwise, shoot with other lights, or get good at removing the red eye.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 9:31 AM   #815

Sanyo a single flash takes 2 secs or less to charge.

my other one takes 5 secs or more to charge and tosses a pre, and a flash.

Sanyo needs to add a duel flash takes time to get things right? that means battery life from 80 minutes went down to 50 minutes lol
Old Jan 27, 2008, 2:58 PM   #816

Well I decided to return the camera after all and have completed the amazon.com return process. All I need to do is take it to my local UPS tomorrow.

I really tried to like this camera but I am of the opinion that if I am not 100% happy with a product it's better to return it than regret it later. I don't just use these for adhoc fun, I like them to earn their keep so to speak and use them at kids parties etc. I tried to kid myself that the video function was the only important part but I was also using the still image function since it's awkward at times trying to use two cameras at once:lol: and frankly found it to be subpar even compared to my C40. What was odd, was that many of my images taken with a flash were also quite noisy at times suggesting the flash wasn't quite powerful enough even for the short range I was using it. I thought it was just me or maybe my camera was defective but I noticed another reviewer on amazon.com mentioned the exact same thing. Also as I showed you before I had some rather odd effects with the flash whiting out the side of the image at times. Also I didn't like the barrel distortion. Yes I know it can be 'fixed' with software but I like to keep extra work to a minimum as once it gets too tedious I begin not to use a device as much.

The video outdoors was great and I had no problem with it, but I do tend to use my cameras indoors. Of course I don't expect them to perform where lighting is non existent but in regular venues such as peter piper pizza etc. I just found the video to be a bit grainier than I'd prefer compared to other cameras I've had.

Now remember these are only my reasons for returning the camera and I am not trying to bash this camera as I do think for daylight video it is very good indeed, just that in the end, it was not quite good enough for my purposes. Perhaps Sanyo might learn from the reaction to this model and fix some of it's shortcomings (which should be easy to fix) and produce a future model. Maybe they already have and it's sitting in their design studio now, but it's probably going to be a long wait in anycase so I'll continue looking around.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 4:43 PM   #817

What can we say, we all have different taiste, some may be very expensive, some very economical, but all in all no matter how you look at it, all works out at the end.

Sanyo, Aiptek, or mustek does not make any difference, these Hybrids are mainly used outdoors during the day.

Low light, or lux, resolution, flash,battery life, and file size are most common questions among the hybrids.

My Motto was always No video , no light , light on the object, video filmed.

These are toys in a professionals hand and a photographer, doing video becomes an Amature and given up on vidoes before even interested in starting out.

thanks............................................ ...................................FISHY

Well one of these three may wet your appititie?

No offense in any way, shape or form is being directed to any one particular individual, just a general observation thank you

Old Jan 27, 2008, 4:51 PM   #818

Fishy,

I'll take the one at the bottom as it's more portable :G

Quote:
No offense in any way, shape or form is being directed to any one particular individual, just a general observation thank you
Nah admit it, yah making fun of me :lol:

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:07 PM   #819

not intended towards you RGV. i know you better than that . the IS-DV-to- the sanyo. yep so here I'll get you one of these instead.

Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:52 PM   #820

I've seen people come and go with this camera. Amazes me as my stuff with it has been pretty darn good. I love this camera and carry it everywhere I go. Videos, stills, etc. Works great!

Maybe I lucked out and got the only HD700 that works! :lol:

http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007
http://www.vimeo.com/videos/search:visorblue

I just read in another forum where someone wasn't happy with the low light performance of their new Canon XH-A1 ($3,500). If you shoot in the dark you get dim, dark, low color, low contrast, etc. pictures/videos. Images from a camera with terrific low light performance will still look dim, dark, low color, low contrast, etc. -- and someone will say the camera is terrible in low light. My thinking is that a LOT of people would be much better off if they invested in some light bulbs! :lol:

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote