Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:08 PM   #821

VisorBlue excellent survey there.

We stepped out of the Stone age no mor rock drawings, and paint .

it may be best to keep to a desposable :G

I will take the sanyo with me everyday, as well. I may not shoot the same night ride, but hey if I see something that I like I best shoot 15 secs, then at a certain time I can edit and make a vid.

the software is super slow not made for the sanyo files. but hey it works asa converter that'sall for me.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:11 PM   #822

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
I've seen people come and go with this camera. Amazes me as my stuff with it has been pretty darn good. I love this camera and carry it everywhere I go. Videos, stills, etc. Works great!

Maybe I lucked out and got the only HD700 that works! :lol:

http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007
http://www.vimeo.com/videos/search:visorblue

I just read in another forum where someone wasn't happy with the low light performance of their new Canon XH-A1 ($3,500). If you shoot in the dark you get dim, dark, low color, low contrast, etc. pictures/videos. Images from a camera with terrific low light performance will still look dim, dark, low color, low contrast, etc. -- and someone will say the camera is terrible in low light. My thinking is that a LOT of people would be much better off if they invested in some light bulbs! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I am realistic in my expectations but it was a combination of factors for me. In the usual situations I was using it, tI felt that there was just 'something not quite right' and I did give it the benefit of the doubt for as long as I could but alas I felt it was better to return it this time.

I gave it a good length of time to 'grow on me' but I guess in the end we were just not qute right for each other :G

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:22 PM   #823

Today, I thought i stretch my fingers. when I stepped outside, I ran back in, and got only a few secs of film. i am amazed to see a Horse patrol, the last time was around 10 years ago my big dawg Sam, was shocked. LOL the littled dog barking was 60 feet away.

http://www.vimeo.com/641991allow time from 720 pm

What realy is amazing on any given quiet day the sound, is truely in stereo, hiss or not.

these are the things we appriciate.

Possably like I posted before and am reminding others that their return time is near. mine isno way going back I have a model I believe is perfect and a diffrent lott.

Rgvcam mentions he has a focus, and barrel isue with sound not to his liking.

what are your thoughts?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:46 AM   #824

I'm going to have to agree with you, rgvcam ,on how noisy it gets when you use the flash. Unless you bought this camera to shoot videos at your own home--which defeats the purpose of having a portable camera-- it's not possible to just add more bulbs. Like I said before in a previous post, I gave up on low light situation whether it's still or video but I'm still keeping it because with ample amount of light the footage is quite exceptional.
jd2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:57 PM   #825

jd2k1 wrote:
Quote:
I'm going to have to agree with you, rgvcam ,on how noisy it gets when you use the flash. Unless you bought this camera to shoot videos at your own home--which defeats the purpose of having a portable camera-- it's not possible to just add more bulbs. Like I said before in a previous post, I gave up on low light situation whether it's still or video but I'm still keeping it because with ample amount of light the footage is quite exceptional.
When I first noticed it, I was taking photos of a piƱata outside a pizza place in the evening. I initially thought it was the reflection of tiny dust particles you sometimes get, it was that noisy.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:14 PM   #826

Hybrid camcorders, started out with "NO FLASH" then they work up to making one. low lux camcorder it is not but one must know how to film in low light situations, I wonder how a cinima movie makes their video at night?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:46 PM   #827

Here are some videos I took this weekend with the camera. its my first time taking out the camera since I recieved it. The video doesnt look as good as others I have seen. Is there anything I can do ? I had it on P 1/60 auto white balance, Stabalizer off, Face Tracker off, Video Noise Reduction ON, Audio Noise Reduction ON, auto ISO, focus set at 9AF and the one with the guy and the mountain. Focus didnt seem to work so well even if I went and focused to infinity and then uer focus lock..

http://www.vimeo.com/qwikcut

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 7:03 PM   #828

HEy DJ. walking and filming do not mix, the video is grainy but clear on vid 1 sometimes the first vids are tossed vids and practice

thesec is not good but perfect b/c most do not understand the rain forest is not a well lit enviorement and they believe if they can see their food they should see their vid

What I can recommend is reset the cam do not any noise filter at all unless it is windy. try using white balance CLOUDY even soft vivid,

Indoor night Portrait but have you a tripo b/c the shutter needs a smooth hand

We all have opinions and observations I am not perfect just need that third vid lol thanks for sharing all looks perfect, thesound the vid and the scenery

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
Here are some videos I took this weekend with the camera. its my first time taking out the camera since I recieved it. The video doesnt look as good as others I have seen. Is there anything I can do ? I had it on P 1/60 auto white balance, Stabalizer off, Face Tracker off, Video Noise Reduction ON, Audio Noise Reduction ON, auto ISO, focus set at 9AF and the one with the guy and the mountain. Focus didnt seem to work so well even if I went and focused to infinity and then uer focus lock..

Old Jan 28, 2008, 7:09 PM   #829

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
HEy DJ. walking and filming do not mix, the video is grainy but clear on vid 1 sometimes the first vids are tossed vids and practice

thesec is not good but perfect b/c most do not understand the rain forest is not a well lit enviorement and they believe if they can see their food they should see their vid

What I can recommend is reset the cam do not any noise filter at all unless it is windy. try using white balance CLOUDY even soft vivid,

Indoor night Portrait but have you a tripo b/c the shutter needs a smooth hand

We all have opinions and observations I am not perfect just need that third vid lol thanks for sharing all looks perfect, thesound the vid and the scenery

djqwik wrote:
Quote:

I just put up 2 more. let me know what you think. I know walking and filming are not good.. Especially with this camera. what I would like to know is that I see some HD700 videos that the colors are viberent and there is almost NO noise. My outdoor video didnt look like that. I also know that this camera is rated about 13 LUX so I know that that restaurtant would not get good video. However, I could ISO higher and then get video but grainy footage......

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 7:42 PM   #830

car shot is perfect needs no noise filter

Will check back later Vimeo takes time for loading:

If the rainforest had a white background it work out fine but it is a dark background

and that is why most videos will become beyond viewable.