Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:36 PM   #841

I have made a video of thesanyo xacti and library

http://www.vimeo.com/621716

manual tells you if it is self powered, will not work. but one can always modify a dc power to it
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:11 PM   #842

I dont know if you will wnt to keep your still camera at home. I took some photos with the HD700 and was not impressed. I have a small NIKON camera and a bigger fuji camera. I think for most shots I would take the nikon which is also pocket sized and the HD700. OF course, when I go to shoot things like a piano convert or something I would use my SONY SD MINI-DV camera as it is a much better picture and I can plug in an exernal mic which I need. but for most everything else the hd700 is great
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:01 PM   #843

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I have made a video of thesanyo xacti and library

http://www.vimeo.com/621716

manual tells you if it is self powered, will not work. but one can always modify a dc power to it
THANKS fishycomics, I watched your video which was excellent, but somehow I missed the drive power requirements. I need to download the library manual
bobballoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:23 PM   #844

sanyo library manual has it 30 plus pages towards the back.

a option that members do notknow or can appriciate later on, if on a vacation or even those who need a seperate pc or do not have one

I own, and owned quite a few economy and good cams. i agree and cannot complain.

but I believe I am very happy snapping photos with the sanyo Xacti Hd700. the casio EX-V7 50/50 shots some good some blur . the Aiptek a lil stuter but paitience the sanyo no headaches

One cannot be happy all the time

Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:04 PM   #845

smudgermac wrote:
Quote:
Do you think the HD 700 will let me keep my existing still and HD camcorder at home - most of the time ? I have no issue reserving my SR1 for longer, jmportant footage. I am hoping the HS 700 will replace my still camera WITH the option of better than HD2 level HD video.
The HD700 is a better option *if* your primary desire is to have a camera that's always with you. If you're looking for higher quality and don't mind the camera being a bit bigger the HD1000 is a better choice with the 1080i, 10x zoom, and f1.8 lens. There's a HD1000 thread here as well, check into that one.

My favorite HD1000 video: http://gallery.mac.com/xacti#100000

For my personal taste if I wanted higher video quality and didn't mind a slightly bigger camera I'd get a Canon HV20. Check out http://www.hv20.com
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:38 AM   #846

isn't this why they made the Hd700 fortohse who do not have the extra dough to cough up its half the power of the Hd1000 and far better then the older units
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:09 AM   #847

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
isn't this why they made the Hd700 fortohse who do not have the extra dough to cough up its half the power of the Hd1000 and far better then the older units
Well, when I started looking at the HD700 it was $550 and the HD1000 was $700 so it wasn't a drastic price difference. I didn't get the HD1000 simply for size then. I knew it had better resolution, a longer, faster lens, 60i and 30p, mic jack, and shoe. I went and played with one but the size didn't work for me. Even today, with hindsight, if I could do it all over again (and I can) I'd stick with the HD700. My needs and style are different than others and some would much prefer the HD1000 -- especially the low light shooters, they wouldn't be happy, but happier.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:51 PM   #848

Hello there, my first input in this forum wich I read with pleasure. Based on samples and stories I bought myself one and I must say it's a nifty little cam. Handled well it produces pretty good footage, especially if you take size and price in account. I'm even pleased with low light capability, just don't go over 100 iso. It needs to be handled carefully and velvet movement. The only downside is the wideangle, you hardly can call it 'wide' , it's more like standard. if used in fast motion like skiing I'm afraid the footage will be to bumpy. But well, I'm taking it to my vacation to venezuela next monday and I'm quite confident it will do the job.
In my box I found a HDMI cable, maybe only for the european market. One other amazing thing I found out is something happened by accident. I compared the size with my mobile (motorola V3razr) and held it against the screen side of the sanyo and it switched on. Any idea how that can be? Anyway, thumbs up for this cam.
Greetings from Holland.
winner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:30 PM   #849

the Sanyo may be powered on by an on/off switch, and then can be powered onby theflip of thescreen

this is doneby a magnetic switch if you use a magnet it will do just that and that is why your cam went on try holding down the on/off f r a full off then try it?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:32 PM   #850

http://www.vimeo.com/653526

Here is a 3 plus vid enjoy