Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 31, 2008, 8:01 PM   #851

winner61 wrote:
Quote:
I'm even pleased with low light capability, just don't go over 100 iso. It needs to be handled carefully and velvet movement.
Well, now we all know you work for Sanyo! :lol:

Welcome to the club!

Quote:
The only downside is the wideangle, you hardly can call it 'wide'
Not many camcorders are wide on the wide end. I have adapters for my others as well as the Sanyo. What works is the Phoenix M-Power 0.45x (M for magnetic mount). If you can find the large one you'll be pleased. For sking you'll want to tape or Velco it on. Not sure if anyone has come up with a way to mount it more securely yet or not.

Samples here: http://gallery.mac.com/crosby007#100210 of here if you don't have QuickTime: http://www.vimeo.com/440418

Enjoy your vacation!
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 4:11 AM   #852

I'm a bit from the proffesional side, I also own a panasonic HVX200E. Complete other leage. So I look at it as a handy tool. If you know how to handle it you can get good results. Offcourse low light shot's are never great, not even with a hvx200. Anyway, enjoy! Thanks for the tip Visor.

magnetic field make sense, maybe there is a very flat little magnet you can stick to it for the ones who want to use the camera without the screen. The screen lights anyway so it's no powersaver.

greetz!
winner61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:42 AM   #853

the lvd tft screen andrecord time is one hour plus, no matter how you look at it. best long lasting way for recording is a external battery pack, home made or store bought.

securing a magnet, thought you said my cam came on by mistake next t oa other item..

there is a magnet, that swipes off the sd card slot area it is about the size of a rice grain.

In order to stop this on/off either you remove the lcd and magnet, or place a non matelic metal where it is loccated.

"where is Kitty" a movie I remember seeing. a night scene ifthey did. wonder if I do the same would comparing this to the actual scene help LMAO

nope, it is the User( general) shot first read later
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:18 PM   #854

winner61 wrote:
Quote:
I'm a bit from the proffesional side, I also own a panasonic HVX200E. Complete other leage. So I look at it as a handy tool. If you know how to handle it you can get good results. Offcourse low light shot's are never great, not even with a hvx200. Anyway, enjoy! Thanks for the tip Visor.
I was looking at a XH-A1 from a friend that didn't like it after only a few months and bought a XDCAM EX1. I like the HVX200 but not the price of the P2 cards -- or the SxS cards nor the XDCAM.:-) The coming Z7U uses CompactFlash cards, now that I like. Then, you get to work on strategies for archiving the footage. What's your B-roll?

If you don't plan to use the built-flash, and don't care for the lens cap, the M-Power comes with a couple adhesive rings that should help hold it on. They cover the flash and you can't use the lens cap. The lens easily fits in a shirt pocket.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 7:22 AM   #855

B-roll has a little to many meanings so I'm not sure what you are asking. I am now mostly in marketing video's as in product testing by consumers and editing compilations of marketing research. BTW I'm gone for almost a month tomorrow so I propably will not answer a while.
It's true the P2 cards are expensive (still) so for now I only use DV tape. I think in a few months it will change. If there is HD demand I will rent P2 or Firestoredrive.

About the wide lens, it will be an thing for after my holidays.

cheers!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:36 AM   #856

winner61 wrote:
Quote:
B-roll has a little to many meanings so I'm not sure what you are asking.
Sorry, I meant your B-roll camera, your backup or 2nd camera to go with your HVX200. The Canon HV20 is a popular choice and was just curious of what you're using.

Here's Jamie Wright setting up his B-roll Canon HV20 next to a Sony Z1U for a shoot at Adobe:

Old Feb 3, 2008, 1:11 PM   #857

Still have my VX-1000e in mint condition and a little trv-11e, so bothSony's.

Last post guys for this month, leaving soon now. Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 2:31 PM   #858

There was an antique car show here yesterday and I took my trusty Sanyo HD700 and Phoenix M-Power 0.45x lens and explored. http://www.vimeo.com/660670
Old Feb 3, 2008, 2:42 PM   #859

VB.. Thank you for the Share, I felt like I was there, very professional, and well done.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 4:19 PM   #860

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
VB.. Thank you for the Share, I felt like I was there, very professional, and well done.
Thanks. There's a lot that I didn't use. May re-do it later but wanted to get something up. Too bad it wasn't a 2-day event as I'd go back as I have other ideas. "Hindsight is 20/20."