Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 4, 2008, 4:31 AM   #861

By the looks of it it was big enough, of a event. I am sure if in the javetz center you be there allday and need to get multi floors and sections making it days of footage looking foward to seeing more if dome
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:31 AM   #862

Hi, I also use adapters with my hd700 which I already had from my stillcam finepix f-30 equipment , the M-Power 0.45x wide-angle with macro and a Hama Pol-Filter, both sized 27mm at bottom .
Then for the hd700 I specifically bought me a hama 0.5x magnetic wide-angle lens, 22mm bottom sized (mostly recommended for mobile phones with cam function) for 10 EUR on ebay germany.
So as you can see on the picture I glued the 22mm magnetic metal ring on the Xacti. The size is perfect and this way the magetic lens adapters are mounted securely. It´s even strong enough to fix the bigger M-Power lens and the Pol-Filter. And the nice thing about it, even the plastic lenscap fits without problems with the ring, means you nearly need no modification and the ring can be removed without residue.
The 22mm Hama lens has a little less wide-angle than the M-Power, but it works great with the hd700 video in 16:9 HD and it´s rather small. But it´s not recommended for stills: I don´t know why, the hd700 16:9 still has more wide-angle than the HD-Video and because of the small diameter the 22mm lens produces dark edges on stills.

Have fun,
OH

Attached Images

*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:38 PM   #863

ring or not the sanyo is metal andwill magnetically stic. ring is not on my Sanyo but my Aiptek which is a perfect fit and more trust worthy the sanyo i am afraind if not cautious it will fall, and will.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:23 PM   #864

*derxxsfilmer* wrote:
Quote:
So as you can see on the picture I glued the 22mm magnetic metal ring on the Xacti. The size is perfect and this way the magetic lens adapters are mounted securely. It´s even strong enough to fix the bigger M-Power lens and the Pol-Filter.
Hmm. Now that I never thought of. May take my HD700 and Phoenix 0.45x to a hardware store and see what they have in smaller rings that I can glue to the camera. Would be great if it's a stronger hold. What pol-filter are you using?

Quote:
But it´s not recommended for stills: I don´t know why, the hd700 16:9 still has more wide-angle than the HD-Video and because of the small diameter the 22mm lens produces dark edges on stills.
In video the HD700 uses a 2-3mp (1280x720) portion of the sensor (I'm no engineer, just guessing) but in photo mode it uses the larger 7mp (3072x2304) area. That would account for the increase in angle when switching from HD video to stills.

Note: I've been wrong before. :lol:
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:09 PM   #865

yes, it´s a much better hold with the 22mm ring, without the ring my m-power lens easily and often droped off the cam.
the ring also holds the pol-filter (comes without security loop) perfectly. it was too risky to use it without the ring - even though it´s magetic the hold on the cam was not strong enough.
the pol-filter is a hama pl cir 27mm magnet (uv-filter incl.).
i have to mention that the 22mm ring does not affect the field of view at all.
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:27 PM   #866

*derxxsfilmer* wrote:
Quote:
yes, it´s a much better hold with the 22mm ring, without the ring my m-power lens easily and often droped off the cam.
the pol-filter is a hama pl cir 27mm magnet (uv-filter incl.).
i have to mention that the 22mm ring does not affect the field of view at all.
The filter is threaded, too. Nice find, thanks!

Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:39 PM   #867

ifsites for both are available i may look into , not tryin gto say I am lazy but maybe something that may work out

if a threaded wide angle can beworked out glueing would not be an issue

male/male thread adapter anda wide angle lens sweet
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:58 PM   #868

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
ifsites for both are available i may look into , not tryin gto say I am lazy but maybe something that may work out

if a threaded wide angle can beworked out glueing would not be an issue

male/male thread adapter anda wide angle lens sweet
Haven't found them in the U.S. yet. No idea about adding threads to the lens though. Would seem possible if you can find a 22mm or so piece to glue to the body.

For my needs the Phoenix M-Power is fine.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:33 AM   #869

seen a Amazon Uk site that is why i asked
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:32 AM   #870

I just ordered a couple 3' TOSLink optical cables (audio fiber optic cables) as I found out you can use them to transit remote control signals from behind the camera. My JVC doesn't have a LANC jack (my Optura does) and this is a cheap way of adding that to the camera for use with a tripod or my Fig Rig. Would work with the Sanyo HD700 and pretty much anything else that has a remote, too.

Paid $6.50 for two 3' ones, delivered, on ebay. If interested, search ebay for "TOSLink optical cable" they come in 3', 6', 12', 25' and 50' lengths.