Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:51 PM   #901

watt about ulitlizing the ear peice as a support for the magnetic wide angle?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 4:45 PM   #902

Quote:
With "high sensitivity" off, it works pretty well but depending on subject material it can sometimes unlock and reframe abruptly enough to actually add some unwanted jitter. In general, it seems to work best when stabilizing hand held stationary zoomed in shots... just to remove hand shake. If you add camera movements, it can be a little unpredictable.
My Sanyo C40 does this as well. If you are walking, you can see the image jerk constantly and it appears to be worse than with it off, probably because the movement of the camera is quick for the image stabiliser and it has to play 'catch up' which gives the appearance of the image being jerked around.

My old JVC VHS-C also had EIS and it seemed to cope much better with walking while the EIS was on and was actually quite watchable. This is probably due to the fact that it had a lot more mass than these much smaller cameras which acts like a damper so the EIS doesn't have as much movement to try and correct.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:00 PM   #903

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
SO let me ask this.. Ive been reading about the image stabilization on the HD700. I see how when on, it re-frames the video. Does it really make that much difference when shooting HD with the camera? I watched the video demo someone shoot with the books and saw how much it cropped off, but does it change the quality of the final product? I havent shot with it yet but I assume the screen will show the framing difference when shooting.
I don't use it much (I did the books demo) but it works and yes, you see the framing in the screen. My suggestion is that since the camera is digital and there's no cost to you to test, test it and see what you get.

Quote:
Also how is everyone getting such viberent colors? mine look washed out.
Wel, you can post some samples so we can see what you're getting to offer some help. 90+% of mine are shot in Normal and Auto, haven't used Simple nor the Full Auto buttom (I forget it's there). I shoot in either Soft or Soft Vivid as that's my personal taste. Again, run some tests with the various settings, changing the EV, etc. and see what you like best.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:02 PM   #904

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
watt about ulitlizing the ear peice as a support for the magnetic wide angle?
I don't think it's needed. Just those to arcs are enough for my needs, definitely a better hold.

Ever use headsets with the HD700? I did and WOW no volume problems then. :shock:
Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:09 PM   #905

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
My Sanyo C40 does this as well. If you are walking, you can see the image jerk constantly and it appears to be worse than with it off, probably because the movement of the camera is quick for the image stabiliser and it has to play 'catch up' which gives the appearance of the image being jerked around.
Walking is a lot of movement and rocking (wobbling, controlled falling, etc.) for a OIS, EIS, etc., to correct. The camera stabilizers are mostly designed to offset camera shake from you standing still and shooting, we shake quite a bit without moving, too. A gyro stablizer will fix that but they're pricey.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 7:18 AM   #906

it is a beter hold with te Aiptek I have bu tstill not a strong hold I would love to see two magnets on and then that would work it is still not at rusted one with the square metal housing of the Hd700
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:25 PM   #907

Greetings to you all, from Portugal.

I've just ordered a Xacti VPC HD700. I read almost every post on this forum... and now i just don't know if ishould keep it or send it back when it arrives. Are you still satisfied with its global performance? I don't know a lot about video or photography. I've just done some "small pretty things" with a very cheap camcorder in an intuitive basis; I like photo and video editing a lot, and i'd love to learn a lot more.

But...I don't have an HD TV, my pc screen is a Hanns-G HU 196D 19'' and my desktop (AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1,92GHz 1GB RAM) ispretty slow when i do video editing with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9...

So... Will i be able to edit the MPEG4 videos in this software? Can i connect the HD 700 to my Tv set and watch the videos directly? Can i shoot videos/photos in HD quality and burn them into a normal DVD, read them with my "normal" DVD player andTV or in my desktop? Will i get better quality images or not?

Thank you for helping me
(Sorry... I posted this somewhere else as a new topic in the forum...:roll
BeeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:30 PM   #908

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
it is a beter hold with te Aiptek I have bu tstill not a strong hold I would love to see two magnets on and then that would work it is still not at rusted one with the square metal housing of the Hd700
With the two arcs it works considerably better with the HD700 which is what I was after. I'm not sure that the 22mm ring would be much better since it wasn't really any better with the "C" modification than the arcs and you're saying it's still not a strong hold on the Aiptek using the full ring. I'm happy with thecurrent setup. A threaded adapter would be better, but that's not going to happen on the HD700 so I'll use what I have.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:56 PM   #909

yes I am saying with the orginal ring it has not a strong feel.

As for the above poster Yes is your answer, but one must read the requirements
Old Feb 9, 2008, 3:38 PM   #910

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
With the two arcs it works considerably better with the HD700 which is what I was after. I'm not sure that the 22mm ring would be much better since it wasn't really any better with the "C" modification than the arcs and you're saying it's still not a strong hold on the Aiptek using the full ring. I'm happy with thecurrent setup. A threaded adapter would be better, but that's not going to happen on the HD700 so I'll use what I have.
Your mod with the two arcs looks good and it´s the best budgetpriced way. I agree with you and don´t believe it so that the 22mm ring would be better with the large lens. With the 22mm ring I can pick the camera up by the small lens, but not by my large one. I would keep this setup.
What I would like is a magnetic wide-angle lens adapter - as we use it - but threaded at the top to make it possible to use different threaded filters in front of it.
Never saw something.
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote