Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 9, 2008, 3:59 PM   #911

This is a clip I made with my hd700 and 27mm pol-filter adapter at setting soft vivid image, auto iso, white balance daylight. The filter increases contrast and the blue sky.
http://www.vimeo.com/676526
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 4:38 PM   #912

*derxxsfilmer* wrote:
Quote:
This is a clip I made with my hd700 and 27mm pol-filter adapter at setting soft vivid image, auto iso, white balance daylight. The filter increases contrast and the blue sky.
http://www.vimeo.com/676526
Beautiful area, I miss being near water. When you weren't shooting into the sun the colors looked quite good.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 9:05 PM   #913

Here's a couple cheap pocketable camera stablizers, people have been using these for years and years; string, thin chains, rope...:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...v55/ai_7860239

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/104194...se_the_tripod/

Make your own or purchase one (scroll down to strap-pod:
http://www.kirkphoto.com/accessories.html#strappo
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:06 AM   #914

thought igo into Home depot, I walked in one door , and out the other . they are now not the best place for parts on my list, but more a self service place. trying to get something so simple would be the most difficult. like I said I found on the job the rings I need, will cut to size and glue to the sanyo hd700. I have that spare for my other Aiptek. The ones ifound are a diameter or a a half diameter shy of the orginal one. a magnet will do the job for sure, but the one on the wide angle is weak I prefere it to grip. so i shall still do whats best protect it from slipping
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:22 AM   #915

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
trying to get something so simple would be the most difficult. like I said I found on the job the rings I need, will cut to size and glue to the sanyo hd700. I have that spare for my other Aiptek.
That's the problem with three pocket cams and two rings. :lol:

Home Depot is not the best for finding that kind of stuff, I go to a smaller hardware store for that type of thing, you pay more but help is easier to find.

Dawned on it today that I've yet to try the HD700 in DV mode so I did a quick test. I knew the HD700 is wider in stills than in HD mode but seeing it wider in DV video, too, surprised me. Not a flaw, just different. My JVC is wider in HD than in DV. Interesting.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:55 AM   #916

I do my filming in HD-Dv ior HQ as it says. it is wider? I preferre not to use the highest settinghave no use for a larger fileof the same size. both cams or three. are the same wide shots I use the wide angle for the body shot in the house. will eventually use it more then less. will also look fora wider angle lens. I just lookedat a Door viewer (hint) will work too
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:27 PM   #917

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I do my filming in HD-Dv ior HQ as it says. it is wider?
I use the SHQ quality setting. Try this, shoot something in HD-HQ and then, in the same position, shoot the same thing in TV-HQ. Actually, you don't have to shoot anything, you can see it in the LCD.

Quote:
I preferre not to use the highest settinghave no use for a larger fileof the same size. both cams or three. are the same wide shots I use the wide angle for the body shot in the house. will eventually use it more then less. will also look fora wider angle lens. I just lookedat a Door viewer (hint) will work too
I have an 8GB SDHC card in mine and prefer the highest quality setting which lessens the potential for compression artifacts.

Good luck with the fisheye.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:48 PM   #918

I manage to cutthewasher and just need to glue on, will not be able to attach the lens cap, but will see.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 2:25 PM   #919

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I manage to cutthewasher and just need to glue on, will not be able to attach the lens cap, but will see.
The machine spacer I bought is 3-4x the thickness of the rings that came with the Phoenix lens. How thick is your washer? You could make two arcs. :-)

When I took the snaps to show the arcs, etc. I was amazed at how dusty my lens was. I didn't even know it until I saw the pictures on the screen. :-)
Old Feb 10, 2008, 2:35 PM   #920

the rings i found are of equil thickness , of the orginal andwill not close with the lenscap so no matter if it is like yours or mine it will not close