Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 10, 2008, 4:45 PM   #921

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the rings i found are of equil thickness , of the orginal andwill not close with the lenscap so no matter if it is like yours or mine it will not close
Well, now you get to make a magentic lenscap. :-)
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:04 PM   #922

Well, this weekend, I took my camera to NYC and walked around with it in the daytime and nightime and boy amd I impressed. I had it set on SOFT VIVID and it is really nice! I like being able to EDIT and join and cut the videos right in the camera. I also loved the fact that I could take stills and then use the RED EYE remover to get rid of it and it worked perfectly! I shot at ISO 200 and the focus and picture quality was awesome. I see a tun of negative recievs on AMAZON.COM and for people who didnt read the manual and are trying it on auto mode, they wont like it.

But for the rest of us.. what a great camera.. the quality is actually better then the video I took in Atlantic City. I will pose some up soon...

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:37 AM   #923
FLG

You just have been lucky.
Trust me we try all of non auto settings and did not work. Probably they did have 2 batches of this camera. One with plenty of defects another one with
step up quality control. When you read so many similar complaints on Amazon and here something must be true.
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:37 AM   #924

I dont know... I dont want to start an argument but most of the comments I read on amazon dont mention ANYTHING about setting any manual controls or ISO or anything. They just say they bought the camera, took video and it looks bad. Before I lbought mine, I looked at the sample videos people took on here. Then I bought one and my video didnt look anywhere near the samples. BUT with reading this thread (along with other ones), reading the manual and using the camera to figure out the different settings, NOW the camera takes shots as good or better then what I see on here ...

I honestly thing its just that people didnt set the camera connectly.. I know you say that people have tried manual settings but not knowiing, what MANUAL settings to use is no better then using the auto settings. I'm not aying I am an expert on this camera (I still find out new things when I use it and I am still learning) and I am not saying people on here didnt know what to set... However from what I read, especially on amazon, it appears no one knew what to set for manual and to me it just appears that it was a buy camera, take out of box, shoot and assume you would get video a good as your cheap mini-DV camera. I know that wasnt the case for me when I got it.

just my 2 cents. I odnt want to start any argument. Maybe some people are expecting a lot more for the price they pay.

Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:08 AM   #925

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I honestly thing its just that people didnt set the camera connectly.. I know you say that people have tried manual settings but not knowiing, what MANUAL settings to use is no better then using the auto settings. I'm not aying I am an expert on this camera (I still find out new things when I use it and I am still learning) and I am not saying people on here didnt know what to set... However from what I read, especially on amazon, it appears no one knew what to set for manual and to me it just appears that it was a buy camera, take out of box, shoot and assume you would get video a good as your cheap mini-DV camera. I know that wasnt the case for me when I got it.

just my 2 cents. I odnt want to start any argument. Maybe some people are expecting a lot more for the price they pay.
I have to agree. The first time I used mine it looked awful. When in auto mode or even manual with auto ISO, the resulting video is very noisy. But in manual ISO and limited to 200 or lower, it looks a lot better.

One problem for me is that I have nothing to compare it to except my little Fuji F30 still camera. The F30 takes terrific low light photos, but you can't compare it to the HD700 because the shutter speed in the Fuji can go a lot lower than 1/30 second to get good low noise images. I tried shooting in the family room with the HD700 and the F30 with the F30 limited to 1/30 second and ISO1600, and the resulting image was darker than the video from the HD700.

I am also finding that I need to skip that extra cup of coffee when trying to shoot zoomed in.... the stabilization can't keep up with the resulting hand shakes when you zoom

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 1:26 PM   #926

your opinion means the whole world here.

Hybrid camcorder is out, the sanyos xacti's, they offer model A,B,C etc. and the price for these are higher and higher each time, seeing the last one the HD1000 at nearly 800.00. Sanyo offers the Hd700 at a new low price for Winter a special 299.99, even lower at 280.00 plus, can one pass a Deal up, or 'too good to be true"

264.00 still a steal for a refurbished model. The company offers many manual controls for those who want to step out of the Auto field, even the Simple Full Auto field. You do not have to. reading the manual, taking that time to film etc.

What I haveseen on a more professional model I may not think this Sanyo can replicate, the scenic Modes are for stills, and not Pics, but hey who knows testing is always needed.

Be happy with what you have , and enjoy the moment on film. those who only wanted their hands on these were serious, or not they basically did or did not have the paitience or time to learn something new.

never a doubt I am happy I purchased a new one at the correct time, that i thank you

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I have to agree.

I am also finding that I need to skip that extra cup of coffee when trying to shoot zoomed in.... the stabilization can't keep up with the resulting hand shakes when you zoom

Paul
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 1:37 PM   #927

Not to change the current subject, but.....

Anyone else had issues rendering a video to DVD in Premiere Elements? I am upgrading my desktop so it can run Elements and in the mean time have been using my Thinkpad X41 laptop (XP Pro, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM). Elements runs OK and playback is almost OK.... sound and video drift out of synch slowly because the CPU hits 100% at times. When I put together a string of clips and try to burn it to DVD, the transcoding begins but stops at between 5% and 6% with a "transcoding error". I have no idea why. I have the page file disabled but I seem to be using about 500MB of my total 1.5GB RAM so I don't think that is the problem. And there is plenty of room on the hard drive.

Until the render errors, I was impressed with Elements. Easier to use than Studio (which I hated).

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 1:41 PM   #928

I bet it has somerthing to do with your processor and memory. I will try to burn some files this week and let you know.. I have a 3GHZ pentium 4 with 1GB ram...
-----
also, a few message ago, I was told to use the SOLD VIVID for my video. Now I see a reply saying its for stills???

Send
Old Feb 11, 2008, 9:13 PM   #929

Question... I shot some video and want to edit it in the Premiere Elements that came with the camera. WHen I am finished editing, how do I export the time line so that it is in the correct MPEG-4 h,264 standard so I can put it back on the memory card to pllay in HD on my plasma tv?

Thanks...

Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:12 AM   #930

Hi all....

I am new to this site and very new to cameras....

I am very interested in buying the Hd 700 but don't have a high definition tv?
Would this cause any problems?

I was hoping to record clips on the highest setting and put them on dvd, but would hate if they were jolty as I dont have a high def TV ?

Will this matter ?

Sorry if I sound a bit ignorant but as I say am pretty new to this..

Would love someones help...

Thanks guys... :?
Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote