Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:16 AM   #931

According to the manual that you can today go online and use, you can hook up to the 420/720 input.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:45 AM   #932

there are tabs just under thefile edit etc that says Export

also in File

then follow ..................

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
Question... I shot some video and want to edit it in the Premiere Elements that came with the camera. WHen I am finished editing, how do I export the time line so that it is in the correct MPEG-4 h,264 standard so I can put it back on the memory card to pllay in HD on my plasma tv?

Thanks...

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:26 AM   #933

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
there are tabs just under thefile edit etc that says Export

also in File

then follow ..................

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
Question... I shot some video and want to edit it in the Premiere Elements that came with the camera. WHen I am finished editing, how do I export the time line so that it is in the correct MPEG-4 h,264 standard so I can put it back on the memory card to pllay in HD on my plasma tv?

Thanks...

I tried the export but there is no way to export to the format the HD700 needs for HD

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:56 AM   #934

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
Not to change the current subject, but.....

Anyone else had issues rendering a video to DVD in Premiere Elements? I am upgrading my desktop so it can run Elements and in the mean time have been using my Thinkpad X41 laptop (XP Pro, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM). Elements runs OK and playback is almost OK.... sound and video drift out of synch slowly because the CPU hits 100% at times. When I put together a string of clips and try to burn it to DVD, the transcoding begins but stops at between 5% and 6% with a "transcoding error". I have no idea why. I have the page file disabled but I seem to be using about 500MB of my total 1.5GB RAM so I don't think that is the problem. And there is plenty of room on the hard drive.

Until the render errors, I was impressed with Elements. Easier to use than Studio (which I hated).

Paul
OK, desktop PC is now upgraded to dual core 3 GHz with 2GB RAM (soon to be upgraded to 4GB dual channel).

Rendering from PE seems to be OK although I have not tried a long project, just a single clip.

Playback in QT is jerky.... it seems to play the video slightly slower than real time and then every second or two it drops frames to keep up with the audio (which plays back normally). While it is doing this, the CPU utilization is roughly 50%, spread maybe 70/30 between the two cores. Not sure why just yet. I will be interested to see if adding the second 2GB ram stick and enabling dual channel RAM mode removes whatever bottleneck there is. Anyone have and thoughts about tweeking or changing playback method to improve the playback? My video is embedded in the motherboard. This is a new installation and I have not gone over it carefully to see if anything can be further improved. How do you find out where the bottleneck is when playback is jerky and the CPU is not fully utilized?

I STILL notice a substantial difference in playback from the cameravia HDMI vs. playback from file in QT on the same 1440 X 900 monitor. The in-camera playback has MUCH more noticeable noise... it is a lot more "blocky" in appearance and very evident in dark areas. The QT playback is much better, with no obvious noise in the same clip. I have played the same clip simultaneously via camera and in QT and switched between them and the difference is very real. Maybe the decoder in the camera is simply not very well implemented because it wasn't intended for high quality playback?

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:03 AM   #935

I dont use quicktime to play the files as it was slow and choppy on my PC. I use MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC with a h.264 HD codec http://www.danielandrade.net/2007/02...nition-videos/

HOWEVER, I have an issue with PE3 where when I am done editing, I see no way to export back into the proper format for the camera so I can play back the files on my HD TV (since I dont have an HD DVD ). There has to be a way. My goal is to edit the video and put it back onto the Hard Drive I am using for the xacti library and then be able to play it on my TV using the camera and doc.

Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:11 AM   #936

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
I dont use quicktime to play the files as it was slow and choppy on my PC. I use MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC with a h.264 HD codec http://www.danielandrade.net/2007/02...nition-videos/

HOWEVER, I have an issue with PE3 where when I am done editing, I see no way to export back into the proper format for the camera so I can play back the files on my HD TV (since I dont have an HD DVD ). There has to be a way. My goal is to edit the video and put it back onto the Hard Drive I am using for the xacti library and then be able to play it on my TV using the camera and doc.
I have Media Player 11 and ffdshow but it won't play h.264. I don't fully understand how to make it work... do you or do you not need the haali parser? And if so how the heck do you set it up? I have seen refereces to MPC.... is it the preferred solution over MP 11?

I am way too new at this to advise you, but I know PE can export as an avi. That should be playable. In fact, I did it with a short clip and it played just fine in MP 11.

Maybe in a year, all the players will do h.264 and all the editors will export to it?

Paul
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:17 AM   #937

I tried everything to get MP11 to play the videos and it will not. SO I use MPC and the conec listed on the link i provided to get it to play and it works perfectly...

Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:18 AM   #938

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
djqwik wrote:
Quote:

I have Media Player 11 and ffdshow but it won't play h.264. I don't fully understand how to make it work... do you or do you not need the haali parser? And if so how the heck do you set it up? I have seen refereces to MPC.... is it the preferred solution over MP 11?

I am way too new at this to advise you, but I know PE can export as an avi. That should be playable. In fact, I did it with a short clip and it played just fine in MP 11.

Maybe in a year, all the players will do h.264 and all the editors will export to it?

Paul
WEll I dont want to export to AVI. AVI cant be put back on the camera xacti library and cant be played by the camera. My goal, again, is the edit in PE3, export back to the proper camera format so it is STILL h.264 MPEG-4 1280x720 High Def. then I can put it onto the xacti library and then hook the camera up to my HD TV and play the edited video.

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:44 AM   #939

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
I have Media Player 11 and ffdshow but it won't play h.264. I don't fully understand how to make it work... do you or do you not need the haali parser? And if so how the heck do you set it up?
This thread has Caelum explaining how to get Media Player 11 to work with the Sanyo files:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...litter+ffdshow

Caelum's relevant quote:

Quote:
By the way Ipurchased a Vista Home Premium laptop earlier this year to use as a [highlight= #88ffff]Media Center PC in the living room. It works very well, I can view my entire C6 and CG65 video collection (and photos) on TV using the laptop's remote control. If you want Vista tosupport MP4 files (and many other formats) I recommend installing the free open source [highlight= #ff88ff]ffdshow tryouts codec pack andthen the [highlight= #ffff88]Haali [highlight= #88ffff]Media [highlight= #88ff88]Splitter (for it's MP4 container support). I put together a registry patch for Vista so that Windows [highlight= #88ffff]Media Player 11 and Vista's [highlight= #88ffff]Media Center can both playback andgenerate video icons for MP4 files, it's attached (codec pack and [highlight= #88ffff]media [highlight= #88ff88]splitter need to be installed first, just unzip and open the .reg fileontheVista PC).

Attachment: VistaMP4.zip
I've done this and the HD files from my HD700 work fine with Media Player 11 now.
Trocadile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:46 AM   #940

Trocadile wrote:
Quote:
I'v done this and the HD files from my HD700 work fine with Media Player 11 now.
Did you do this under Vista or XP? I'm running XP.

Paul