Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:56 AM   #941

Guys.... maybe I am mis-understanding something here. What exactly can I do with my HD videos? Can I burn them to a DVD in letterbox format? Or do I have to wait until I have a HD DVD player (do they exist)?

Dumb question I know, but I never thought about it before now.

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:23 AM   #942

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
Trocadile wrote:
Quote:
I'v done this and the HD files from my HD700 work fine with Media Player 11 now.
Did you do this under Vista or XP? I'm running XP.

Paul
I did it under Vista. Not sure whether it works under XP.
Trocadile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:43 AM   #943

Ozzman wrote:
Quote:
I am very interested in buying the Hd 700 but don't have a high definition tv?
Would this cause any problems?

I was hoping to record clips on the highest setting and put them on dvd, but would hate if they were jolty as I dont have a high def TV ?
Hi Ozzman,

I have two HD camcorders and no HDTV. Initially, I was looking for a prosumer DV camera and discovered I could get an HD one for the same price. Since HD cameras will also shoot in SD and HD I went with HD. I just sold one of my SD cameras (one remaining) and will replace it with another HD camera, three HD camcorders, and still no HDTV.

With and HD700 you have options: 1. You can shoot in SD and make DVDs for viewing on your regular TV, 2. You can shoot in HD, edit and output the video in SD now and, later, output the same video in HD when your setup changes, this way you'll have everything in HD, and 3. You can shoot in HD, output in HD to a HD-DVD (cheaper now that Blueray has won the standards war) or Blueray HD when you're setup for it and have a HD TV.

Shooting in HD gives you choices and sets you up for future use of your videos.
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:51 AM   #944

I would like to know as well.. WHen I load the video file into MP11, it crashes...

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:53 AM   #945

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
Guys.... maybe I am mis-understanding something here. What exactly can I do with my HD videos? Can I burn them to a DVD in letterbox format? Or do I have to wait until I have a HD DVD player (do they exist)?
Well, that answer depends on you and your setup. As I mentioned in the reply to Ozzman, I don't have a HDTV or HD-DVD or Blueray recorder or player -- all are available. So I output to standard DVDs right now and for the web. Depending on your software (I use a Mac so I'm not versed in Premiere, etc.) you should be able to output to a DVD in letterbox for 16:9 or even cropped to 4:3 if you'd like.

Later, when you have a full HD setup, and we all will eventually, you can re-output to a Blueray disc, sit back and complain how things look on your 150" screens and question whether the new Sanyo Holographic pocketcam is real 3D. :lol:
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:28 PM   #946

we can burn a dvd using adobe premier and render to a dvd by using file or dvd set up thatsimple it is what we can do for a standard DVD player. now VB mentions you want a HD dvd file, yes it is possable but not with Adobe Premier but a 3rd party software

http://www.youtube.com/v/sWkW_A7z7tM

Use a 3rd party like magix pro editor 12 it has the capability to produce a HD dvd out of a regular DVD disk but needs a Blue-ray or Hd DVD player. was that the confussion?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 2:08 PM   #947

I dont want to make an HD DVD. what I want to do is edit the video I shoot with the HD700 in premiere. then export it back to the memory card and put the card back in the camera. then hook up the COMPONENT OR HDMI cable to my plasma and be able to watch the edited video in high def from the camera like you can do with the files before you edit...

Old Feb 12, 2008, 2:10 PM   #948

video no longer available.....

Old Feb 12, 2008, 2:26 PM   #949

djqwik wrote:

Quote:

video no longer available.....

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 3:55 PM   #950

Thanks so much for the responce visorblue

So just to make sure I have ths right.... I can shoot in High Definition, then edit it to normal DVD format before burning to disc?
This will enable me to play DVD (not in high definition) but gives me the option to change to high definition down the track if I keep the file on my computer ?

Also, if I were to play in High definition through my non High def TV, would that mean the picture would look sharp, but be jolty ?

Sorry to sound ignorant, really want to pick up one of these cameras, just want to make sure I know everything about it, as I have to import overseas.
They don't sell them in New Zealand unfortunateley !

Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote