Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:28 PM   #951

Well, I couldnt get the video back into the HD700 camera.. HOWEVER, I used premiere elements 3 .. I started with an igh def 720P project.... edited my video and then burned a widescreen dolby 5.1 DVD... Now of course its no longer in HD.. I then took the DVD down to my DVD Player which up-converts to 1080I and WOW!!! I could not believe the quality of the video. It still looked high def! what a great little camera..

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:46 PM   #952

Ozzman wrote:
Quote:
Thanks so much for the responce visorblue

So just to make sure I have ths right.... I can shoot in High Definition, then edit it to normal DVD format before burning to disc?
This will enable me to play DVD (not in high definition) but gives me the option to change to high definition down the track if I keep the file on my computer ?

Also, if I were to play in High definition through my non High def TV, would that mean the picture would look sharp, but be jolty ?

Sorry to sound ignorant, really want to pick up one of these cameras, just want to make sure I know everything about it, as I have to import overseas.
They don't sell them in New Zealand unfortunateley !

Just do wehat I did tonight. IF yo burn it in SD wide screen dolby 5.1 you wil watch a letterbox video on your non-hd TV but the quality will be awesome!. I have an up-converting DVD player hooked up to a 42 inch plasma and WOW the quality of the DVD I created. Now if I could only make a read HD DVD and play it on an HD player of some sort...

Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:54 PM   #953

Ozzman wrote:
Quote:
So just to make sure I have ths right.... I can shoot in High Definition, then edit it to normal DVD format before burning to disc? This will enable me to play DVD (not in high definition) but gives me the option to change to high definition down the track if I keep the file on my computer ?
Yep. Depending on the file sizes, etc. I'd back the data up to a DVD or DL DVD so you have them later and not fill up your hard drive. djqwik's test sounds good, too. I don't have a 40" TV nor an up-converting DVD player (that I know of, never tried) but that's an option.

Quote:
Also, if I were to play in High definition through my non High def TV, would that mean the picture would look sharp, but be jolty ?
I have no idea as I haven't tried this. Maybe someone ele will chime in.

Good luck!
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:13 AM   #954

Thanks for your help guys !

Think I might just get one and play round with it....

I'm sure I can get some decent quality movies out of it with the TV I have.

Thanks again !! :-)
Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:20 AM   #955

Has anyone shot much footage in just standard definition ?

What is the quality like ?

Cheers :idea:
Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:44 AM   #956

yes I have if you look at Ozzman wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone shot much footage in just standard definition ?

What is the quality like ?

Cheers :idea:
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 7:43 AM   #957

which standard DEF Setting do you recommend? Although I would probably always shoot in HD mode and just do what I did to make the SD DVD wide screen..

Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:32 AM   #958

There are a few modes 1280x720 SHQ, and HD they are the two only Hi def 720p of the cam.

There are two 6440x480 modes at SH and HD no Hi dif, (correct me)

there is a single Mode 320x240 (camera not in hand) and a voice mode

I shoot HD-DV 1280x720 720P mode, this will allow me to get my footage back up, andburnmy Disk, without a headache. I am able to capture a frame and save as a image so i can minimize if I need more space to the cameras file.

I love the idea that we have a widemode for a picture at 5m widescreen, I see no need to go further than 5 m on the pic and hd-dv on the film. the battery would exhaust before my 2 gig card, and that I would carry a spare.

djqwik wrote:
Quote:
which standard DEF Setting do you recommend? Although I would probably always shoot in HD mode and just do what I did to make the SD DVD wide screen..
Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:54 AM   #959

I have an 8GB card in mine and I shot a lot of HD video and photos (both wide screen regular), played back the footage and also did in-camera editing and red-eye removal and the battery never went dead or even seemed low. I did carry 2 extra batteries in case...

Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:26 AM   #960

Max time is 80 min for battery life