Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:09 PM   #971

thanks paul i didnot want to close down my 2 1/2 2 minute clip LOl so iam andwill do jsut that

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
and it is 640x480 res. rendered to win media due to finding QT will not give me my size, or Mpeg1 needs a key code LOL
The MPEG2 encoder requires activation but it is free. You just click the link, give them your info, and the site gives you the activation code which you paste into the code box in Elements. They ask for an Email but you don't have to give them your real Email because they don't send the activation to it.

I assume MPEG1 would be the same?

Paul
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:13 PM   #972

I am sure if you just update quicktime to 7 or higher you be fine i do not like the windows version changes qt to stil la no icon file meaning

wmp ican see a thumbnail, but on QT i cannot

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
Hey, while we're talking about editors and players.... anyone know if there is a place where you can download the Media Player decoder that Aiptek distributes with their cameras? I know I can order the CD for about $10 shipped, but if there is a place to download it.....

I had an AIPTEK a week or two ago and installed the software on my laptop and it plays h.264 in Media Player fairly well. At the time I didn't have a powerful enough desktop so I never installed it on the desktop. I returned the camera so I don't have the CD any more.

Paul
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:31 PM   #973

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://www.vimeo.com/688326allow 15 mins from time.

Here is a 640x480 resolution shot from the sanyo xacti hd700 using Adobe premier to edit, andsave Not a great fan ofAdobe, hard to add a simplef ade for me. Hard to render back to quicktime of same file format somehow Adobe may like Win media player just a tad more.

Enjoy the footage there is a part I like vid 4 being a low light situation and best of all gave a great look when watching, my opinion thanks
That looked pretty good. Love the music, too. Adobe is hard to you as you haven't been using it. Tell us in a month of using it what you think. I was using and liking iMovie on the Mac and moving up to Final Cut Pro was like working with Martian technology initially. Then it became easier and made more sense to me (I'm still no expert) and, by comparison, iMovie seems very primitive now.

You'll be making Premiere Elements sing and dance soon, buying version 4, and then Pro, After Effects...and making the fishycomics Survivorman that's better the real one with full Hollywood style special effects. :lol:
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:35 PM   #974

thank you for the compliments will try my best to learn it
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:27 AM   #975

A friend asked me a question about the Sanyo this morning that I didn't know off the top of my head so I looked it up in the manual. While I was reading I happened to read page 110 again on the ISO Sensivity.

Hmm. I didn't remember there being a difference between still and video ISO settings. Totally explains why in my candle test I didn't notice a change from 800-3200. Doh!

Note the differences in the auto mode for stills vs. video, too. Interesting.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:30 AM   #976

I was running some tests on my considerably larger HD camera last night and comparing it to the HD700 for the heck of it. I have to say that I like the Sanyo better in terms of color (other camera is too cold for my taste), ISO settings (other doesn't offer an ISO settings), image settings like normal, soft, vivid, & soft vivid (not available on the other camera, you need to add pro black mist, warm black mist, etc. filters), and a few other things. The Sanyo was good to go out of the box for me and the other camera required considerable tweaking.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:36 PM   #977

paulgoelz wrote:
Quote:
OK, so CPU speed and utilization aside, it sounds like I am in the ballpark....

I am interested though in why you are using both CPUs to near capacity and I am not. I noticed that when I opened Elements, the CPU went to 100% several times but while rendering it stays under 60%.

Something else I noticed last night. I finally got my camera footage to play on the PC reasonably well by using ffdshow and Media Player Classic. It was not perfect but it was close. Periodically, the noise in darker areas would intensify. This seemed to coincide with when ffdshow "skipped deblocking" because the delay went past the 350mS specified in the configuration box. It appears as though ffdshow skips deblocking periodically (whatever that is) in order to hold the audio / video delay under whatever maximum you specifiy. During the time leading up to the skip, the grain intensifies and then after the skip, it smooths out. When it is intensified, it looks a lot like it looks when played back in the camera. Maybe there is a smoothing / de-noising step in playback that is missing in the camera?

I just stumbled on a player called CoolDVD Player

http://www.secoolsoft.com/cool-dvd-player/index.htm

that claims to be the first DVD player to support dual core CPUs.
Replying to myself..... my CPU issues are resolved. Turns out the motherboard I was sold was old enough (one year) that the installed BIOS did not support the E8400 CPU they sold me with it. I flashed the BIOS and everything is wonderful. h.264 HD videos now play back in any compatible viewer smoothly with no dropped frames and a CPU load of about 25% (3GHz dual core). In fact, I can render to DVD and watch another video in MPC with near perfect playback.

My 3GHz CPU had been running at 1.2GHz. Now it is running at 3GHz it is REALLY zippy.

Played back in MPC / ffdshow, they look really good, especially with just a touch of sharpening. The noise is far less noticeable than it is played back in the camera.

And CoolDVDPlayer apparently will play MPEG-4 but not h.264. Oh well.

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:50 PM   #978

Hi All.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone !
Has been a great help...

On another note......

I read a review on the HD700 somewhere, and it said something about the PAL region not being very good...
It basically advised that PAL is 25 frames per second and the HD700only goes to 30 frames per second...
I livein NZ and PAL is the region we use here, not NTSC.
Would this be a problem ?
Has anyone else experienced anything like this ?
Everything I havefrom DVD writer to DVD player is multizone so I guess I could record in NTSC which would hopefully solve the problem if there is one in the first place?
Does anyone have any information on this ?

Also Ihave read some mixed reviews on the HD700 in low light....
I plan to use the camera a fair bit in low light....
Are the negative reviews a result of people not using the settings to their advantage, ordoes it genuinely performquite poorly in low light ?
I have read the user guide online and it says that with using the settings wisely and increasing the ISO to 400, you can get some greatquality in low light?
Does anyone have any experience with this ?

I would like to pick one up and have a play, butno one supplies them in New Zealand, so have to import..... would hate to get a nasty surprise...

Any thoughts on the above two topics ??

Thanks guys
Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:14 PM   #979

http://www.vimeo.com/692017

http://www.vimeo.com/692134

South street seaport at night 5 am hour let the video speak for low light All AUTO when manual is needed will tell.

Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:12 PM   #980

I have a 10 minute video I edited in Premire Elements.. How can I upload it to vimeo.com and still keep it in High Definition mode? I exported it out of premere to quicktime h.264 mov but its over 1G .. ids there amy way to do this?

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote