Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:06 PM   #981

cut it down to 500 meg or less vimeo only allows 500 per time.

you find the split thencut save
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:22 AM   #982

Its alredy rendered to MOV. How do I split it or do I have to re-render and can I tell ot to render only part in PE3?
it took about 6 hours to render to MOV

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:23 PM   #983

Ozzman wrote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone !
Has been a great help...

On another note......

I read a review on the HD700 somewhere, and it said something about the PAL region not being very good...
It basically advised that PAL is 25 frames per second and the HD700only goes to 30 frames per second...
I livein NZ and PAL is the region we use here, not NTSC.
Would this be a problem ?
Has anyone else experienced anything like this ?
Everything I havefrom DVD writer to DVD player is multizone so I guess I could record in NTSC which would hopefully solve the problem if there is one in the first place?
Does anyone have any information on this ?

Also Ihave read some mixed reviews on the HD700 in low light....
I plan to use the camera a fair bit in low light....
Are the negative reviews a result of people not using the settings to their advantage, ordoes it genuinely performquite poorly in low light ?
I have read the user guide online and it says that with using the settings wisely and increasing the ISO to 400, you can get some greatquality in low light?
Does anyone have any experience with this ?

I would like to pick one up and have a play, butno one supplies them in New Zealand, so have to import..... would hate to get a nasty surprise...

Any thoughts on the above two topics ??

Thanks guys
... No, I have a HD-TV and a PAL-TV(tube), the HD700-shootings are great on both screens.
I store all my shootings on an external 250gb usb hard disk via the Xacti Library.
This is a great feature. So far I know only Sanyo offers suchlike.
Files copied to the hard disk are played back by "rolls"/calendar tab (it´s like a video diary!).
Depending on the used screen you connect it with the included HDMI, S-Video or RCA-Video cable to the docking station.
I don´t like editing my clips on the pc. So I do it all with the cam (works quick and perfect) and play the files back with the Xacti Library/docking station fom the usb hd (via HDMI).
To get some files on DVD for my friends I recorded these on my standalone HD/DVD-Recorder (connected via S-Video to the docking station). I can say these PAL-DVDs look great, very colourful and clean on my old Sony-PAL-TV. No need to record in NTSC.

I like the HD700 low light-performance. Do not set ISO higher than 200 (best 50/100) and try different white balances.

http://www.vimeo.com/676774

*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:03 PM   #984

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
Marcus Alzona wrote:
Quote:
The problem is that, say, you have a still camera, and aretaking a picture of a scene/event....and you decide that you want to take some video with a Sanyo...you pull out the HD1/700/etc....open it up...and inevitably find that you are way, way too close to capture the scene. Sometimes, I find that I have to stand in the doorway, slightly in the next room, in order to get the FOV to capture some scenes/events.
Hmm. Okay, not something I do or can relate to as I don't tend to use the HD700 with another camera shooting the same thing from the same position. I shoot stills and video with the HD700 all the time. However, I'll check my HD700 against another camera later, but would expect the FOV of a 4:3 camera at 38-190mm to be different than tha Sanyo's 16:9 at the same focal length. I'll check it against another 16:9 HD camera at the same focal lengths as well.

Later...

Okay, as promised, I just setup the HD700, another 720P HD camera, and a still camera in the same spot (on a tripod with a quick release), set them all to approx. 38mm like the HD700 and compared. The other HD camera and the HD700 were almost identical -- it's a 40mm equiv. at the widest, not a nickel's worth of difference. The still camera had about the same FOV side-to-side but more top/bottom, which I expected due to the 4:3 ratio verses the 16:9 of the HD cameras.

The only times I could see needing to back up is if I had to have the same vertical FOV and that's going to happen with any 16:9 vs. 4:3 situation, or if was using the stabilizer on the HD700 as it crops, at that point I could understand your comments. So, if you're comparing the HD700's digital image stabilizer to another camera's optical image stabilizer, then you're right and I get the point.

I don't use the HD700's stabilizer in normal practice. Not because I don't like it, more because I rarely am in a situation where hand holding will be real shaky that I don't also have a tripod, monopod or something to brace the camera or myself on.
visorblue - thanks for checking. Yeah, I'm wondering about how I should deal with the stabilizer - on or off by default. :-) But, though I'd really like to go for the HD700 for size and price reasons, I'm almost certainly going to go for the HD1000 for 1080i and for simultaneous picture taking (just posted http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=27 ).

I spoke to a representative ofSanyo earlier today (asking about my Circuit City question), and since I was speaking to her, asked her about the FOV issue. She ended up referring me to a section of the manual that was...interesting:

http://sanyoservice.com/pdf/images/VPCHD700.pdf (page 211)

http://sanyoservice.com/pdf/images/VPCHD1000.pdf (page 211)

In 35mm equiv terms, it lists the HD1000 as 38mm for still image shooting, but 49.7mm for video clip recording (no idea if that is with or without IS). The HD700 does not break it down between still and video, and just lists 38mm - but as we saw from the image I put up earlier ( http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...age=44#p853788 ) it does have an effect....so now I guess we know by how much (38mm vs 49.7mm).

I have no idea if a 49.7mm lens is considered bad or not - anyone?

Thanks!

Marcus Alzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:41 PM   #985

Amazon has some excellent sales again on a used brown one 259 dirt cheap.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:12 PM   #986

Marcus Alzona wrote:
Quote:
In 35mm equiv terms, it lists the HD1000 as 38mm for still image shooting, but 49.7mm for video clip recording (no idea if that is with or without IS). The HD700 does not break it down between still and video, and just lists 38mm - but as we saw from the image I put up earlier ( http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...age=44#p853788 ) it does have an effect....so now I guess we know by how much (38mm vs 49.7mm).

We all have different needs (I like the Canon HV20, too) and ways of analyzing what will meet our needs. I really don't pay attention to what the mm is when I shoot. I just zoom out or in, or add the 0.45x lens and shoot. Whether the 35mm equiv. and video equiv are different I don't care. The HD700 is a 7mp still and the HD1000 is a 4mp still. Maybe that accounts for some things, but it's still just numbers and I take pictures and videos without worrying about the numbers.

When I bought my HD700 in November I had three other DV cameras, two SD and one HD. Since the HD700 I've sold off one SD and will be selling off the much larger and more feature packed HD, the HD700 is staying.

I may add a couple more DV cameras in the future -- waiting for the Canon HV30 to hit the streets and want to find out about the AVCHD of the Canon HF10, but the HD700 is staying. It goes almost everywhere with me and I'm quite pleased with the results. Whether it's 38mm, 49mm, or 60mm, I just look, compose and shoot. If I had to match it to another camera, I'd figure out a way -- granted, it wouldn't probably be from a different angle so it would be that much of a hassle.

Good luck in finding what you want.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 10:03 PM   #987

Quote:
... No, I have a HD-TV and a PAL-TV(tube), the HD700-shootings are great on both screens.
I store all my shootings on an external 250gb usb hard disk via the Xacti Library.
This is a great feature. So far I know only Sanyo offers suchlike.
Files copied to the hard disk are played back by "rolls"/calendar tab (it´s like a video diary!).
Depending on the used screen you connect it with the included HDMI, S-Video or RCA-Video cable to the docking station.
I don´t like editing my clips on the pc. So I do it all with the cam (works quick and perfect) and play the files back with the Xacti Library/docking station fom the usb hd (via HDMI).
To get some files on DVD for my friends I recorded these on my standalone HD/DVD-Recorder (connected via S-Video to the docking station). I can say these PAL-DVDs look great, very colourful and clean on my old Sony-PAL-TV. No need to record in NTSC.

I like the HD700 low light-performance. Do not set ISO higher than 200 (best 50/100) and try different white balances.

http://www.vimeo.com/676774

Thanks very much for the responce..... I hope I'm not driving everyone too crazy with my questions...

I watched the video above, and found the quality very pleasing for low light however it was a little bit jolty... When I turned the HD button off, the picture wasn't as jolty...

Would anyone be able to tell me why the picture may be jolty ? Could it be possibly my computer or is that just how the video looks ?

Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 3:50 AM   #988

Ozzman wrote:
Quote:
I watched the video above, and found the quality very pleasing for low light however it was a little bit jolty... When I turned the HD button off, the picture wasn't as jolty...

Would anyone be able to tell me why the picture may be jolty ? Could it be possibly my computer or is that just how the video looks ?

Yes, I´ve noticed that - and some more artefacts - too. I think the upload runs down the quality. The original footage is not jolty and always looks much better on a tv-screen.
The quality is already better when you download a hd700 clip and watch it with the VLC media player on the pc.

*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 6:44 AM   #989

what are the requirements for the HD700 for a PC?

Vimeo is a flash player, and ver. on the site

A what bandwidth is your Server, and are you landline, air ard, wifi etec.?

B What speed are you running?

These key factors are why things run slower. jerk skip. forget about Fios, or FTTP. Copper-to- fiber-to- copper

best use a tv set.

*derxxsfilmer* wrote:
Quote:
Ozzman wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I´ve noticed that - and some more artefacts - too. I think the upload runs down the quality. The original footage is not jolty and always looks much better on a tv-screen.
The quality is already better when you download a hd700 clip and watch it with the VLC media player on the pc.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 6:54 AM   #990

Could not agree more.

I have a number of cams as well, and I use more and more the HD700 due to the site, and 5X opt zoom, I use my other one less but when needed for wide angle and file size, if needed Optical Zoom a tele/photo lens can be added 2x, or modded.

I may also opt to sell my other models, and limit my camera collection, but not cut my throat over a difference in a lens inquerry. XX MM-through- XX MM, lens size oh well means little to me.

I let the camera do its Job in Auto mode rather miss the moment.

for example:

driving I see a object i open up 1.3 secs the cam is on, I press the button 1.5 secs the cam films I hit pause .5 sec it stops.

3.3 secs is all it takes

If I had to thumb through to all the man controls I be a few miles pass the pic LMAO, or something else.

If in any scenerio

thanks

visorblue wrote:
Quote:
Marcus Alzona wrote:
Quote:

We all have different needs (I like the Canon HV20, too) and ways of analyzing what will meet our needs. I really don't pay attention to what the mm is when I shoot. I just zoom out or in, or add the 0.45x lens and shoot. Whether the 35mm equiv. and video equiv are different I don't care. The HD700 is a 7mp still and the HD1000 is a 4mp still. Maybe that accounts for some things, but it's still just numbers and I take pictures and videos without worrying about the numbers.

When I bought my HD700 in November I had three other DV cameras, two SD and one HD. Since the HD700 I've sold off one SD and will be selling off the much larger and more feature packed HD, the HD700 is staying.

I may add a couple more DV cameras in the future -- waiting for the Canon HV30 to hit the streets and want to find out about the AVCHD of the Canon HF10, but the HD700 is staying. It goes almost everywhere with me and I'm quite pleased with the results. Whether it's 38mm, 49mm, or 60mm, I just look, compose and shoot. If I had to match it to another camera, I'd figure out a way -- granted, it would probably be from a different angle so it would be that much of a hassle.

Good luck in finding what you want.