Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 25, 2007, 9:33 PM   #1

Hello guys,

please I need a suggestion in what sanyo to buy.

I am going to use the camera for fast focusing sport action , where I will move very fast from 1 object to another when I take videos, with no zoom at all.I would like,if it is possible, that the camera will take almost nothing to refocus on the other object .

Also I need that after I take my videos, I add slow motion, but I would like that the slow motion of the movie , does not give grainy videos.

Can u please suggest wich sanyo is best for me among for example

cg65

sanyo 1000

sanyo 700

or other sanyo models??

thank u
marcolisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2007, 9:39 PM   #2

I think the way you are describing your filming... probably any of them will do. But if you intend on slowing down motion, i'd say HD1000 just because you can record at 60 frames per second. The rest can only do 30fps.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:49 PM   #3

Yes , I would like to edit my videos and make them at slowing down motion , but a friend told me that high definition sd camcorder , are not gfood for making slow motion , because they looks grainy and pixelated in comparison to minidv camcorder.

Is this true ???

thank u
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:15 AM   #4

As a generalization that doesn't make sense.

See for yourself, member sonata1 posted an HD1000 720p/60fps sample video. Your PC probably will not be powerful enough to play it at 60fps, but if you edit it you'll see what high definition @ 60fps looks like and what you can do with it.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:08 AM   #5

You should be comparing all brands and varieties of HD camcorders instead of "SD vs MiniDV" if you are concerned about image quality.

Just decide what your price range is and go find samples of what you have in mind.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:22 AM   #6

Thank u guys, reguarding the sanyo cameras tht I pointed u , which one will give a crisp slow motion and a fast focusing for sport action??

REguarding the sanyo1000 , the onlu thing that I do not like is the hude lens diameter that has in comparison with the otre smallest sanyo taht I wrote.

Will the 60ftps a much move convenience for me??

Also, will it be possible for me to attach a lens converter to the sanyo 1000 lens??

thank u

Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:35 AM   #7

marcolisi wrote:
Quote:
Thank u guys, reguarding the sanyo cameras tht I pointed u , which one will give a crisp slow motion and a fast focusing for sport action??

REguarding the sanyo1000 , the onlu thing that I do not like is the hude lens diameter that has in comparison with the otre smallest sanyo taht I wrote.

Will the 60ftps a much move convenience for me??

Also, will it be possible for me to attach a lens converter to the sanyo 1000 lens??

thank u
if you intend on slowing down motion.... i'm assuming you will do it in one of two ways:

1) simply slowing down the frames per second speed.
2) software interpolating frames to create a smooth looking slow speed.

Both of which will benefit from having 60 frames per second. Slowing down 60 frames per second will look better than slowing down 30 fps. and having 60 fps simply gives you more reference points if you want to use software interpolated slow down.

HD1000 also have a 40.5mm lens thread, and step up converter threads are available at camera stores. I'm not sure any of the smaller lens cameras you listed has that option.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:47 AM   #8

Do u know if will I able to attach1 of my 3 lens adapter rings

37mm × 0.75
or
30mm × 0.75
or
30.5mm × 0.5
or
27mm × 0.5

to the sanio 1000 ??

tx
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:48 AM   #9

Will I be able to attach 1 of my 3 lens adapter rings

37mm × 0.75
or
30mm × 0.75
or
30.5mm × 0.5
or
27mm × 0.5

to the sanyo 1000 ??

thgank u
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:59 AM   #10

the HD1000's thread is 40.5mm... I'm pretty sure you can only really step up to a larger diameter not smaller.... or else you'll be blocking off recording area.