Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:26 AM   #1

Question with the HD1000 on a tripod, are you able to hook up AC power ?? If so, does the AC power re-charge the battery ??? Thanks for any info. God Bless :-)
JRDELUNAIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:48 AM   #2

I don't have the HD1000, but according to the manual, it's likethe HD700, there is a DC connector at the rear of the camera that does not interfere with the bottom. So, yes, you can powerthe HD1000withthe AC adaptorwhile it's on a tripod, and yes it will charge the battery (but the camera's batterydoes not charge whilethe camerais being actively used).

Oh, and the remote works without the docking station as well. So you can put the camera on a tripod and use the remote to control it. Someone was asking about time-lapse or stop-motion here before, and I was thinking, in theory, a device or PC could be programmed to send IR commands to the camera to take stills at regular intervals.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:21 AM   #3

Cool thanks for the info. Might have to purchase the HD1000 to replace my one month old HD2. I video tape my pastor's church service on Sundays and sometimes the 1 1/2 hour rating of the HD2 battery has is not enough. I usually have to cut out a lot of the service and just get the sermon, but sometimes 1 1/2 hour is not enough.I create DVD videos using the Ulead software that is included and it is very easy to use.We then send out the DVD Video's to memebers that miss the service or live in different states, etc. So anyone interested in purchasing my 1 month old Sanyo HD2 used only for 3 Sundays. I originally purchased it from Sam's Club for about $650. Make me a fair offer if anyone is interested. God Bless :G
JRDELUNAIII is offline   Reply With Quote