Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:38 PM   #1

Hello all - I am a student in university and bought this camera specifically for recording classes - it is excellent quality even recording under florecent light and even recording overheads that even to the human eye are hurtful for the amount of glare and whitelight emitted - I love this camera to death but Im not tech savy so each time I pause the camera to save battery I end up with a new file - I have about 100 files to join on my external drive I save everything too but some of them I taped in different formats - even if I didnt - does anyone know if Nero Ultra 8 is a good software program to work with all these files and if so how to I go about it. WIlling to chat with someone who is good at this stuff on msn messanger [email protected] if you could help a student in need it would be apprecieated - also - I want to sit at the front of the class so what lens could I buy that would both save some memory (low quality video) but be able to get the entire blackboard
Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:06 PM   #2

A good program 'to work with these files' ...

by that you mean actual editing? or just join the ones you want into a larger clip?

I have succesfully joined several 720p MP4 files from an HD700 into a large MP4 video without recompressing video/audio. But of course, all the files shared the same resolution (1280x720p)... otherwise, no matter how you see it, you will have to recompress (lose quality) and create a new file.

The program I used to do this was Avidemux 2.4 for windows. Is free.
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 4:55 AM   #3

quality for me is not really important - actually I just need to join all the clips and i didnt know that everything had to be recorded in the same amount of pixels so I was experimenting - seems the webshow (very low res) is sufficient and longer battery and smaller files as well so I dont fill up my 500 gb mass storage LOL

so I will try that program - I did just buy Nero Ultra but it is so damb confusing. Then there is always the Ulead Moviefactor SE that came with the cam but same problem - for me to difficult to figure out -

If I have to make all those vids the same pixel format how about would I go about doing that so I can join all my physics and all my chem classes together in order rather than searching through my mass storage for dates to view the material.

Sorry if I sound dumb about this stuff but I really am
Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:08 AM   #4

Also the free Streamclip from Squared5should allow you to do lossless cut and join on the PC (and Mac)the same way Quicktime Pro does. But, again, all clips must still be in the same format.

Of course using standard video editing software you can mix different formats together, it will not be lossless, but you should get good results. The consensus seems to be that Sony Vegas is a good video editing software for this cam. You have to learn any video editing software however, there is none as easy and simple as the lastest Xacti's built-in video editing feature.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote