Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 11, 2007, 8:25 AM   #21

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
I think that would be more accurately written as follows:

5. Choose "FORMAT" from the Menu Screen, and Then push the "SET" Button to the Left for More Than 2 Seconds.
Or indeed

5. Highlight (butDO NOTselect by pressing the "SET" button) the "Format" optionon the Menu, then push the "SET" button to the left for more than 2 seconds.

That had me stumped and worried for a while.
Burlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:17 PM   #22

Help please...:?

I've formatted my sd card and copied the file onto it but when I highlight "format" and push the joystick to the left and hold for two seconds it just goes back to the "option menu screen."

Also Nero or Quicktime won't playback. Windows Media Player 11 will, but the sound cuts in and out so I was hoping this firmware update would help.

marisona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:48 PM   #23

Marisona - suggest switching camera off and then back on and going through the whole process again. The update process via the format screen had me - and apparently quite a few others here - stumped; I had to do it a couple of times until it worked.

Also, once you do get it to work, don't panic if it takes a LOT longer than 90 seconds to revert back to normal. In my case, the updating process took closer to 10 minutes before the camera shut itself off. On the flip side, it DOES appear to me that the image playback has improved. Maybe it's a placebo effect?:lol:

IcelandFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:09 PM   #24

Thanks Islandfan! I did finally get the update installed...but the problem was that I had put it in the wrong folder. It didn't take long for the update though.

But I'm still back to playback problems. I always like to watch my vids on my pc and none of the programs will play them properly. The only one that works is Windows Media Player but then the sound ismessed up...even after the update. I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Nero since that's the program that came bundled with the HD1000 but that one is the worst one. Is there something I'm missing here? It is very frustrating because I love using the camera/camcorder but what good is it to me if I can't play them on my pc?

I have Vista Business on my laptop and Vista Premium on my desktop. Could this be Vista issues?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:05 AM   #25

Could you send us an audio sample from your cam (only some seconds). Or test my sample if it play well on your pc (zip-file below).

Attached Files
File Type: zip Sany0609.zip (52.8 KB, 130 views)
ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:31 AM   #26

ddchesser- Your audio file played fine on Nero, Quicktime, and Windows Media Player. I'm not sure I know how to do an audio file but I can try to upload a short video if that will help you help me..??

Thank you
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:24 AM   #27

I have a german cam therefore the right names on your cam are only similar.

- go to then menu

- thento movie (german: Film)

- underWebSHQ 320x240 SHQ

- you find a mic symbol for only soundrecording, choose this

You start the recording the same as for movie, but only sound will be recorded.

The file with ending.M4Acompress with Winzip, Winrar toa SANY****.zip. This you can upload as an attachment like I did.

Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:29 AM   #28

Thanks ddchesser. I didn't even realize I had the voice clip feature because I've been spending all my time trying to just play vids.

Ok I compressed the file. Hope it uploads.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SANY0021.zip (87.0 KB, 136 views)
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:49 AM   #29

Hallo,

only sound recording is very useful for later edit the video and don't need much space.Ican hear no difference to my recording. Only (I don't want to get to personally: your voice is more pleasant and your english much better).

Look at the "Noisy HD 1000"-forum.

So if the audio sample are also the same on pc try this:

Make anvideo clip with [email protected] or [email protected] (also an "older" pc will play) . This small clips you can also play on VLC-Player (freeware) . Many other mediaplayer needs extra codecs.If the video is ok and good playable (video and audio) then I think you only have a software or pc problem with the big videos.

Good luck!

You also can make an attachment: the same way a little video .zip (<250kB) with 320x24030fps (Webmode)
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:30 PM   #30

Thank you so much ddchesser!

I tried the [email protected] and it played fine on my pc! I sure appreciate the help. As you can see I'm not all that camera savvy but I'm learning.

Ihaven't even tried playing vids on my HDTV yet. I've got an external hard drive on the way so hopefully the HD vids will play good on the TV once I figure out how to do that...lol. Meanwhile I guess I'll just use the [email protected] setting for now and watch them on my pc. I love my HD1000 and I know I'll be using it a lot. I can just stick it in my purse so it will be so handy.

Thanks again for the help! :bye: