Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:53 AM   #1

Hi there,

I've just upgraded from the CG65 to the HD700 and I read that you need a fast card... My question what class of SD card do you need? (2,4,6...)

I've got 2 SDHC cards, with my CG65 but they don't have a class on them, and at the end of every recording, it akes a few seconds to stop blinking.

Mike
fastmike524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2007, 4:33 PM   #2

Any SD / SDHC card should still be ok for the HD700, but faster cards might help post-photo/video processing speedsand transfer speeds to the PC."Standard" SD cards are typically at least"10X"10 X 150KB/s ~= 12Mbps. Class 2 = 2MB/s= 16Mbps. The fastest recording bit-rate for the HD700 is 9Mbps. It's always possible some very cheap brands, and especially fakes, could have speed issues; but good cards in working order should all be fine. Higher speeds are mostly just convenient.

Strange that your SDHC card does not have a Speed Class, according to the SD card association, it's mandatory:

Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 3:18 PM   #3

Caelum a écrit:
Quote:
Class 2 = 2MB/s= 16Mbps.
Quote:
Strange that your SDHC card does not have a Speed Class, according to the SD card association, it's mandatory:

Thanks Caelum for your reply, I thought that I would have to get a class 9 SDHC card but apparently a class 2 is fine...

Yes on my card ( a no brand) there is no class written on it. After every recording I have the red light flashing a few seconds, the same as with my CG65, is this the same with everybody?

Mike
fastmike524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:10 PM   #4

I'm not using SDHCs because I still want to usesomany of the SD card readers I have and available out there and most do not support SDHC, only newer ones do. I'm using many 2GB SD cards (very affordable now), and yes, I would say that after shooting video the red light will flash for a couple of seconds(whilethebufferflushes and the MP4 file is finalized).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 3:09 PM   #5

My 4GB SDHC CLASS 6 A-DATA has locked up in my 2nd day of using my new HD700. "Memory Problem" the HD700 is heard saying from its speaker every time I power it off and on.
Screen is fixed at showing which Format I want it to do. 'Format' or 'Full Format' . Can't playback or record or connect to a PC. Or even damp content to anexternal Hard drive via USB. LOCKED. No menu manuvering.
I just ordered an SDHC reader and a 4GB Sandisk Extreme III memory card.
I am hoping to be able to retirieve the few takes I have taken before the catastropic incident using the reader.
I may have a bad SDHC card or a flaky HD700 or ...
I admit I had botheringly pressed the camcorder 'REC' and Camera Shoot buttons back and forth when I was fumbling to take a still shot while I was recording. Still?

Have to read the manual a bit thoroughly and all but if any one of you have an idea to rescue me ...
Thanks.
Amer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 3:36 PM   #6

I had a similar problem. Try ejecting the card andreinserting it, then try"full format" again. Mineworked fine on the 3rd try, and it has worked perfectly since.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 3:58 PM   #7

thanks for the reply,
Yes, when I have given up retriving the data on the A-Data card using the SDHC reader I have ordred , I will format it using the camera or PC. But in the mean time I need to learn more about what led into this lock up.
So far, I have not seen any post like this compalint I have, thank goodness. You want to be able to trust this otherwise fun device in any case. I think you don't want to be in fear of losing your data.

Old Dec 3, 2007, 4:47 PM   #8

Out of interest what recovery software did you use? I use the freeware PC Inspector: http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file...htm?language=1

It has recovered the files from the SD card of my Pocket PC on 2 or 3 occasions when a rogue install trashed the card.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:28 AM   #9

I just want everyone to know that I bought and tried the Patriot 16GB SDHC card that I got from newegg for my HD700. The card works wonderfully and I had nearly 4 hour of recording time after it was formatted. So far, the card has not given me any trouble.
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2007, 5:39 PM   #10

Got my 4GB Sandisk Extreme III memory card. Nicely packaged with an SDHC reader , even with a RescuePRO software to retrieve lost data files! and a small bag.
I stick the A-DATA in to the reader and into my PC. PC don't see a thing just gets busy trying to read it. Run the RescuePRO all the files showed up and saved them.
The files seems to have been corrupted though! so far none of them opend in a regula picture or video applications.
Afterwards the rescePRO came across some bad sectors and reported its halting scanning. That is the end of my cheap $27 A-DATA 4GB CLASS 6. Can't be formatted neither by the PC or by the HD700. Gonna return it to Fry's and claim my money!